Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#277 2009-06-03 11:14:01

midmood
Website

Re: [Archived] stw_category_tree

Thank you for your attention, the_ghost :-)

I disabled the plugin, deleted it, then I installed the 1.1 version you linked me (Already installed the “official” one, linked in this thread.

this is the code I use to show the category tree:
<txp:stw_category_tree hide="78,79,80,81,82,83,84,85,86,87,88" section="negozio" count="()!" />

nothing happens… (headache :-)

EDIT: the plugin exclude only some of the categories i choose

Last edited by midmood (2009-06-03 11:17:08)

#278 2009-06-03 11:42:18

the_ghost
Plugin Author
Website

Just tried at my test host. This attr really works with strange bugs – in some cases it hides ids, in some – not.

Providing help in hacking ATM! Come to courses and don’t forget to bring us notebook and hammer! What for notebook? What a kind of hacker you are without notebok?

#279 2009-06-03 14:31:33

midmood
Website

Could be a conflict witha previous “wow_menu” installation which altered the database?

Furthermore I have some more debugging:

If you go here: www.violetab.com, you can see a ghost category tree (note that the actual category tree is on the left menu, scrolling.

I solved this problem setting pre {display:none} in my stylesheet, because the list is made of pre.

It’s just a workaroud, because I can still see the unwanted list flashing on the page during the loading, until the css hide it

Bye, thank you for your help
Simone

Last edited by midmood (2009-06-03 14:33:06)

#280 2009-06-03 16:06:49

the_ghost
Plugin Author
Website

Could be a conflict witha previous “wow_menu” installation which altered the database?

I doubt about this. IIRC the only thing added to db is sorting column, which shoud not influence excluding categories. This plugin requres more depthier revision :)

Providing help in hacking ATM! Come to courses and don’t forget to bring us notebook and hammer! What for notebook? What a kind of hacker you are without notebok?

#281 2009-06-03 16:18:50

midmood
Website

I see.
For the moment I grouped all the unwanted category under a parent category and excluded that one… fortunately it worked.

Is there a bug free release planned? because the plugin is really useful!

#282 2009-06-04 13:13:24

midmood
Website

I found another strange behaviour in the version 1.1 of the plugin.
This is really important, so I hope anyone can help me.

I specify a default section to redirect all my results and the result is nothing, no output.
So i didn’t specify any section, to target to the current section, but nothing at all again.

The problem is that the plugin seems to rewrite my url like so: http://www.example.com/category/name-of-the-category/, when should be: http://www.example.com/section/?c=name-of-the-category

can you help me? I cant’ find the form which drive that url schema…

Simone

#283 2009-07-13 04:06:25

mericson
Website

I’m using stw_category_tree with textpattern 4.0.8. It doesn’t seem to be able to properly create section/category links.

I have a category foo with a child baz, also a section called bar.

This tag:

<txp:stw_category_tree start=“foo” section=“bar” wraptag=“ul” labeltag=“li” />

Because I specified the section, expect stw_category_tree to generate a link to this URL:

http://www.mysite.org/bar/?c=baz

instead it generates a link to the following URL, which is wrong.

http://www.mysite.org/category/baz/

#284 2009-07-26 22:40:14

photonomad
Website

I am using this code to output a menu that lists articles by category. I know that, upon installation, stw_category_tree created a field in the database so that the categories can be ordered. I’m curious if it is possible to use something like <txp:article_custom sort=“field(’ ‘, …) to list the articles by category in the stw_category order? I got the idea that it might be possible by reading this thread.

[Edit] Ok… I think what I really need is a different plugin – a “companion” plugin for stw_category_tree. It would function just like txp:article_custom, but allow a way to sort articles by Category1 or Category2 using the order set by stw_category_tree in the Menu Control extension tab. I am not a real programmer, so I have no clue how article_custom would be able to access the idx field in the txp_category table. I’ll post this in the plugin request area, but thought I’d update this post in case anyone else is interested.

SOLUTION:
jsoo helped me use the smd_query plugin and the article_custom tag to sort articles with the stw_category_tree menu order:

<txp:article_custom sort='field(ID, <txp:smd_query query="select textpattern.ID from textpattern left join txp_category on category1 = name order by idx" break=",">{ID}</txp:smd_query>)' />

Last edited by photonomad (2009-07-28 03:19:26)

#285 2009-08-14 22:10:55

photonomad
Website

I’m having the same problem that mericson stated on the previous page

I want:
http://www.mysite.org/bar/?c=baz

But I get:
http://www.mysite.org/category/baz/

section/category links do not work

lee also pointed out the problem here

Paul said it was fixed here and offered a download with the fix.

There is mention of version 1a.2 but the links lead to a page with only downloads for v1.1

Can anyone out there point me to version 1a.2? Or, does anyone know of a fix for the section/category link problem? Thanks!

Last edited by photonomad (2009-08-14 22:24:17)

#286 2009-09-15 22:21:31

photonomad
Website

stw_category_tree works, but displays errors now that I have upgraded from 4.0.8 to 4.2.0.

———————————————————————-

This is the error I am getting (at the top of the Menu Control page) after I click SAVE CHANGES:

Warning: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘’ at line 1 update txp_category set idx = 0 where id = in /sitedirectorypath/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 85

The same error displays 22 times (idx = from 0 to 22), then the following:

Warning: Unknown column ‘view’ in ‘where clause’ update txp_category set idx = 23 where id = view-site in /sitedirectorypath/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 85

Warning: Unknown column ‘logout’ in ‘where clause’ update txp_category set idx = 24 where id = logout in /sitedirectorypath/textpattern/lib/txplib_db.php on line 85

New menu order saved successfully.

———————————————————————-

The plugin still functions, but would love for all of the errors to disappear. Not sure if this is an easy fix or something more complicated. Anyone else experiencing this?

#287 2009-11-13 11:59:01

aswihart
Website

I have no idea why, but I get all my categories listed with pre tags at the very beginning of my page (even before doctype declaration), then down where I inserted the tag <txp:stw_category_tree count="1" killempties="1" /> it displays the output you would expect.

This is what I see at the very top of the page with “view source”:

<pre>
breast-imaging, article
</pre>
<pre>
cardiac, article
</pre>
<pre>
chest, article
</pre>
<pre>
gastrointestinal, article
</pre>
<pre>
genitourinary, article
</pre>...etc, etc, etc...

Fixing this currently by brute force with pre { display: none; }

Last edited by aswihart (2009-11-14 14:55:14)

#288 2009-11-13 23:10:39

photonomad
Website

anyone having luck with this plugin and TXP 4.2?

Board footer