You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

1. Index
  2. » Theme discussion
  3. » Banner

#1 2010-10-27 16:08:25

federico

Banner

Hi, I hope this is the correct section!
I searched the web but I could not answer. How do I place a banner ad? I have the code but I do not know where to put it! Should I make sure that the banner is visible on every page of the site. In which of the pages of code that you see what I put under the administration of the banner? Thanks in advance to all who answer me.
Sorry for my english, answer me with simple english please :).

#2 2010-10-28 09:32:44

helmz

Re: Banner

I think it must be a question of Blocks, take a look at it.

#3 2010-10-28 15:00:48

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

federico wrote:

I have the code but I do not know where to put it! Should I make sure that the banner is visible on every page of the site. In which of the pages of code that you see what I put under the administration of the banner?

I take it that it is javascript. Paste it in your presentation>pages, where you want the banner to appear

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#4 2010-10-28 18:21:19

federico

I have try to paste the code (it’s true, is javascript) after <head>; after <!— head —>. But there arent results, it not appear :(. What I have to do?
Thaks :)

#5 2010-10-28 20:04:41

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

You need to paste it into the <body> where you want it to display. Better still would be to create a new form template, paste the code into the form then call the form where you want the banner to appear using the <txp:output_form form="myNewFormName" /> tag replacing “myNewFormName” with the name of your form.

Last edited by thebombsite (2010-10-28 20:05:19)

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#6 2010-10-30 14:33:59

federico

If I understand correctly the code will be this:
<txp:output_form form="Pubblicità" />; into the body.

But I don’t know the structure of a new form template. I have see some of the existing forms but I haven’t find (understand :)) the structure. I have create a new form, called “pubblicità” and I have try to paste the code of the banner (<script type=“text/javascript” src=“LINK BANNER”></script>) but not works. What is the structure for the new form?
Thank you very much!

Last edited by federico (2010-10-30 14:34:24)

#7 2010-10-30 16:20:02

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

federico wrote:

If I understand correctly the code will be this:
<txp:output_form form="Pubblicità" />; into the body.

But I don’t know the structure of a new form template. I have see some of the existing forms but I haven’t find (understand :)) the structure. I have create a new form, called “pubblicità” and I have try to paste the code of the banner (<script type=“text/javascript” src=“LINK BANNER”></script>) but not works. What is the structure for the new form?
Thank you very much!

<script type="text/javascript" src="LINK BANNER"></script> looks wrong:) If you uploaded the script someplace in your site it should be <script type="text/javascript" src="http://path/to/javascript.js"></script>.

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#8 2010-10-30 17:18:24

federico

I post the full code of my banner, because I look the same code in your post :), I not se the difference. Boh? :)
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://free.netsons.com/free120x600.php?i=339984"></script> So where I have to insert it?
If I insert this code directly without a new form, my site remain the same. If I create a new form…. I do not know how do I write! I copy only the script?

#9 2010-10-30 21:08:55

uli

First of all: everything that colak and thebombsite said is correct. There is no new content in my post, I just combine the facts we now have. And everything we have so far is working, I could see the adds on my local installation :)

Take the yellow code in post #8, paste it into a new form on the forms tab and save that form as “miscellaneous” under the name of “pubblicita” (I don’t recommend characters like à).

Then you rename the form attribute in the yellow code of your post #6 accordingly “pubblicita”, copy it, and paste it anywhere into your page between the opening and closing <body> </body> tag. Don’t forget to save.

If you still don’t see any results, make sure you pasted it into each of your pages and that you visited each of the pages that are created by them. And think of emptying the cache!

In bad weather I never leave home without wet_plugout, smd_where_used and adi_form_links

1. Index
  2. » Theme discussion
  3. » Banner

Board footer