Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2010-08-05 12:55:16

jcd

Are these really "Functions Not Used by Textpattern"?

Hi,

I’m in the progress of moving to a new hosting company and in the diagnostic tab of the Textpattern 4.2.0 test installation it says:

The following PHP functions (which may be necessary to run Textpattern) are disabled on your server:
show_source
pcntl_exec
posix_setuid
posix_seteuid
dbmopen
disk_free_space
diskfreespace

The functions which are not mentioned under “Functions Not Used by Textpattern” in the FAQ at http://textpattern.com/faq/ are:
pcntl_exec
posix_setuid
posix_seteuid
dbmopen

Is this anything I need to worry about? The FAQ entry seems to be for the 4.0.x versions, so I thought I’d ask the developers directly.
Sadly rss_admin_db_manager doesn’t work anymore, according to the error message when trying to backup it needs popen() which strangely is listed unter “Functions Not Used by Textpattern”. Does anybody have a solution for that? :(

Warning: popen() has been disabled for security reasons in /…/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()’d code on line 90
Warning: pclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /…/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()’d code on line 91

Thanks a lot! jcd

#2 2010-08-05 16:39:18

ruud
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: Are these really "Functions Not Used by Textpattern"?

TXP doesn’t use those functions, but plugins still can. That’s why you’re getting the error message. Line 594 is where the plugin code is loaded.

#3 2010-08-05 22:51:53

jcd

Thanks a lot ruud, I think I’ll have to resort to using phpMyAdmin or a cronjob backing up the databases. It would be lovely though if Textpattern itself offered a way to back up its database :)

#4 2010-08-06 15:46:45

JanDW
Plugin Author
Website

There is the rss_admin_db_manager plugin…

TXPDream – A Textpattern Tag Library for Adobe Dreamweaver. (updated for 4.2.0) | jdw_if_ajax – Only serve certain parts of a page when requested with AJAX

#5 2010-08-06 15:59:47

jcd

Thanks JanDW, but the problem is about rss_admin_db_manager…

Board footer