Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#661 2012-02-29 07:01:37

MarcoK
Plugin Author
Website

Re: yab_shop (simple textpattern shop with paypal support)

Hi Tommy.

There are the possibility to insert, for each clients, when they confirm the order, in addition to personal information a different address delivery?

#662 2012-02-29 10:18:56

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Hi Rori,

Thanks for that tip. I changed it, but the price is still not visible. I’m wondering if it matters that I put <yab_shop_cart /> in a sidebar form rather than directly in the section page template itself.. I’m not sure if that could be causing problems, although the ‘add to cart’ button does seem to work and update the number of items in the cart.

The <txp:yab_shop_price /> is independent from <txp:yab_shop_cart /> so for the price it does not matter where <txp:yab_shop_price /> is located.

Btw: do you write <yab_shop_cart />?
Please write write all tag as Textpattern tags and don’t forget the beginning txp:: <txp:yab_shop_price />!

#663 2012-02-29 10:24:31

trenc
Plugin Author
Website GitHub

Hi Marco,

There are the possibility to insert, for each clients, when they confirm the order, in addition to personal information a different address delivery?

Sorry, but additional form fields are not possible at the moment without some PHP hacking.
But I refer to Stef’s post some entries above. He is working on a new version of the plugin, so this could be possible then.

trenc

#664 2012-02-29 10:32:05

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

trenc wrote:

Yes it’s possible in the next version to add fields, but bear in mind that if the person is using their PayPal account to pay, any information supplied in the yab_shop form will be overridden by the user’s PayPal account settings. Thus, delivery address will always be the one defined in the PayPal account.

If, however, they choose to use a credit card payment via the PayPal portal, then the details supplied in the yab_shop form will be used, if they are supplied. For any required fields that are not supplied by yab_shop, PayPal will display input boxes in its form.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#665 2012-03-04 13:13:42

marrael

Hi! I’ve done and triple-checked everything but am facing Paypal’s “We were unable to decrypt the certificate id” whether I’m in live or sandbox mode. I checked my config path (with and without trailing slash), PEM file names, re-generated my private keys and public certs and (re-)downloaded the Paypal public certification — always getting the same Paypal encryption error. As a last resort, I’ve emailed my webhost for help, thinking it may be an issue of permissions (though my certificates dir, outside the root dir) is set to 755, and I’ve had no problems making a test php script call a file in the same PEM file folder.

trenc wrote:

First you need an access to a unix or linux machine with an installed openssl. Maybe you have an ssh access to your hosting or web account and this is a unix or linux so you can do this. For windows maybe this port will work (not tested).

Tested, no probs. Created the files without issue.

If you have an access so follow the steps of the paypal site:

My one last hope is that the above page mentions uploading a p12 file to the directory holding the certificates. Is this what I need? This was a file mentioned by Paypal in the API certification procedure but having read (here in this forum thread, at least in a search) that it’s not needed, it’s the only thing I haven’t tried so far.

TIA for any help, this is a major headache for me. :(

#666 2012-03-07 15:03:34

adamgamb

Is anyone else experiencing problems with the shopping cart (cache?) in Safari.

Things work fine in Google Chrome, but in Safari the items don’t appear in the checkout & there is a reoccurring problem with items appearing back in the shopping cart after having been deleted once.

The implementation is faithful to the setup guidelines, but i’m assuming something’s a miss. The test is up at:

richardbrendon.com/v3/?s=shop

Please let me know your thoughts, or if there is any other information I can provide.

Thanks,

Adam

EDIT: Now having similar quirks appearing in Chrome <delete> item upped the quantity!

Last edited by adamgamb (2012-03-07 15:19:22)

#667 2012-03-08 02:38:02

hidalgo
Website

adamgamb wrote:

Is anyone else experiencing problems with the shopping cart (cache?) in Safari.

Try setting the ‘Send “Last-Modified” header?’ preference to ‘No’ in Admin > Preferences > Advanced.

If I recall correctly this is how it works while in Testing mode, so the cache issue probably only appeared after going Live.

#668 2012-03-08 09:39:17

adamgamb

Great shout! After a quick couple of tests I think that’s done the trick, and makes a lot of sense why it was destroying stuff :) !!!

Thank you

#669 2012-03-08 21:06:09

Angelic Relic
Website

Bloke wrote:
Of course, all this is dependent on the new plugin version. Getting there…

Ok , I been drudging through all sorts of reading and trying desperately to manage
some way of properly managing shipping costs for a site with a wide range of weighty items,
and a set price for shipping is just out of the question. Also using the special shipping only covers
sale of individual items properly . . . ie. upon multiple same item purchases no additional shipping is added for each item.

It appears that this is one of the many issues being addressed with the new plugin
. . . if that is the case “HURRAY!” or shall I say “HURRY

Really I am mostly just wondering if there are any Projections on how long before the NEW PlUGIN?

#670 2012-03-08 21:11:26

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Angelic Relic wrote:

if that is the case “HURRAY!” or shall I say “HURRY

:-)

Well it’s not documented yet, and if you don’t mind editing weight tables by hand you can have a copy of the new plugin now. I’ve never tried upgrading a site using it, but all the table routines are written to make the upgrade as smooth as I can at present. It’s also untested with Google Checkout, but if you’re not using that then by all means shoot me an e-mail and I’ll send you a copy.

One word of caution: BACKUP FIRST! Well, alright, that was two words.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#671 2012-03-08 22:00:39

Angelic Relic
Website

Also wondering how to set the sales tax to only apply to residents of my state (california)

#672 2012-03-23 13:51:37

Angelic Relic
Website

Bloke wrote:
but if you’re not using that then by all means shoot me an e-mail and I’ll send you a copy

I sent an email to you through your site and haven’t heard back.
I am still interested in testing the code you mentioned.

& don’t mind editing weight tables
& will BACKUP FIRST!

Board footer