Re: jmd_rate: A CSS star rater

I am using clean urls.
But I try in both modes…

#74 2010-04-12 02:06:51

surfwax95
Website

I’m getting this error:

Tag error: <txp:if_jmd_rate_votes> -> Textpattern Warning: tag does not exist on line 1120

and the plugin doesn’t appear to be working at all. I’ve checked everything I know to check, but I’m still coming up short.

Caps lock is cruise control for cool. —Unknown

#75 2010-04-12 09:29:15

the_ghost
Plugin Author
Website

surfwax95 wrote:

I’m getting this error: Tag error: <txp:if_jmd_rate_votes> -> Textpattern Warning: tag does not exist on line 1120

Mostly this happens when plugin isn’t installed or is not enabled at plugins tab

Providing help in hacking ATM! Come to courses and don’t forget to bring us notebook and hammer! What for notebook? What a kind of hacker you are without notebok?

#76 2010-04-12 16:06:59

surfwax95
Website

The plugin is properly installed in the Plugins tab and in the Extensions tab.

Any help or alternatives to this plugin?

Caps lock is cruise control for cool. —Unknown

#77 2010-04-16 20:16:42

NicolasGraph
Plugin Author
Website

wornout a écrit:

I’ve got some problems using plug-in.
I see the list of votes but after selecting one of these the pages reload the same and no record is insert in DB.
I don’t know where is the problem!!!
I use Txp 4.2.0

Is there a known solution to this problem?
I’ve got the same.

Thanks for your answers.

Nicolas

Nicolas
Follow me on Twitter and GitHub!
Multiple edits are usually to correct my frenglish…

#78 2010-05-23 19:11:02

aswihart
Website

wornout a écrit:

I’ve got some problems using plug-in.
I see the list of votes but after selecting one of these the pages reload the same and no record is insert in DB.
I don’t know where is the problem!!!
I use Txp 4.2.0

NicolasGraph wrote:

Is there a known solution to this problem?
I’ve got the same.

I may or may not have had the same issue you are describing. When you say “the list of votes” I assume you mean the rating entry links that <txp:jmd_rate_display/> generates. For me, these were completely non-functional:

It seemed that since I was using gbp_permanent_links to make clean urls for my individual articles (because I don’t want the article title anywhere in my url, as in all of Textpattern’s clean url options), <txp:jmd_rate_display/> was not able to produce functional rating entry links: every link was just a plain link to the current article. I tried manually adding ?rating=3 to the end of a clean url, but this didn’t result in a rating getting logged in the database.

Later, I realized that manually entering dirty rating entry links, as in

<a href='http://yoursite.com/index.php?id=<txp:article_id/>&rating=3'>3</a>

…worked perfectly. This may be due to the fact that with gbp_permanent_links, you are supposed to leave the Admin Preferences setting on ?=messy. Maybe there is even a way to get gbp_permanent_links and the <txp:jmd_rate_display/> tag to play nice together, but I haven’t figured it out if so.

So for now, I just need to hand code the rating entry links instead of using <txp:jmd_rate_display/>. Of course, this is not good because you lose all the functionality of that tag, and I have yet to actually devise a hand-made solution that completely duplicates it, but it’s on my list of to-do’s.

Maybe you are not in the exact same situation, but have you tried manually entering a dirty rating entry url like that with any success?

Last edited by aswihart (2010-05-23 19:44:39)

#79 2010-05-23 19:12:08

aswihart
Website

just a (small?) feature request: add attribute offset for jmd_rate_article like in article_custom. Trying to get a hand-made pagination system that I made for article_custom lists working with article lists sorted by rating, and this is all I need.

#80 2010-05-24 03:38:47

jm
Plugin Author
Website

aswihart, if you add the offset to these places, it’ll probably work:

function jmd_rate_article($atts)
{
    extract(lAtts(array(
        'offset'     => '', // <--
        'author'     => '',
    // ...
        $out .= article_custom(array(
            'offset'    => $offset, // <--
            'author'    => $author,
            'category'  => $category,

Sorry for the lack of support and buggy mess. I haven’t made time for plugins since I moved last year, but I’m hoping to complete some much needed updates to the various *jmd_** spawn this summer.

Last edited by jm (2010-05-24 03:39:07)

#81 2010-05-26 13:48:00

aswihart
Website

Hey JM, thanks for the tips. Coincidentally, I actually I tried putting those two lines in, and I just tried again to reconfirm, unfortunately, it doesn’t work for me. If I include the offset attribute in the jmd_rate_article tag and set to anything but “0” , it returns nothing. What about for you?

#82 2010-07-02 15:54:24

jm
Plugin Author
Website

Hi all,

I’m working on jmd_rate again — I checked the crappy 0.4 version into a repository. I tested on TXP 4.2-SVN (Apache 2 + PHP 5.3.2 and Lighttpd + PHP 5.3.2 servers), and it works fine. If you have any issues, please post them to the tracker. Sorry about the hassle, but it makes it easier for me to find out what’s wrong with the plugin.

Thanks,
JM

#83 2010-07-04 11:46:12

aswihart
Website

Great to hear you are back jm, your plugin continues to work very well for me, and I’m looking forward to the improvements you may have coming for us.

The IP logging feature is great, and to add even more robustness in the area of preventing rating spam, I would like to submit a feature request if I may: to only allow one vote per user. I’m already using rvm_privileged to hide the rating links from anyone who isn’t logged in, so this feature would just make a lot of sense.

Last edited by aswihart (2010-07-05 22:55:29)

#84 2010-07-06 19:23:08

Katalonian
Website

can i use this plugin as a standart poll pluin without stars?

<txp:txp_me />

Board footer