Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2012-05-15 11:46:44

Destry
Website

Re: UI elements (labels, headers, menu items...)

Gocom wrote:

Prefixes can be proper nouns, e.g. product/brand names. I write Rah with capital R when used a word, as it’s a proper noun. It’s also the plugin’s prefix.

No argument.

The point of the dev prefixes discussion was to show a convention is needed in UI menu items, it can’t simply be what a given person wants to do, that’s not a convention. I don’t care if it’s “Rah” or “rah”, you devs can decide on that, but I do care that whatever is decided, it’s done consistently thereafter. Maybe you have to define it for different contexts of use too (e.g., for UI menu items it becomes “Rah” to work easier with the sentence-case). Once you guys decide, then make it a permanent rule, and let me know so I can update copy guidelines too.

Of course, like we’ve agreed, better to avoid using prefixes for extension names if at all possible.

#14 2012-05-15 11:53:45

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: UI elements (labels, headers, menu items...)

Gocom wrote:

[Chuck Norris plugin] I will kick that to oblivion eventually

Thanks. It was the only plugin I couldn’t adequately categorize when I rejigged the textpattern.org categories. Had to use the ‘fun’ category which I knew was dangerous territory as it belittled Chuck Norris and reduced him to a novelty item. And I value my face.

Last edited by Bloke (2012-05-15 11:55:13)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

Board footer