Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2012-04-20 12:16:34

Manaus
Website

Can't create table on MAMP

Hello,
I’m trying to install a plugin (wow_gallery) which is trying to create a table on my MAMP mysql db. Since it is a problem I had with other plugins, is there any granting options I could add to the basic installation of txp441?

Thanks

#2 2012-04-21 00:32:50

uli

Re: Can't create table on MAMP

Manaus wrote:

Since it is a problem I had with other plugins, is there any granting options I could add to the basic installation of txp441?

No problem here on a 4.4.1.
Prior to activating the plugin and accessing the plugin’s extension panel, did you install and activate the accompanying library plugin?

Browsing the plugin code for safe_pfx I find these additional hints:

else echo(“<p style=\“color:#a00;\”>You are using this plugin for the first time, but the required tables could not be created by this script. Until this happens, this plugin can’t be used.</p>\n”);
echo(“<p><strong>Please remember that the files <code>wow_image.php</code> and <code>wow_tpl.php</code> must reside in your main site directory (” . $GLOBALS[‘siteurl’] . “). Please also be advised that this plugin requires GDlib to be available on this webserver.</strong></p>\n”);

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#3 2012-04-21 09:10:41

Manaus
Website

Thanks Uli,
your note made me look in the right direction.
Well it seems that the issue is in TYPE = MYISAM piece of code, which is not working on latest mysql versions.
You need to replace it with ENGINE = MYISAM.

:)

#4 2012-04-21 11:42:48

uli

When the plugin is working now for you: Did you find out from which MySQL version on ENGINE is required, so I can add that info to the first post of the wow_gallery topic? Which files are concerned?

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

Board footer