Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2010-12-09 13:34:43

ibob

Suggestion for TXP5 textareas

Wild suggestion for TXP5:

How about if Pages, Forms and Style <textarea> would be 100% width / height and all the other elements would float and be maybe draggable? Posting could happen with ajax so there were no need to scroll everytime after submit. There could be also additional option to use dark background and white text instead of black on grey.

#2 2010-12-09 15:37:32

hcgtv
Plugin Author
Website

Re: Suggestion for TXP5 textareas

Yes, I agree that the textareas in the Pages, Forms and Style tabs should be larger.

When I was working on my last site, I increased all the textareas and also increased the fonts in them to make it easier to read. I’ll use this modified version of Remora on every subsequent site I plan to develop. I know many web developers prefer to work in their text editors and then copy paste their work into the backend, but I prefer to work in the backend and making it easier to work in should be our goal.

#3 2010-12-09 23:45:08

ibob

Re: Suggestion for TXP5 textareas

Usually I do first everything with textmate but when I start to integrate <txp:tags> it gets quite slow and the main reasons are the scrolling up and down to submit and find the spot I just edited.

There would be 6 perfect things to make this much faster:

1. Tabs to make code easier to read
2. Keybind the Submit button
3. Ajax submit (no need to scroll)
4. Textarea should be about 100% width of browser window, default height same as its content but min 100%-(height of header) = only one scrollbar
5. Colored <txp:tags>
6. Fixed position with submit buttons / other actions and lists

I did some quick(ugly) absolute positioning to Remora to demonstrate what it could be -> screenshot

Last edited by ibob (2010-12-09 23:45:27)

Board footer