Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#697 2011-06-24 20:05:22

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: smd_slimbox

wordgasm wrote (before post was deleted)

I did try that, with the / and without it, but both won’t work. :c

Hmmm, any other diagnostics or hints then from Firebug? Is it definitely finding all the js and css files? If you View Source you can often click on the links to the js/css files and it should load them. If it drops you to a 404 then that’ll be why and your paths still need fixing. If that’s not it then, without being able to see a URL to your page, I’d be just guessing I’m afraid.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#698 2011-06-24 20:10:19

els

(wordgasm probably clicked ‘Report’ instead of ‘Post reply’ ;) )

#699 2011-06-24 21:51:06

wordgasm
Website

Sorry for all that. I kept reading “report” as “reply”. haha xD so sorry

I used slimbox before I switched to slimbox2, which I didn’t know has a separate file for me to download (jquery.js). I just uploaded the missing file and slimbox2 is working now. Thanks!

I have two other problems though. It’s not the plugin but slimbox2 itself.

1. At this sample page only half of the image appears on popup. Nothing appears if you don’t hover the mouse on either side of the image. I found three issues like this one on google, but none of them were answered.

2. I’ve been editing loop and counterText on the slimbox2.js file (under the SRC folder) but nothing changes. Am I editing the right file?

I know I can get help from the slimbox help site, but they have a weak support group over there. Hope you don’t mind outside issues.

Thank you so much :D

#700 2011-06-24 23:16:12

uli

wordgasm wrote:

At this sample page only half of the image appears on popup. Nothing appears if you don’t hover the mouse on either side of the image.

On line 17 of you default stylesheet you’ve defined the background color for a:link, a:visited, a:active with #FFF. Remove that or make it more specific so it doesn’t affect the lightbox.

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#701 2011-06-24 23:23:17

wordgasm
Website

On line 17 of you default stylesheet you’ve defined the background color for a:link, a:visited, a:active with #FFF. Remove that or make it more specific so it doesn’t affect the lightbox.

Yay. That solved it. Thank you Uli. :3

#702 2011-08-10 12:07:00

ptreble

Hi all. I’m having the same problem as a previous poster. When the image loads it’s only display half of it? I have up to date versions of all browsers and running OS X Lion. Seems that Safari is good, but Chrome and Firefox are playing up.

http://www.thephotounit.co.uk/

Any ideas?

#703 2011-08-10 12:47:51

wordgasm
Website

Hey, just remove the background color of your links. That should do the trick. ;-)

#704 2011-08-10 13:45:23

ptreble

wordgasm wrote:

Hey, just remove the background color of your links. That should do the trick. ;-)

Thanks for the reply. I don’t think I have a background colour on the links?

#705 2011-08-11 05:14:32

ptreble

ptreble wrote:

wordgasm wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I don’t think I have a background colour on the links?

Ahhh I was using Slimbox v1 — have now updated to v2 and it’s fine.

#706 2011-12-22 16:40:03

halftone

Hi,

I’m new to TXP, having just taken over a site. Adding Slimbox2 via smd_slimbox is the first thing I’ve done.
I’ve managed to get Slimbox2 working fine with this in my form:
<txp:smd_slimbox category="xmas_cards" imagecaption="?caption" thumbsize="65,65" />

However I want to make it easy to add further slideshows without having to make a separate form for each new category of images. So I created a custom field in my article template called “slideshow category”. In the Xmas cards article this is filled in as “xmas cards” in the hope I could do this:

<txp:smd_slimbox category="<txp:custom_field name="slideshow category" />" imagecaption="?caption" thumbsize="65,65" />

Doesn’t work, I get every image on the site in the slideshow. Is there an issue here, or do I have some sort of brain error? Is there a better way? We are on a fairly old version of TXP 4.1.something, scared to upgrade.

Incidentally I am using the slidshow version of Slimbox2 (runs through images on a timer) from http://www.wmiles.com/2011/10/slimbox2-slideshow – works wonderfully, though I had to minify it before it worked.

#707 2011-12-22 17:39:24

uli

Tags as tag’s values must be surrounded by single quotes:

<txp:smd_slimbox category='<txp:custom_field name="slideshow category" />' imagecaption="?caption" thumbsize="65,65" />

From there things will, at least, be easier.

Edit: Hasty again! Can’t tell any more if custom fields in category will work, it’s been too long.

Last edited by uli (2011-12-22 17:46:43)

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

#708 2011-12-22 18:25:29

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

Are spaces allowed in custom field names? According to an FAQ

It’s a good idea to use a name that is lowercase and contains no spaces.

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

Board footer