Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2012-06-12 20:23:18

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

One article, two pages & forms

Here’s what I’d like to do, I suspect I know the answer to this already, but I figure most of you here are smarter than me and might have a solution.

I have an article advertising an event. Plain text body and excerpt, all standard stuff. I’m using the custom fields to populate the various components of an iCalendar entry with a view to being able to offer the same article as a one-off or one-of-multiple iCalendar feeds.

What I’d ideally like to be able to do is have the article output as standard HTML, a la:

http://example.com/events/birthday-party-at-the-town-square

…and also have it available as an iCalendar feed, like this:

http://example.com/icalendar/birthday-party-at-the-town-square

It is my understanding that one article cannot have two sections natively. Equally, for my own sanity, I’d really like to avoid having multiple instances of the same event (one for HTML delivery, one for iCalendar, etc). I can kludge together a list of articles into an iCalendar format feed, that’s just about doable with my pea-sized brain, but individual articles is causing me some grief. I’ve also got the page and form construction done and validating, it’s just the delivery of the article in multiple formats that’s stumping me right now.

Any advice is warmly received – thanks in advance.

#2 2012-06-12 21:37:54

uli

Re: One article, two pages & forms

I let you decide whether this topic gives you a slight push in the desired direction.

Edit: Or simply two article_custom tags with different content on different page templates/sections.

Last edited by uli (2012-06-12 21:49:50)

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#3 2012-06-13 07:59:18

gaekwad
Server grease monkey
GitHub

Re: One article, two pages & forms

Thanks, Uli – I’ll check it out :)

Board footer