Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2010-07-13 08:21:39

jstubbs
Website

Re: [contrib] TXP Plugin&mods site(magazine)

Its better in my opinion to build up the existing sites rather than fragment them further. To develop TXP it helps to have people like you Ziya. I would suggest either contacting TXPMag or TXPQ if you really want to do something yourself, but as someone indicated earlier, keeping it going in the long term is very difficult.

I would be happy to explore a new section for plugin reviews on TXP Tips – in fact its a very good idea, especially considering that comments on textpattern.org will be removed.

#14 2010-08-04 15:07:29

Katalonian
Website

Finally I was free from my work!
I sent a message to Peter and Alexandra!
Waiting for response!)

<txp:txp_me />

#15 2010-08-04 15:20:36

alexandra

Hi all, hi Katalonia,

i just got your email, Katalonia, thank you :)!
I agree with the_ghost, Gocom etc.. TXP user base is small and keeping up a website is much more work than creating one. Constantly writing articles in a language which is not your native one is pretty hard on the long run, i can tell you…

Who ever likes to take over txpmag.com to keep it up as a TXP Magazine is wellcome. Perhaps it is even a good idea to throw some txp related sites together into one … ??

#16 2010-08-04 15:35:46

Katalonian
Website

Thanks for response!)
It’s surely hard to write articles which is not native, because of it we need a team to help each other with writing articles, ideas and more.
Who wants?! )

#17 2010-08-04 16:57:28

zero
Website

Hi Katalonian, thanks for email.

Katalonian wrote:

Thanks for response!)
It’s surely hard to write articles which is not native, because of it we need a team to help each other with writing articles, ideas and more.
Who wants?! )

Alexandra and I have both made very similar appeals in the past but with very limited success. It’s true what everyone is saying above. For me, I don’t think I have the right personality to lead a community project so that’s why I could not keep it alive.

Are you different? Have you the right character traits etc? Can you motivate people and build up a team? Have you done it before? If you can confidently say yes, then there is a chance you can make a TXP Mag grow and survive. There are some incentives for people to join a team or to make individual contributions to a magazine. From my TXPQ point of view:

• Page rank is good so it can help writers/designers’ sites’ SEO
  • Interviewing people is very enjoyable
  • There are many kinds of interviews / questions to ask, so even having just two interviewers could mean two popular sections of the mag
  • IF you can make it popular, achieve enough momentum, more contributors will appear
  • It might be a good practice ground for budding writers, reporters etc

So a few points to think about… Alex may want to add more… It won’t be easy but I wish you every success if you go ahead.

Also, looking back, I should probably have enabled the community to log themselves in instead of emailing me so I could give them permissions.

BB6 Band My band
Gud One My blog

#18 2010-08-04 17:43:22

Katalonian
Website

Sure i’m worked on non-profit projects and still working, also with startups. I’m a self-motivated guy) and i hope, i can find people, who are interested as much as me. I really love txp and think, we can build some nice magazine about txp which will be very helpfull fot those, who are choose on which cms to work, for txp beginners and surely be interesting for txp profs.

I think i can make popular this site. Im just need team… Writers, coders. everyone can try itself, above all have the desire and knowledge in txp.

Last edited by Katalonian (2010-08-04 19:33:24)

#19 2010-08-05 18:29:24

Katalonian
Website

And what?)
Some advices? I’m ready to start , can write a brief, after start to design. but i can’t start alone :(

Board footer