Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#121 2010-10-19 02:38:22

jstubbs
Website

Re: TXP Tweet: arc_twitter and arc_twitter_intents

maniqui wrote:

Re: /textpattern/ vs /admin/, on multi-site installs.
Adding this to your .htaccess:
bc. Redirect 301 /textpattern /admin
Should be enough to fix any plugin/script/stuff, not just arc_twitter, that has /textpattern hardcoded on it. It worked flawlessly for me on a few TXP installs.
(There you have a TXPTip, Jonathan! :) )

Thanks Julián! Perhaps you can write it up and send it in…?

Last edited by jstubbs (2010-10-19 02:38:48)

#122 2010-10-21 03:45:02

JanDW
Plugin Author
Website

Hi Andy, I have two domains pointing to the same install. I’m using smd_short_url, but instead of using the domain the txp install is set to, I’d like to use the other domain for tweeting. Could you give me a pointer to what I need to change in the code?

Also: Fantastic plugin, thanks!

TXPDream – A Textpattern Tag Library for Adobe Dreamweaver. (updated for 4.2.0) | jdw_if_ajax – Only serve certain parts of a page when requested with AJAX

#123 2010-10-21 19:37:43

monkeyninja
Plugin Author
Website

Sorry for being a bit quiet round here recently, I’ve been on a late summer holiday and things at work have been very crazy. Time for arc_twitter has basically been non-existent.

Thanks for your comments/feedback Julián, they will be taken into account for the next release. I appreciate some people are finding the new sign-in process a bit of a pain, but unfortunately there was no other option as this has become a requirement by Twitter for using their API. arc_twitter’s setup screens were put together very quickly to address the authentication changes, but do need revisiting to make sure they are as simple to use as possible.

Using tempdir for the default cache directory is a good idea.

JanDW wrote:

Hi Andy, I have two domains pointing to the same install. I’m using smd_short_url, but instead of using the domain the txp install is set to, I’d like to use the other domain for tweeting. Could you give me a pointer to what I need to change in the code?

Jan, the arc_shorten_url method handles all of the URL shortening done by arc_twitter including the smd_short_url method. You should be able to make relevant tweaks in there, and even add additional methods should you choose to. Hopefully at some point in the future arc_twitter won’t need to shorten URLs as Twitter has begun handle this.

#124 2010-10-22 14:24:49

JanDW
Plugin Author
Website

Cheers, Andy, I’ll look into it over the weekend.

TXPDream – A Textpattern Tag Library for Adobe Dreamweaver. (updated for 4.2.0) | jdw_if_ajax – Only serve certain parts of a page when requested with AJAX

#125 2010-10-29 05:54:43

maniqui
Website

For some reason, the installation of arc_twitter (2.0alpha-1) didn’t create the arc_twitter table on my DB, and thus, I was getting a few Warnings/Errors on the Write tab, when saving an article.
So I opened adminer (a similar database manager, like phpMyAdmin), and run on my TXP database:

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS arc_twitter (arc_twitterid INTEGER AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY, article_id INTEGER(11), tweet_id INTEGER(11),  tweet VARCHAR(140), tinyurl VARCHAR(30));

Warnings & errors are now gone. :)

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#126 2010-11-02 14:43:07

maniqui
Website

Hi Andy.
I think this issue has been already reported for an older version of arc_twitter, but I can’t find it in this thread.
Basically, I’m getting this error:

Tag error: <txp:arc_twitter user='xxxxx' limit="5" dateformat="Posted on %b %e" wraptag="ul" break="li" class="latest_tweets" caching="0" class_posted="posted" /> -> Warning: file_put_contents(./tmp/6acdbc9e81d769347e73100bd22de62d): failed to open stream: No such file or directory on line 938

which, after a pages refresh, disappears.
Then, after a few minutes, and after a new page refresh, it will re-appear. Of course, a page refresh will make it disappear again. :)
Website is in “Testing” mode, so I suppose/expect this message won’t appear when on “Live” mode.

Mmmmm, now that I look again… I’ve found that the error message always display the same number: 6acdbc9e81d769347e73100bd22de62d.
But I can’t find any reference to that number on the DB nor that files exists on Textpattern’s /tmp folder.
Not sure what could be going on.

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#127 2010-11-08 17:45:50

maverick
Website

maniqui wrote:

@Andy, I think arc_twitter should honor, if possible, the tempdir preference (on Admin -> Advanced Preferences), not the usual default (/textpattern/tmp) as arc_twitter currently does, when not specifying a particular caching directory for arc_twitter.

This seems at least tangent to Maniqui’s suggestion:

I have a multi-site install that uses the subdomain (admin.website.com) scheme. If I set the cache preference in arc_twitter to anything other than path/to/website/textpattern/textpattern/tmp I get:

Warning: file_put_contents(/path/to/install/website/textpattern/tmp/a049665430dc4be7583e94e7c1fb0288) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /path/to/textpattern/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(638) : eval()’d code on line 887

Is it going to be a problem that two separate instances of arc_twitter are writing to the same cache?

Thanks

Mike

Last edited by maverick (2010-11-08 17:58:37)

#128 2010-11-08 17:54:22

maverick
Website

maniqui wrote:

Re: /textpattern/ vs /admin/, on multi-site installs.
Adding this to your .htaccess:
Redirect 301 /textpattern /admin
Should be enough to fix any plugin/script/stuff, not just arc_twitter, that has /textpattern hardcoded on it. It worked flawlessly for me on a few TXP installs.
(There you have a TXPTip, Jonathan! :) )

A couple of additions:

Maniqui’s suggestion is for the www.yourwebsite.com/admin scheme. Redirect Textpattern To Admin For Multi-site Installs has a suggestion for the admin.yourwebsite.com setup in the article’s comments.

An alternate workaround for connecting to Twitter

I wasn’t sure I wanted to try the .htaccess option, but was having problems connecting to twitter for the first time. In my case, using a admin.website.com format, I was getting a 404 pg on textpattern. The plugin uses hu.‘textpattern/index.php?event=’.$event.’&amp;step=’.$step;

In order to connect, I changed the site url preference (Admin -> Preferences -> Basic) to admin.mywebsite.com and deleted the hardcoded ‘textpattern’

I was able to connect Txp Tweet (arc_twitter) with Twitter with no problem then.

Afterwards, I changed my site url preference back to www.mydomain.com

Everything seems to be working.

fwiw

Last edited by maverick (2010-11-08 17:58:12)

#129 2010-11-09 17:16:49

jelle

Hi!

This is a great plugin. I’m having a bit of an issue though. Install/setup/connecting all went ok. But publishing an article doens’t twitter immediately. After clicking Publish the Update Twitter swiches from Yes to No. I have to put it on Yes again and update the article to twitter.

I’m using txp4.2, arc_twitter 1.04, smd_short_url 0.21

Any suggestions on a fix?

#130 2011-01-05 05:25:41

TJ
Website

Hi all,

Receiving this error

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class OAuthException in /home/path/public_html/domain.com/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(484) : eval()'d code on line 1027

Love the plugin (I’ve used it since 0.1.2) but this has me stumped. I’ve cleared out all references ( I can find..) using prefalizer.

Didn’t see this issue anywhere else and thought I’d bring it up.

I’ve tried starting with the 1.0.2 beta (upgrade), then tried deleting the old plugin and installing new.

I give up. Anyone have a clue?

Thanks.

Last edited by TJ (2011-01-05 12:54:12)

“…freely ye have received, freely give.” | www.PublishingAWebsite.com

#131 2011-01-05 18:44:24

monkeyninja
Plugin Author
Website

Hi TJ, are you using any other plugins that might be using OAuth to authorise access to another service?

#132 2011-01-05 18:48:27

monkeyninja
Plugin Author
Website

For anyone that is interested the latest development version of arc_twitter can be downloaded from Github (it needs compiling to turn it into a TXP plugin). arc_youtube has also been added to Github for anyone wanting to contribute to either of these two plugins’ development. Issues relating to the development versions of the plugins can be logged on Github.

Last edited by monkeyninja (2011-01-05 18:54:01)

Board footer