Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2012-03-15 11:26:04

beechy

Diagnostic page not loading mysql version 5.1.61

Hi,
I have recently moved my textpattern site onto a new server.

The old server was running mysql – 5.0.24 the new server is running mysql 5.1.61, these are the only differences I can see between the two servers.

Everything worked fine on 5.0.24 on 5.1.61 the diagnostic page never loads in the textpattern admin area. If I change the database back to 5.0.24 everything works fine.

The only related post I can find on the forum is this – http://forum.textpattern.com/viewtopic.php?id=29349&p=1

Which appears to provide a hack/work around for this – not an actual solution.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be the issue? Any help / pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by beechy (2012-03-15 11:36:48)

#2 2012-03-15 11:51:15

philwareham
Core designer
Website GitHub Mastodon

Re: Diagnostic page not loading mysql version 5.1.61

Did you run mysql_upgrade after the software installation? Might help.

From mySQL v5.1 upgrade documentation

After upgrading to a new version of MySQL, run mysql_upgrade (see Section 4.4.8, “mysql_upgrade — Check Tables for MySQL Upgrade”). This program checks your tables, and attempts to repair them if necessary. It also updates your grant tables to make sure that they have the current structure so that you can take advantage of any new capabilities. (Some releases of MySQL introduce changes to the structure of the grant tables to add new privileges or features.)

Other than that, maybe upgrade to v5.5 (I’m running Textpattern on mySQL v5.5.21 with no problem myself).

Board footer