Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2012-02-04 11:47:04

Dragondz
Website GitHub Twitter

A directory website with textpattern

Introduction

findeur this website is a directory of freelance and task offerers, quit different from usual site.

The website list a freelencers depending on their activities and location (in France), and let people contact them directly from the site. Each freelancer or task givers can post profile and task within the website using a custom admin section (thanks cbe_front_auth and mem_simple_form).

How to

The plugin list:

zem_contact_reborn
adi_gps
smd_if
smd_each
jmd_author
cbe_frontauth
rah_replace
mem_simple_form
smd_parent
smd_query
dzd_front_image_upload
adi_calc
rah_repeat
stm_javascript
upm_insert_tab
rss_admin_db_manager
mem_self_register
mem_admin_parse
fpx_image_import
smd_user_manager
mem_form
jmd_admin
wet_haystack
dzd_multicat_creator
bot_privs
smd_browse_by

The member zone is made with cbe_front_auth, registration by mem_self_register modifed to let choose between 3 level of user (because there is 3 types of users.
Members can post profile (thank mem_simple_form) and upload image profile (mem_simple_form with a little custom field), they modify profile and givers can post tasks and erase task.
I was thinking first using textpattern admin to let people insert data but i wasnt able to restrict sections and categories that what lead me to a custom admin on front site, but after some month i readed a little plugin example made by bloke that let doing that, but too late the job was already done!!

The design is quit minimalistic but i think the usability is quite good

#2 2012-02-06 13:46:35

Destry
Website

Re: A directory website with textpattern

Hi Rabah!

Interesting project you have here.

The design seems very “French” to me, for sure. :)

But I love the concept of the site, and as an A-e right now, I’ll definitely keep an eye on this.

I don’t know who the client is, but I do know there are a lot of native English speaking A-e in France, and it could be an interesting strategy for your client to consider making an English version of the site’s content. Let me know if you/they ever want some French-to-English translation work.

#3 2012-02-06 14:15:16

Dragondz
Website GitHub Twitter

Hi Destry

The site is on lunching and we are on SEO part now, but your idea is good and i will forward it to client if it is interested.

Cheers

#4 2013-03-05 07:03:36

admi
Website

Hi,
I tried to test the site registering as a member.
Could you tell me what dzd_front_image_upload is?

#5 2013-03-05 07:49:04

Dragondz
Website GitHub Twitter

Hi admi

dzd_front_image_upload is a plugin i wrote for the website, it works with mem_simple_form (or mem_form i dont remember) to upload image from de front side and put it as article_image.

Cheers

Board footer