Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2009-09-02 15:27:40

redbot
Plugin Author

Re: bot_privs: edit user level privileges

Gerich wrote:

Why do you did that? That was important setting in my situation.

Gerish, That “feature” was wrongly designed because it didn’t take into account pagination.
Let’s make an example.
1) set the “View [XX] per page” dropdown to, say, 100
2) suppose the total number of articles is 150
2) suppose you wrote 50 articles.

In this situation you’ll see a different number of articles depending in the sort criteria used in that page.
So, for example, if articles are ordered cronologically, you could see only 30 articles in the first page and 20 on the second page but if they are ordered alphabetically you could then see 5 articles in the first page and 45 on the second page… The plugin works ok only if total articles are less than 100.

I hope this was clear enough.

It seems you managed to make asv_auth_articles work. I reccommend you use it, but if you really, really need my old feature I can post here a modified (and terribly awful) version of my plugin which adds new 4.2.0 previleges still mantaining the old code.

Last edited by redbot (2009-09-02 15:28:43)

#26 2009-09-04 14:55:51

dl33
Website

Is it possible to include an option to hide the individual bot_privs tab from some users? At the moment you can hide the entire extensions tab, but sometimes this is a bit too drastic.
I edited the add privs line in the plugin (add_privs('bot_privs_tab', '1');), but it would be nice if the plugin did this through the interface.

Also: A feature request: Can one change/rename/add/delete user groups through the plugin?

#27 2009-09-04 18:20:43

redbot
Plugin Author

dl33 wrote:

Is it possible to include an option to hide the individual bot_privs tab from some users? At the moment you can hide the entire extensions tab, but sometimes this is a bit too drastic.
I edited the add privs line in the plugin (add_privs('bot_privs_tab', '1');), but it would be nice if the plugin did this through the interface.

Yes, it is possible but I don’t think I’ll do it as I’ve decided this plugin will only deal with permissions hardcoded in admin_config.php.
That said, you can very easily customize the plugin by yourself adding just one line and reinstalling it.

I’ll show you how soon but before I must correct a bug I discovered just while I was examinating your request (@##!!)

Also: A feature request: Can one change/rename/add/delete user groups through the plugin?

I’ll think about it but, again, you can easily achieve this using the great plugin wet_babble

Last edited by redbot (2009-09-04 18:21:09)

#28 2009-09-04 19:34:20

redbot
Plugin Author

All

Download last version 0.3.1. which fixes a bug with the new privileges added by txp 4.2.0

dl33

I said:

you can very easily customize the plugin by yourself adding just one line and reinstalling it.

Oops sorry that’s not true. I wrote this plugin many months ago and I forgot some of the problems I faced at the time.
Now I remember there was a problem with dots (notation used by privileges in admin_config.php) and underscores (notation used with function names). So, to make it short, I’m sorry but I think the best way (at least for now) is to directly modify the code, as you are already doing.

Last edited by redbot (2009-09-05 01:20:03)

#29 2009-10-04 20:51:00

Gerich

Is it possible to add in plugin options for categories?
For example:
User can create new image (or article) category – Yes/No
User can edit only his categories – Yes/No
User can delete categories – Yes/No

and other options.

#30 2009-10-04 22:30:53

redbot
Plugin Author

Hi Gerich,
I’m sorry but this is not possible, at least with this plugin. This plugin provides an interface for managing standard textpattern privileges without changing txp code. As you can see from my link , the permissions that you need are not specified in /textpattern/lib/admin_config.php so it would require a specific plugin which, as far as I know, still doesn’t exists. Maybe you can try to post a request here.

#31 2009-10-20 12:50:17

kevinpotts

Oops sorry that’s not true. I wrote this plugin many months ago and I forgot some of the problems I faced at the time.
Now I remember there was a problem with dots (notation used by privileges in admin_config.php) and underscores (notation used with function names). So, to make it short, I’m sorry but I think the best way (at least for now) is to directly modify the code, as you are already doing.

Great plugin; very useful. So in order to hide specific Extensions tabs from users, I need to look for this line:

add_privs('bot_privs_tab', '1,2');

The above will display the bot_privs tabs to anyone with the level of Publisher or Managing Editor, and if I add a “3” into the string, Copy Editors would be able to see it? I just want to make sure I understand it correctly.

Kevin
(graphicpush)

#32 2009-10-20 13:42:08

redbot
Plugin Author

kevinpotts wrote:

Great plugin; very useful.

Thank you!

So in order to hide specific Extensions tabs from users, I need to look for this line…

Kevin, this line determines only which user levels can see the “bot_privs” tab, not other “extensions” sub-tabs.
IIRC you don’t have to modify the code because you can set this directly in the plugin preferences (see the last item of the list).
Please note that I have access to a slightly modified version of the plugin now so I hope I’m not mistaken.
In case I’ll upload the last version (which I updated then lost on my computer… I’m very untidy).

Conversely, if what you are looking for is the ability to add other privileges to the plugin (for example regarding the other “extensions” sub-tabs – which I didn’t include because they are dependant on the installed plugins) you should be able to do it by just adding one line to the code: if this is what you want I’ll show you how (sorry I have to re-examine the code – I forgot what I have written)

The above will display the bot_privs tabs to anyone with the level of Publisher or Managing Editor, and if I add a “3” into the string, Copy Editors would be able to see it? I just want to make sure I understand it correctly.

See the answer above – you just have to set preferences to do it.

#33 2009-10-20 13:58:22

kevinpotts

Kevin, this line determines only which user levels can see the “bot_privs” tab, not other “extensions” sub-tabs.

Understood. I just meant looking for that specific call in other admin-side plugins to show/hide from different user levels.

Conversely, if what you are looking for is the ability to add other privileges to the plugin (for example regarding the other “extensions” sub-tabs – which I didn’t include because they are dependant on the installed plugins) you should be able to do it by just adding one line to the code: if this is what you want I’ll show you how (sorry I have to re-examine the code – I forgot what I have written)

This is what I was looking for. And I do not see anything in preferences to make the modification.

Kevin
(graphicpush)

#34 2009-10-20 14:27:23

redbot
Plugin Author

kevinpotts wrote:

I just meant looking for that specific call in other admin-side plugins to show/hide from different user levels.

Ok, I was confused by the snippet you posted (add_privs('bot_privs_tab', '1,2');).
So – if this time I understood it correctly – the answer is yes, you can choose to show/hide specific plugin tabs by modifying that line in each plugins code (but this has nothing to do with bot_privs) . Of course the code varies depending on the plugin, so for example for hak_tinymce you’ll write add_privs('hak_tinymce_prefs', '1,2,3'); in hak_tinymce code

In my previous answer I thought you wanted to achieve this functionality directly in the bot_privs preferences tab (and in this case you have to add one line in the bot_privs code).

#35 2009-10-20 15:08:19

kevinpotts

redbot wrote:

In my previous answer I thought you wanted to achieve this functionality directly in the bot_privs preferences tab (and in this case you have to add one line in the bot_privs code).

That would be great if you could share that.

Kevin
(graphicpush)

#36 2009-10-20 16:23:50

redbot
Plugin Author

Ok, try version 0.3.2.
This doesen’t introduce new ‘official’ features but let’s you easily hack the plugin to add new privileges (go to “plugins” tab > bot_privs > edit and look around line 62 for a brief explanation)

Board footer