Textpattern Forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#21 2011-07-06 00:24:22

renobird
Website

Re: Feedback for the Textpattern 4.4.1 release

Update:

The issue I was having with jmd_img_selector was resolved by completely uninstalling and removing all traces of the plugin.
I reinstalled and the error went away. It happened on 2 different sites, on 2 different servers. Damn Gremlins.

Otherwise, my upgrades have been without incident.

#22 2011-07-11 17:45:33

colak
Admin
Website

I just discovered what seems to be a change of behaviour regarding the related_articles tag.

If the articles are of the same section but there is no category allocated to them, the list is not populated

This is the code I had in the “archives” template which only serves outdated entries and articles from the about section (which they have no categories allocated to them)

<txp:if_article_section name="about">
<txp:related_articles label="You may also want to read" labeltag="h4" limit="10" break="li" wraptag="ul">
<txp:permlink><txp:title /></txp:permlink>
</txp:related_articles>
<txp:else />
<h5 class="current">This entry is outdated.<br />Here are some of our current posts:</h5>
<txp:article_custom limit="10" sort="rand()" wraptag="ul" break="li" section="arts_info,calls" class="non_related_articles">
<txp:permlink><txp:title /></txp:permlink>
</txp:article_custom>
</txp:if_article_section>

The outdated entries pages are just fine but the about pages (individual articles) do not return any related links

from the textbook:

If category 1 of the individual article being displayed is left blank and category 2 is not blank, then all other articles are selected as being related. If both categories are left blank, then no articles are selected.

In previous installs the tag worked with articles not belonging to a category. should we take it as a fixed bug?

Last edited by colak (2011-07-12 09:36:23)

Yiannis
——————————
neme.org | neme-imca.org | hblack.net | LABS

#23 2011-07-13 18:40:12

ploinkr

Updated a site from 4.2 to 4.4.1 and none of my CSS is loading… Any idea? :-/
Was using rvm_css but even without that the site is just plain html.

#24 2011-07-13 18:42:27

colak
Admin
Website

Hi Benoit

Can you post your diagnostics?

Yiannis
——————————
neme.org | neme-imca.org | hblack.net | LABS

#25 2011-07-13 18:46:30

ploinkr

colak, thanks for your reply.
I just found the culprit: for some reason, mediatemple changed my PHP version from 5 to 4!
All is well now :-)
Thanks again,
B.

#26 2011-07-17 11:46:49

Dimitri

Hi All.

I made an interesting find.

The reason why glz_custom_field wasnt working because it failed to write to the database. So I made new table and fields. It works all fine.

Th interesting thing is I found that anything is new written to the database such as plugins, etc. The collation for the table automatically becomes latin1_swedish.ci

I have no knowledge in mySQL, mostly what I did was guesswork.

I am also having that problem with glz and collation in 4.4.0

My version
osx 10.6.8
Mysql 5.5.9
php 5.2.17 (I also have 5.3.5, but i dont use it)
MAMP 1.9.5

Like I said, I have no knowledge in mySQL, I dont know if this is serious issue or not

<txp:way_too_cool />

#27 2011-07-17 12:13:50

Gocom
Developer
Website

Dimitri wrote:

Th interesting thing is I found that anything is new written to the database such as plugins, etc. The collation for the table automatically becomes latin1_swedish.ci

That’s likely because of the default collation for the database is set latin1 with Swedish localization. If the plugin doesn’t define charset for the table created the default (or parent) collation is used. When using Textpattern the default collation for the database should be set as UTF-8.

Not all plugin’s define the default charset when creating tables, as doing so may need some configuration checks if the dev wants to support decade old MySQL versions.

Like I said, I have no knowledge in mySQL, I dont know if this is serious issue or not

Apart from the fact that it can screw sorting and searching, no not that much. You can probably safely alter the existing tables to UTF-8 and then change the database defaults too. If you are using phpMyAdmin (or other MySQL manager script) you should be able to do it with Operations interface (in phpMyadmin open set table, select Operations from the tab menu).

Rah-plugins | What? I’m a little confused… again :-) <txp:is_god />

#28 2011-07-17 12:55:10

Dimitri

Thanx it helped me out.

One more question. Which storage engine should I use? I have a combination of MyISAM and InnoDB.

Which one is preferred?

<txp:way_too_cool />

#29 2011-07-17 13:42:37

ruud
Developer emeritus
Website

^^ If you have to ask that question, use MyISAM ;)

#30 2011-07-19 12:54:14

wornout
Website

red_bot plugins seems not work!
bot_write_tab_customize and bot_admin_tooltips!

Board footer