Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#37 2011-08-05 21:03:21

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Re: sed_cleaner

v0.6 is posted.

Changes…

• plugin files now require a .plugin suffix.
  • AddSection to allow scripting of the page, css, rss, frontpage and searchable parameters.

Additions…

• Import of new — or overwrite of existing — pages, styles and forms (of all flavours.) Read the documentation for this as the files must follow a naming convention.
  • Scripted removal of certain text files from the install (HISTORY.txt etc.)

To opening post for links

Steve

#38 2011-08-06 07:41:05

jpdupont

Big thanks for all this works, Steve …

I’ll try this as soon as possible.

#39 2011-08-06 18:39:31

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

All

I’ve been trying this in conjunction with a local copy of Txp 4.4.1 that I’ve setup with the din theme in themes/din and with all my favourite admin plugins + forms, pages, styles and my cleanups.php script in the files/ directory ready for sed_cleaner to load up.

It really simplifies getting things running the way I want — and I hope it will for you too.

I’d appreciate as much feedback as possible before I consider this tested well enough to bump this to v1.0.

Steve

#40 2011-08-07 08:56:53

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

@Steve

What a “killer” plugin! Very usefull. Thanks.

Patrick.

Github | CodePen | Codier | Simplr theme | Wait Me: a maintenance theme | [\a mi.ni.ma]: a “Low Tech” simple Blog theme.

#41 2011-08-07 09:23:08

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Thanks Patrick,

I would be particularly interested in feedback about the plugin-import, presentation-import & scripting capabilities if you’ve tried them.

Regardless, thanks for looking at this!

Steve

#42 2011-08-07 14:39:09

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

Ok Steve.

I’ll trying it tomorrow and send you my feedback.

Patrick.

Github | CodePen | Codier | Simplr theme | Wait Me: a maintenance theme | [\a mi.ni.ma]: a “Low Tech” simple Blog theme.

#43 2011-08-07 22:04:01

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

So just to be clear on this one Steve, as I have just completed a new ProText Theme and would like to get it out there so don’t won’t to waste time right now if I don’t need to, this is still only suitable for “virgin” sites due to all the removals that are carried out or could the removals be optional?

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#44 2011-08-07 22:15:29

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Hi Stuart,

Currently the default removals are non-optional so use of this plugin would not be suitable for installing one of your excellent themes into non-virgin sites as it would terminate existing content.

Just thinking aloud: there’s no reason I couldn’t have the plugin skip the default removals if there were more than one article present in the DB. It could then run in a purely scripted mode. Hmmm, this is beginning to sound like something we talked about briefly some time ago. Alas though, I probably wouldn’t get time to make any changes to this plugin until next weekend.

Steve

#45 2011-08-08 14:47:38

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

No rush Steve. I’ll get this theme out then have a look at your plugin as it is now. I want a peek at the code you are using for Preferences. It’s just finding the time. ;)

Are you still in Blighty?

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#46 2011-08-08 17:43:01

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

thebombsite wrote:

… I’ll get this theme out then have a look at your plugin as it is now …

Looking forward to seeing your new theme, and getting some feedback on sed_cleaner too.

…I want a peek at the code you are using for Preferences. …

Despite what I wrote in my last post, it may be better to strip the preference-setting code out of sed_cleaner and add it to a proper theme installer.

Are you still in Blighty?

Yes indeed. Missed you at the last meet-up. Hope we get to meet eventually.

Steve

#47 2011-08-08 18:28:40

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Wish I had a spare half hour to check this out right now; it looks like a huge time saver when setting up a site. Many thanks for putting it together and incorporating all these great feature ideas. I’ll give it a good spanking when I get home.

P.S. Welcome back to plugin author land. We misssssed you.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#48 2011-08-11 17:22:16

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

New version in testing with Mannequin.

This one adds warnings on install before it pushes the button on your content if it seems to differ from the usual single article default setup. I’ll wait for feedback before pushing it to a wider audience.

Steve

Board footer