Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2012-04-16 21:50:44

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Problem with non-Textpattern / HTML code in forms

Not come across this before and it has me slightly bemused.

I’m working on a site with forms that already exist, so they have obviously been saved (by me) in the past, however I can no longer edit and save forms that contain certain types of code such as “iframe” and “text/javascript”. When I try to save such forms I am thrown out of Textpattern admin to the site’s 404 error page.

This only appears to happen with form templates. If I insert the “iframe” or “text/javascript” code blocks into a page template it saves without a hitch.

As already mentioned they have been saved before so is there anything “server-side” that may have changed to block me saving such forms?

The site is running on 4.4.1 and diagnostics register as OK.

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#2 2012-04-16 22:41:18

uli

Re: Problem with non-Textpattern / HTML code in forms

Reminds me of this thread, downwards from here

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#3 2012-04-16 22:42:20

els

Hi Stuart, does one of these solutions help you?

#4 2012-04-16 23:04:45

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Blimey! So I have to find out which bit is being blocked?

So I tried both options, one with my IP address and one with the word “iframe” which appears to be something it doesn’t like any more. I got a 500 Internal Server Error for my troubles.

But why can I save the same code in a page template yet it is blocked in a form template? Are form templates treated differently?

Last edited by thebombsite (2012-04-16 23:27:00)

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#5 2012-04-17 02:57:22

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

thebombsite wrote:

Are form templates treated differently?

No, not treated differently in TXP. The thing you are experiencing is just simple HTTP GET/POST packet filtering. That’s what is blocking your requests. I would advice trying the things mentioned above, and contacting the hosting provider if it’s managed service. Depending on what they say, you may end up changing hosting provider.

But why can I save the same code in a page template

Question is, why wouldn’t you. Ask the one that wrote the filter rules. Bad matches? Too lax rules? Misconfiguration? Blocked security whole in software and the pattern matches Textpattern’s POST requests? You name it. Well, really, the reason irrelevant. You just should get filtering off for Textpattern’s admin-side interface.

Board footer