Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1441 2009-10-30 21:42:05

aeonflux
Plugin Author
Website

Re: MLP - The Multi-Lingual Publishing Pack

I came across this Tag nesting problem when using MLP mlp-0.9.13-gp.zip in combination with txp 4.08

When I put this in a form or page on a site that uses MLP

<txp:if_section name="article">
   My Articles
<txp:else />
   <txp:if_section name="about">
      About this website
   <txp:else />
      Umm, something else.
   </txp:if_section>
</txp:if_section>

When you visit the site at the section named “article” it renders out “My Articles” what is correct, but all other sections stay blank.
Am I something missing here?

Cheers!

#1442 2009-10-30 22:09:18

els

aeonflux wrote:

using MLP mlp-0.9.13-gp.zip in combination with txp 4.08

That could be your problem. Try either upgrading Txp or downgrading MLP:

Txp MLP
4.0.8 0.9.11-gp-1138
4.2.0 0.9.13-gp

#1443 2009-11-12 12:10:14

datorhaexa
Website

I don’t know if this is an MLP-related issue but it might be. I am using Textpattern 4.0.8 with MLP 0.9.11-gp-1138.
Now a customer deleted a rendition of an article but it still shows in the frontend. I looked in the database and the article is gone from the txp2l10n_articles table, but is still there in the language rendition table (txp2l10n_txp_de_de in this case).

What could be going wrong?

#1444 2009-11-13 10:28:44

ultramega

datorhaexa, I have been there too. Renditions must be deleted from the MLP-tab, not from the original articles/renditions tab. Backup your db-tables, and then make some deleting straight in the tables. These posts may help you also:

http://forum.textpattern.com/viewtopic.php?pid=144359#p144359

http://forum.textpattern.com/viewtopic.php?pid=174272#p174272

#1445 2009-11-13 10:37:33

datorhaexa
Website

Thanks a lot for the reply, ultramega!

I have the same configuration on a different server and here locally, and it is the first time I have a problem deleting articles.
I am also left dry by a customer who would not give me access to their phpMyAdmin (don’t ask) but used rss_admin_db_manager to delete the rows. Also, fiddled some and found out just what you have pointed out to – in the MLP table one can delete the full article record.

Problem is, I have to make the customer aware of this problem and they may still delete from the Edit page (because this is what customers do). I also find it strange that this happens only in some cases and also, that one can delete from the MLP articles table. I thought it might be a rights issue, but how come delte works one way and not the other?

#1446 2009-11-16 17:00:01

lreynolds
Website

I recently implemented MLP on a site that was already running. I did a duplicate of the site on a sub-domain of my site, then moved it live. Everything is working great, but now the SEO guy who I’m working with on this project wants the english site to stay at almex.com, instead of almex.com/en. Is there any way to do this? Have the default language without the language code in the URL? I realize that the old url’s still work, but I guess having both is a problem as well.

#1447 2009-11-17 17:09:20

datorhaexa
Website

I think I found what causes the problem with deleting full renditions from the Renditions page. At least, I managed to recreate the problem and fix it twice on my test server after importing the problematic database. It seems like if one has put a prefix on tables in the DB, this causes some renditions to stay un-deleted from their respective language table. I removed the prefix from all tables and it worked.

#1448 2009-11-17 17:19:21

graeme
Plugin Author
Website

datorhaexa wrote:

I think I found what causes the problem with deleting full renditions from the Renditions page. At least, I managed to recreate the problem and fix it twice on my test server after importing the problematic database. It seems like if one has put a prefix on tables in the DB, this causes some renditions to stay un-deleted from their respective language table. I removed the prefix from all tables and it worked.

Please file a bug and I’ll fix this when I get a chance. Thanks.

#1449 2009-11-19 04:53:40

ultramega

datorhaexa wrote:

It seems like if one has put a prefix on tables in the DB, this causes some renditions to stay un-deleted from their respective language table. I removed the prefix from all tables and it worked.

Heya! I have used prefixes also :)

#1450 2009-11-23 16:45:46

azw

I use wan_error_email on my sites to send myself an email any time visitors receive an error message. I’ve modified the script to tell me which language the visitor was using. I had this working earlier, but the change to the latest version of TXP and MLP now throw an error.

What is the syntax for using the l10n_get_lang() function?

This line is now throwing an error:

$mailtext .= "\nhu.l10n_get_lang: " . hu.l10n_get_lang("short");

The error goes away if I comment that line out.

The error report at the top of the page is:

<pre>Tag error: <b>&lt;txp:wan_error_email /&gt;</b> -> <b> Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()  on line 691</b></pre>
<pre style="padding-left: 2em;" class="backtrace"><code>textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()'d code:1126 lAtts()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()'d code:19 l10n_get_lang()
textpattern/publish.php:1106 wan_error_email()
textpattern/publish.php:1028 processTags()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php:1896 parse()
textpattern/publish.php:491 txp_die()
index.php:45 textpattern()</code></pre>

If I use this:

$mailtext .= "\nhu.l10n_get_lang: " . hu.l10n_get_lang();

I get this error:

<pre>Tag error: <b>&lt;txp:wan_error_email /&gt;</b> -> <b> Warning: Missing argument 1 for l10n_get_lang(), called in /home/gaitaast/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()'d code on line 19 and defined  on line 1117</b></pre>
<pre style="padding-left: 2em;" class="backtrace"><code>textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()'d code:19 l10n_get_lang()

<pre>Tag error: <b>&lt;txp:wan_error_email /&gt;</b> -> <b> Notice: Undefined variable: atts  on line 1126</b></pre>
<pre style="padding-left: 2em;" class="backtrace"><code>textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()'d code:19 l10n_get_lang()
index.php:45 textpattern()</code></pre><pre>Tag error: <b>&lt;txp:wan_error_email /&gt;</b> -> <b> Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()  on line 691</b></pre>

<pre style="padding-left: 2em;" class="backtrace"><code>textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()'d code:1126 lAtts()
textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(594) : eval()'d code:19 l10n_get_lang()

What am I doing wrong?

I can provide more code from wan_error_email if necessary.

#1451 2009-11-24 05:46:01

azw

In earlier versions of TXP and MLP I placed the favicon in the root and used this in my header:

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico" />

That worked.

With the upgrade to TXP 4.2 and MLP 0.9.13-gp, I have had to change the code to:

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="<txp:site_url />favicon.ico" />

What I don’t understand is how the browser finds the favicon even though the MLP adds a folder to the code when it created the HTML. The code becomes something like:

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="http://www.MyUrl.com/en/favicon.ico" />

How does that work when the favicon is actually in root (http://www.MyUrl.com/favicon.ico)?

#1452 2009-12-04 17:02:55

Exiladler
Website

Hi,

I have the following issue, depending on the language used, I’d like to display a Paypal Buy now button on the website. To look really clever, I have created differnt buttons for each language but I domehow fail to grasp how I can display the button depending on the selected language.

Ideally I’d like to embed the button code either in the article or in an article custom field but the html code seems to be too long, any bright ideas?

Board footer