Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2009-11-10 14:17:57

redbot
Plugin Author

Re: Textgarden V2 Goes Live

Peter,
I’m sorry but I agree with Jukka. By the way, there was already a discussion here regarding this topic

edit: Stuart was faster

Last edited by redbot (2009-11-10 15:05:25)

#26 2009-11-10 14:40:37

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

thebombsite wrote:

Right now… we get ALL of the theme download files onto Textgarden and that ALL download links, from whatever site, point to the files on Textgarden.

OT: project is underway. I received an export of some parts of the database from textpattern.org (courtesy of Alicson) and I’m now trawling through it. When I’ve sifted it and packaged up the templates I find there into a usable format, I’ll work with you to import them to Textgarden. I have to grab the associated images and comments yet and make a database import file and supporting PHP script such that we can inject any themes that are not yet at Textgarden safely without corrupting any of the existing themes and losing any of the comments/counters/images. Gonna take some meddling, methinx.

After that it’s the turn of the Tips/Mods and then Tutorials to relocate them to their new homes. Fun fun fun…

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#27 2009-11-10 14:44:14

johnstephens
Plugin Author
Website

Bravo! I too found it via twitter first

…the site design should not be so bold as to detract from it’s purpose…

Pretty good design wisdom in general.

As for the logo it was discussed and dealt with here some 6 months ago. If you don’t like it then that is your right and I don’t begrudge you that right but maybe you should have said something back then. It’s far too late now to start back-tracking but the general consensus of that thread was a thumbs-up for this logo. I’m afraid we can’t please everybody all of the time.

Well-put.

#28 2009-11-10 19:19:46

mwr
Website

I know it’s still early days, but I hope the blog will be updated more often. Once a year makes the place seem neglected . . .

Mark

#29 2009-11-10 19:28:31

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

Are the front end templates formated for import using a plugin? There didn’t seem to be any information on the site about this.

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

#30 2009-11-10 19:34:21

masa

thebombsite wrote:

There’s a bit of yellow for you. I shall run with it for a week or so, see what gets said here and then keep it or remove it.

I would suggest changing the shades of blue to shades of yellow and perhaps a brown. That would bring it in line with the default admin theme.
At the moment it looks like Textpattern has an identity problem, aspiring to be a little more like Wordpress.

On the other hand there will be consistency between the different sites, Textpattern, Textgarden, Textbook and what is currently known as Textpattern Resources.

That is a much welcome change. Thanks everyone, for your hard work to make this finally happen!

#31 2009-11-10 19:35:16

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

I just noticed that the “comment pointer image” often appears inside the left column if the content of the article isn’t very long. (At least in IE7)

Last edited by MattD (2009-11-10 19:35:41)

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

#32 2009-11-10 21:43:38

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Actually Matt, I didn’t think it was showing at all in IE6 or IE7 which is why I mentioned that it should work fine but there might be little details missing, like you have no search button. I’ll look at it again. Also check out the “What is this all about” section for more information about the site and themes. This will no doubt get added to over time. Thanks.

As for more blogs, yes I know, I thought exactly the same thing myself. Of course if others want to get their pens out I will quite happily add their articles if appropriate. It is a “community” site you know. I’m only the manager. I shall naturally be very strict of course. ;)

Last edited by thebombsite (2009-11-10 21:49:00)

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#33 2009-11-10 22:37:45

johnstephens
Plugin Author
Website

I like the light blue links. I notice you took down the yellow stripe— how would you feel about using Textpattern’s yellow as a background color of the #topbar element, using a brown for the contained text? I checked this in Firebug, and it looked like a line of experimentation worth trying, even if it doesn’t lead to anything you want to publish.

#34 2009-11-10 22:47:13

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Yes I took the yellow bar out. Doesn’t fit in my opinion. Wrong colour and it adds “weight”. At the moment there are still minor changes going on with textpattern.com V2 which I have just reflected in Textgarden. The font sizes in the top_nav have been reduced plus we have swapped images in the sidebar links. Anyway I’m just trying to keep things tied together. As I mentioned earlier there will be parity in design between all the sites and I can assure you that there will be no yellow bar or brown in textpattern.com so that would mean a “no” for Textgarden as well at the moment. But I shall have a look at your suggestions in my XAMPP version.

But we shall soon see.

Last edited by thebombsite (2009-11-10 22:48:41)

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#35 2009-11-10 23:03:57

johnstephens
Plugin Author
Website

Cool! Obviously, I haven’t seen Matthew’s designs for Textpattern.com— and I’m pretty excited to see this coming along.

I agree about the “weight” issue. The yellow strip yesterday seemed arbitrary, rather than integral to the design.

#36 2009-11-10 23:16:22

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

thebombsite wrote:

I can assure you that there will be no yellow bar or brown in textpattern.com

Sorry for the mild OT but do you think this means the admin interface is also going to lose its yellow tint to fit in with the new branding? Would seem a little odd to have blue everywhere as the ‘corporate’ theme and then a predominantly yellow product with no blue in sight.

If not, I would argue some splashes of yellow besides the buttons would help maintain some consistency between the CMS and our outward-facing brand identity (I realise admin themes blur the line significantly here).

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

Board footer