You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#73 2009-02-11 10:17:48

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

Re: rah_textile_bar

funtoosh wrote:

so . . . any ideas?

Because it doesn’t show under the extensions tab it’s more than plain JavaScript fail, nor browser issue (if you have cache cleaned). Have you:

#74 2009-02-11 10:22:14

funtoosh
Website

hi jukka,
the pref pane does show up in the extension tab, but the icons don’t.

i used the compressed version, installs without errors, is activated. mhm, i was surprised nobody else had this problem …

EDIT just an idea: can you send me a download-link to the bar’s css & image and i could try to use them externally, instead of from within the plugin ..?

Last edited by funtoosh (2009-02-11 10:27:28)

#75 2009-02-11 10:32:27

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

funtoosh wrote:

the pref pane does show up in the extension tab, but the icons don’t.

Do you see the textile bar but not icon images? If you don’t see textile bar at all:

• Try to downgrade or upgrade jQuery version that comes with Textpattern. Some (read: every) jQuery version has bugs and browser issues.

If you don’t just see icons, (for example if you go to http://my-textpattern-site-url.com/?rah_textile_bar_img=image) try to:

• Remove empty line endings that may make images invalid from Textpattern source. ( link )

#76 2009-02-11 11:14:15

funtoosh
Website

in the write tab, i don’t see anything at all.
nor does http://_domain_/?rah_textile_bar_img=image work.

okay, i’ll have a look at the jquery, the latter idea with the empty line endings sounds good, too, though i don’t fully understand it … i just checked the plugin code for unusual invisbles/line breaks, and there were none.

#77 2009-02-11 17:34:54

funtoosh
Website

so … i could make this work on two other installations of txp now. without any difficulties or errors. phew.

but still not on the initial one …

#78 2009-02-11 17:54:08

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

funtoosh wrote:

okay, i’ll have a look at the jquery, the latter idea with the empty line endings sounds good, too, though i don’t fully understand it … i just checked the plugin code for unusual invisbles/line breaks, and there were none.

Not the plugin, Textpattern :) (Transfer as binary etc).

funtoosh wrote:

so … i could make this work on two other installations of txp now. without any difficulties or errors. phew.

Of course, it’s meant to work :)

What are those other plugins which you’ve been unsuccessful to install? Which method you run your PHP? Do your host have limited functions or actions? Does your user have access to create MySQL tables? Does your server return errors to error logs?

#79 2009-03-06 19:42:13

CWhite

Parse Error, Unexpected T-STRING.

I’ve just installed this plug-in and checked all the comments here, but don’t see this error mentioned, so obviously I’ve done something dumb, or my system is odd somehow.

The full error is:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\CW-TP\textpattern\lib\txplib_misc.php(570) : eval()’d code on line 14
The above errors were caused by the plugin:rah_textile_bar

I installed the compressed version and received the error above. Previously, I installed the uncompressed version and got a different error. That error mentioned something about inserting “name=‘disabled’ in line 82”, but looking at line 82 made me think that didn’t make sense. That’s when I tried the compressed version and got the “Parse error” message.

The effect of the error is that the text size increases and your plug-in doesn’t appear … even after closing the site, deactivate and reactivate the plugin, and ensuring that “Leave text untouched” is set. (The increase in text size may be because I’m running the Serene template which uses relative text sizing).

I’d really like to get this running and can tell from the comments it’s very useful. Can you help?

I’m running XP (up to date), FireFox 3.07, Textpattern 4.0.8, PHP 5.2.4, MySQL 5.0.45-community-nt

#80 2009-03-09 10:01:04

txpnisti

Hi Jukka!

Very cool and usefull plugin for making sites for others, thanks! One question: is it easy to add some own buttons to bar? I would need to add “no-textile, div ends, div class=blahblah starts” code easily between textblocks. (Those would be triggers for jquery-based pagination.) Easier for writers if they don’t have to remember anything extra :)

#81 2009-03-09 18:22:28

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

CWhite wrote:

I’d really like to get this running and can tell from the comments it’s very useful. Can you help?

Check that the plugin source code matches Rahforum.biz’s source block.

txpnisti wrote:

One question: is it easy to add some own buttons to bar?

Maybe in future :)

#82 2009-03-09 20:45:25

txpnisti

Gocom wrote:

One question: is it easy to add some own buttons to bar?
Maybe in future :)

So you are publishing it soon, aren’t you :)

#83 2009-03-09 21:51:27

Gocom
Developer Emeritus
Website

txpnisti wrote:

So you are publishing it soon, aren’t you :)

No. I’m suffering fractura radii (radial facture), so no luck in near future (couple months).

#84 2009-03-10 07:48:56

txpnisti

Oh shit! That’s bad luck! Hope you will recover well.

Board footer