Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#37 2009-11-10 23:20:14

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Re: Textgarden V2 Goes Live

No problem John. As far as I am aware we have one problem to sort out which is the “sponsored link” that you can see in the right sidebar of the current textpattern.com, like where the hell do we put it! Then as far as I am aware the transition should start. How long that takes I don’t know. It’s pretty much down to Robert (wet). I’m quite happy to help him with that though he hasn’t mentioned wanting help yet. ;)

MattD – does that fix the comment image problem for you?

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#38 2009-11-10 23:25:23

Neko

thebombsite wrote:

Yes I took the yellow bar out. Doesn’t fit in my opinion. Wrong colour and it adds “weight”.

I thought it was cool. :(

I can assure you that there will be no yellow bar or brown in textpattern.com so that would mean a “no” for Textgarden as well at the moment.

I don’t understand. There won’t be a yellow bar or won’t be yellow at all?

Thanks.

#39 2009-11-10 23:26:31

johnstephens
Plugin Author
Website

Having no inside knowledge of the TXP redesign process, I can only guess at the priority of various communication goals and their weight on salient decisions— and I trust you guys are thinking things through.

But I would say that the yellow stripe is much more suggestive of the Textpattern identity than the carver or other discarded elements. This line from an old design critique put it well, in my opinion: “From Textpattern: Too much information can overload the reader, and a brand can be created using a single line of colour.”

On the other hand, I think the redesign is in capable hands, and I can’t wait to see it unfold.

#40 2009-11-10 23:31:46

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Stef – You’ll have to argue that point when the other site goes live. For my own part, particularly as we now have user-chosen admin themes available I’m not sure that the link between “classic” and the overall Textpattern branding truly exists any more, especially if we ever get around to picking another admin theme to become a third default. I doubt there will be any yellow in it. As far as my own sites are concerned I have one of each of my “A Bit..” series themes running so I only see yellow on one site. Another is blue and another is black. If you check out the top 10 admin themes over at Textgarden you will see that only 2 of them have yellow in them. This fixation on yellow is what I would expect from pensioners wanting things the way they remember them. Whilst I haven’t quite reached that stage I am probably one of the “elder statesmen” around here and I’m seeing the youngsters emulating pensioners. Strange times we live in.

Last edited by thebombsite (2009-11-10 23:33:30)

Stuart

#41 2009-11-10 23:38:18

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Neko – no yellow bar, and I could still do with that screenshot if you can grab me one so I can see this background colour problem please.

Stuart

#42 2009-11-10 23:38:25

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

thebombsite wrote:

MattD – does that fix the comment image problem for you?

Yes, those stray images are gone now.

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

#43 2009-11-10 23:41:55

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Well they aren’t gone, or they shouldn’t be, they should be pointing at the comment names.

Stuart

#44 2009-11-10 23:45:04

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

Ah, I see them now. They previously were way off to the left so I looked in the wrong spot. Now I see they are lined up with the right column of the comment pointing to the commentors name.

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

#45 2009-11-10 23:54:05

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Cool.

Stuart

#46 2009-11-10 23:54:53

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

thebombsite wrote:

I’m seeing the youngsters emulating pensioners

Hehehe, I’ll get my coat and zimmer frame. After all, I’m twice Gocom’s age and haven’t licked a monitor in yonks :-p

Actually I don’t really care if it’s yellow or sky-blue pink; I’m just an old skool stickler for consistency and identity. However, I realise that the advent of admin themes really does make a brand colour a moot point because TXP’s admin side now has chameleonic properties. My OCD will get over it. Someone tell Sam that the mouseover hover will need changing soon!

Last edited by Bloke (2009-11-10 23:55:35)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#47 2009-11-10 23:58:13

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Poor Sam. :)
Let’s tell him when the other site goes live.

Stuart

#48 2009-11-11 00:03:21

Neko

thebombsite wrote:

Neko – no yellow bar, and I could still do with that screenshot if you can grab me one so I can see this background colour problem please.

You fixed it. The body was missing its #fff, that’s all.

So, there will be some yellow, right?

While I can only be grateful to you and all the people involved in the re-design of the main site, at the same time I think this whole “let’s keep it super duper secret-thing” has gone far beyond the point for which is acceptable (read: KGB-level).

It’s a community site, please share the goods already, JFC. :)

Board footer