Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#61 2009-10-06 11:31:03

elliot100

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] cnk_versioning

Hi – just wanted to say thanks for this plugin!

Just wondered if the plugin has been tested with TXP 4.2.0 yet? Having issues – posted in http://forum.textpattern.com/viewtopic.php?id=31761&p=1, but this is the gist:

Am trying to move to 4.2.0 on my local dev server (Uniform Server WAMP). Hit some issues, got a bit confused and decided to start from a clean 4.2.0 file install, while keeping my existing DB and config.php.

Not sure if that in itself is OK or likely to cause issues?

My homepage now gives “Unknown section” – page otherwise blank.
/textpattern/setup/index.php prompts for language then gives “Looks like Textpattern is already installed.”
/textpattern/ gives:

Warning: Unknown column ‘user_name’ in ‘where clause’ select name, val from txp_txp_prefs as txp_prefs where prefs_id=1 AND user_name=’‘ in Z:\elliot\httpdocs\textpattern\lib\txplib_db.php on line 85
Notice: Undefined variable: language in Z:\elliot\httpdocs\textpattern\index.php on line 70
Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at Z:\elliot\httpdocs\textpattern\lib\txplib_db.php:85) in Z:\elliot\httpdocs\textpattern\include\txp_auth.php on line 169
Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at Z:\elliot\httpdocs\textpattern\lib\txplib_db.php:85) in Z:\elliot\httpdocs\textpattern\include\txp_auth.php on line 170

Then “Your login session has expired. Please login again”, and login fields. Attempting to login just refreshes the page, so I can’t login.

cnk_versioning is the only plugin I’m using, but hadn’t been able to reinstall without logging in.

Then rolled back to previous install and then did an upgrade intead, and although the site works (with some items missing, such as site name and headings; post content OK), I get the same result from /textpattern/.

Many thanks.

Last edited by elliot100 (2009-10-06 11:33:01)

#62 2009-10-06 12:35:09

johnstephens
Plugin Author
Website

I’ve seen most of these issues before, and they’re not all related to cnk_versioning. For the record, I use cnk_versioning on dozens of sites with no problems upgrading to 4.2.0.

1. “Looks like Textpattern is already installed.”

This means that the installer found a config.php file in the /textpattern directory. Just remove that file, and start again if you want a clean install, creating a fresh database for Textpattern.

2. “I decided to start from a clean 4.2.0 file install, while keeping my existing DB and config.php.”

It isn’t possible to keep your config file and DB for a clean install from the /setup directory. It sounds like upgrading is the way to go.

3. “Unknown section”

I’ve seen this error when cnk_versioning loses the template files due to improper installation. The way to resolve this is to check cnk_versioning to make sure that it is configured to read and write to the correct directory, and make sure that directory is PHP-writable.

Then de-install and re-install the cnk_versioning script using the Versioning tab under Presentation.

If your templates have been lost, don’t bother writing out the files— you want to import files first. Do this by putting your template files back in the versioning directory, and reloading any page on the site with the site’s production status set to “Debugging” or “Testing”.

That should work to get you back up and running whenever you see the “Unknown section” warning. But it sounds like you’ve resolved that already.

4. “the site works (with some items missing…)”

Have you looked at the template files to see if they are set to display this information? I can’t think what might be causing this.

Last edited by johnstephens (2009-10-06 12:35:24)

#63 2009-10-06 19:35:05

elliot100

Many thanks indeed for advice — I won’t be able to look at this again for a bit, but you’ve clarified a couple of key points, I will work through when I can.

#64 2009-10-31 07:16:22

nzaccardi

Can a file be saved as a html or php file and be converted to .txp file successful? The reason I ask is that I want to use my editors highlighting and such but it requires a certain extension.

#65 2009-10-31 08:35:07

the_ghost
Plugin Author
Website

nzaccardi wrote:

Can a file be saved as a html or php file and be converted to .txp file successful? The reason I ask is that I want to use my editors highlighting and such but it requires a certain extension.

Edit plugin code – press “edit” next to the plugin name in Plugins tab in admin side. In the beginning of code there is variable which sets the extension of files. But i prefere to ask my editor to use highlighting everytime. Without looking file’s extension.

Providing help in hacking ATM! Come to courses and don’t forget to bring us notebook and hammer! What for notebook? What a kind of hacker you are without notebok?

#66 2010-02-20 06:38:45

JanDW
Plugin Author
Website

Hmm been having major problems with cnk_versioning. When I enable it on a working site (that doesn’t get any errors and is working fine), I get the following error, but the page still renders normally:

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in C:\xampp\htdocs\tiatxp.dev\textpattern\lib\txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()'d code on line 116

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in C:\xampp\htdocs\tiatxp.dev\textpattern\lib\txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()'d code on line 116

When I refresh the page I get the following error:

Warning: Duplicate entry 'head_form' for key 1 insert into txp_form set name = 'head_form', type = '', form = '\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n

The head_form doesn’t get inserted in the page.

Now whenever I refresh I alternate between these two scenarios. So I checked what happens in the database and the form rows disappear/appear in the txp_form table. So I guess it reads the form files in again, but then deletes it from the DB again…

I can’t find a way to circumvent this. Anybody any ideas? A bug perhaps?

I’ve tried disabling all other plugins. Uninstalling/reinstalling cnk_versioning, writing the pages/css/forms again (which seems problematic too), crying, weeping, smooth talking…

This is the tagtrace from when the form doesn’t get inserted on the page, It can’t find the form obviously, but that’s about all I can see:

Edit: deleted tag trace

Last edited by JanDW (2010-02-20 17:16:07)

TXPDream – A Textpattern Tag Library for Adobe Dreamweaver. (updated for 4.2.0) | jdw_if_ajax – Only serve certain parts of a page when requested with AJAX

#67 2010-02-20 07:02:28

JanDW
Plugin Author
Website

PS If I can’t get cnk_versioning to help me out, can I use hcg_templates for a similar setup?

TXPDream – A Textpattern Tag Library for Adobe Dreamweaver. (updated for 4.2.0) | jdw_if_ajax – Only serve certain parts of a page when requested with AJAX

#68 2010-02-20 11:26:22

johnstephens
Plugin Author
Website

I’ve gotten a similar error before, under very specific circumstances: it happens when I forget to follow the cnk_versioning naming convention for a file, exactly. Like if I name a file example.txp instead of example.misc.txp. If that’s not the issue for you, I’m not sure what’s going on here.

#69 2010-02-20 16:18:50

JanDW
Plugin Author
Website

John, thanks, that’s it ! I’ve been overlooking that.

Last edited by JanDW (2010-02-20 16:19:50)

#70 2010-06-15 19:18:51

renobird
Website

Seriously late to the party…

Textmate + Textpattern Bundle + cnk_versioning = oneBadAssCombination

Tom

#71 2010-06-15 20:13:59

johnstephens
Plugin Author
Website

renobird wrote:

Exactly!

#72 2010-06-18 13:08:18

sacripant
Plugin Author
Website

Simple question.
is there a newer version of the bundle (0.9 01/2007) ?

Board footer