Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2010-12-03 18:14:49

rathersplendid
Plugin Author
Website

[request] Really easy write tab textile plugin based off Janko's jQuery demo

I just saw a really cool thing posted over at Janko at Warp Speed’s site (select some text in the textarea). Can it be made into a plugin? If so I think it would be very useful for Txp/textile noob’s

The writup for his demo is here

Let me know what you think

Cheers

Admin Themes Prometheus | Stung | <txp:coder/
My Portfolio | ɹǝpuɐz.com | @MrMartineau
<txp:coder /> – Convert your designs into Textpattern-based websites
jQuery Style | @jquerystyle

#2 2010-12-03 18:43:01

maruchan
Website

Re: [request] Really easy write tab textile plugin based off Janko's jQuery demo

Whoa, that’s really cool! I’d love to see that combined with Textile.

#3 2010-12-04 00:52:31

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

Re: [request] Really easy write tab textile plugin based off Janko's jQuery demo

Hmmmm, interesting. I may have to spend some time playing with this over the weekend. Having recently turned a jQuery plugin into a Textpattern plugin that part should be easy.

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

#4 2010-12-04 09:21:48

rathersplendid
Plugin Author
Website

That’s awesome Matt! Let me know if you need anything or help testing

#5 2010-12-06 03:29:39

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

Which textile functions should be included? bold, italic, and underline don’t sound very textileish.

For now you can try it out by downloading from here

It currently does bold, italics and link.

Last edited by MattD (2010-12-06 04:12:00)

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

#6 2010-12-06 06:25:03

jpdupont

What about a configuration part at the begining of the code to create our textile functions ? Paragraph with some class, … titles, …

#7 2010-12-06 06:28:23

jpdupont

I try the plugin : awesome !
But : When I try bold and italic (last FFox on Win 7) I get 2 “*” or 2”_” before and next the words …

#8 2010-12-06 07:02:24

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

Right, **bold** and __italics__ are the correct format for those tags. I could use *strong* and _emphasis_ instead but I followed the given example for the first shot.

Last edited by MattD (2010-12-06 07:05:39)

My Plugins

#9 2010-12-06 08:43:13

PascalL
Website

Hello !
Thanks for implementing this !
I can’t make it work. I tried on local/non-local txp install, txp 4.2 and 4.3, no success.

on my local install, with php 5.3.2, I get this:

Erreur lors du chargement du plugin msd_minibar -> Notice: Use of undefined constant tag – assumed ‘tag’ on line 24

Erreur lors du chargement du plugin msd_minibar -> Notice: Use of undefined constant start – assumed ‘start’ on line 25

Erreur lors du chargement du plugin msd_minibar -> Notice: Use of undefined constant end – assumed ‘end’ on line 26

Erreur lors du chargement du plugin msd_minibar -> Notice: Use of undefined constant tag – assumed ‘tag’ on line 27

Erreur lors du chargement du plugin msd_minibar -> Notice: Use of undefined constant start – assumed ‘start’ on line 28

Erreur lors du chargement du plugin msd_minibar -> Notice: Use of undefined constant end – assumed ‘end’ on line 29

Erreur lors du chargement du plugin msd_minibar -> Notice: Use of undefined constant tag – assumed ‘tag’ on line 30

Erreur lors du chargement du plugin msd_minibar -> Notice: Use of undefined constant start – assumed ‘start’ on line 31

Erreur lors du chargement du plugin msd_minibar -> Notice: Use of undefined constant end – assumed ‘end’ on line 32

p.

#10 2010-12-06 14:02:40

rathersplendid
Plugin Author
Website

I have the same errors, only in english, as above… TXP 4.3

A problem occured while loading the plugin: msd_minibar -> Notice: Use of undefined constant tag – assumed ‘tag’ on line 24
A problem occured while loading the plugin: msd_minibar -> Notice: Use of undefined constant start – assumed ‘start’ on line 25
A problem occured while loading the plugin: msd_minibar -> Notice: Use of undefined constant end – assumed ‘end’ on line 26
A problem occured while loading the plugin: msd_minibar -> Notice: Use of undefined constant tag – assumed ‘tag’ on line 27
A problem occured while loading the plugin: msd_minibar -> Notice: Use of undefined constant start – assumed ‘start’ on line 28
A problem occured while loading the plugin: msd_minibar -> Notice: Use of undefined constant end – assumed ‘end’ on line 29
A problem occured while loading the plugin: msd_minibar -> Notice: Use of undefined constant tag – assumed ‘tag’ on line 30
A problem occured while loading the plugin: msd_minibar -> Notice: Use of undefined constant start – assumed ‘start’ on line 31
A problem occured while loading the plugin: msd_minibar -> Notice: Use of undefined constant end – assumed ‘end’ on line 32

Any ideas?

#11 2010-12-06 14:42:49

rathersplendid
Plugin Author
Website

While the plugin does not work for me, I do have a suggestion for it. Could you include unordered lists as well, so that when someone has typed in a bunch of text with line breaks, one selects the text & the * is added at the start of each line?

Just a thought..

Also, h1-h3 tags might be useful as well.. :)

Cheers for all the hard work so far Matt

#12 2010-12-06 14:45:56

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

Woops, I’ve fixed it now. I was trying a few things and accidentally modified that one instead of the development version. Sorry.

My Plugins

Board footer