Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2009-09-06 18:42:50

yuastnav

Admin Interface keeps logging me out

Hi,

I’ve already installed textpattern a few times due to some errors and have an installation running.
One really annoying error that I am having is that the administration interface keeps logging me out after every step.

For example, I log in to: textpattern/index.php and click on admin.
Next thing that happens is that the url says textpattern/index.php?event=admin and I am back a the login prompt again, no matter whether I check “Remain logged in with this browser” or not.

Any clues?

#2 2009-09-06 20:51:38

uli

Re: Admin Interface keeps logging me out

Do you have ign_password_protect installed? If so: delete the ign_ cookie.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#3 2009-09-07 05:33:34

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

Are your cookies enabled?

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#4 2009-09-07 11:43:35

yuastnav

Yes, they are.
But I just noticed that when I login to the server through the IP instead of the Domain it works fine so it has something to do with the configuration of the VirtualHosts in Apache.

I’ve had several problem with that anyway. When I tried to install textpattern while the domain linked to http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/dir/subdir it duplicated “dir/subdir” and was unable to install properly.
Now I’ve just gotta find out how to tell Apache that it cookies should be accepted and how to configure that a domain.net and a sub.domain.net can link to the same IP http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx but be redirected to different directories.
But that is a problem with Apache and not textpattern.

Thanks for the help, anyway!

#5 2009-09-12 07:20:56

mrtunes
Website

once this happened to me on a project where i was working on the backend and the client was adding content at just about the same schedule. we were sharing the same login info so i learned a lesson there!

#6 2012-03-26 15:45:01

philipashlock
Website

I’m having this same problem, but I don’t think it’s an apache issue. I haven’t used the site in a long time and I’m just noticing this issue now after not having logged in for a while, but it’s possible that the site was compromised at some point. I had reports that there was spam on the site, but whenever I checked it out the spam wasn’t to be found anywhere. I’m running this on a shared hosting environment, so there’s a good chance there was some vulnerability exploited. This was an older version of TXP, 4.0.3 I believe, so I went ahead and updated it to 4.4.1, but that didn’t solve the problem. I’m having this same issue in multiple browsers and I’m sure it’s not an issue of cookies being disabled or anything like that. I’ve also tried disabling all plugins (which I had to do directly via MySQL since I can’t actually do anything in the admin interface without being logged out).

Does anyone have a clue what could be causing the issue?

Board footer