Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2008-10-10 16:27:27

LordAnubis

archive_list glass template not working properly.

Hey,

I’ve looked around, and haven’t found anything, so thought i’d post.
I’m new to txp so please bear with me!

Basically, on my site the ‘media’ ‘hardware’ and ‘gaming’ tabs at the top don’t work. It’s because they are using the sheet called archive_list, i know this much, but when i look on the templates website it works fine. The template.

I have repasted it, and can’t see anything obvious taht is wrong with it. It just doesn’t have the background for some reason. It works perfectly if you click on the sidebar link, but if I try using this link for the buttons at the top, then you can’t open the articles. Here’s the archive_list page code:

<txp:output_form form="head" /><body>
  <div id="wrapper">
    <div id="content-shadow">
      <div id="content">
        <txp:output_form form="header" />
         <div id="left">
          <txp:if_individual_article>
            <txp:article allowoverride="0" form="single" limit="1" pgonly="0" searchall="0" searchsticky="0" status="4" />
          <txp:else />
            <txp:if_search><txp:search_result_count text="Hits" /><txp:else />
              <div id="archive">
                <h2>Archives</h2>
                <div id="archive-left">
                  <h3>By Category</h3>
                  <div><txp:rss_suparchive_bycat formwraptag="ul" /></div>
                </div>
                <div id="archive-right">
                  <h3>By Date</h3>
                  <txp:rss_suparchive showsubdate="0" dateformat="%B %Y" />
                </div>
              </div>
            </txp:if_search>
          </txp:if_individual_article>
        </div> <!-- END LEFT -->
        <txp:output_form form="sidebar" />
        <txp:output_form form="footer" />        
    </div>  <!-- END CONTENT -->
  </div><!-- END CONTENT SHADOW -->
</div><!--END WRAPPER -->
</body>
</html>

Also, how do I change the font/background colour? I can’t find the lines of code.

Thanks,

Adam.

Last edited by LordAnubis (2008-10-10 16:37:06)

#2 2008-10-10 16:58:38

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Re: archive_list glass template not working properly.

I don’t know the template but here are a couple of things to look at.

You have placed the site inside a directory called “textpattern”. If my memory serves this is not advisable. Strictly speaking it should work but there is a second “textpattern” directory sitting inside that one so you could end up at “/textpattern/textpattern/” when you go into the admin. Personally I would rename it to something like “txp” then change the path to the site in “Preferences”.

Second, more related to the tabs, you have used capital letters within the names of your sections. This will almost certainly lead to problems and may be the cause of your current one. Only use small letters in anything that may be used as part of an URL including category names. Also the links in the sidebar are pointing to “categories” whereas the links in your top_nav are pointing to “sections” so you need to change those in the top_nav to include “/category/” as part of the link. Either that or decide to go down the “section” route in which case your sidebar links will need changing to pull a “section list” instead of the “category list” it is currently pulling..

The font /background colours will be found in the CSS that you added in the “Style” tab.

Last edited by thebombsite (2008-10-10 17:09:05)

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

#3 2008-10-10 18:42:52

LordAnubis

Cheers. I’ve changed the directory, and the section names. I had a look through all of the syle tab and couldn’t find anything. I tried changing some of the codes but nothing happened (yes I did click save:P)

However, I don’t quiet get what you mean by the links in the top_nav. I get what you mean, but not how to change it? What form/page is it under?

Last edited by LordAnubis (2008-10-10 18:45:53)

#4 2008-10-10 21:50:00

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

Your top nav is linking to a section and the side ones are categorys. Are they supposed to lead to the same page?

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

#5 2008-10-10 22:15:42

LordAnubis

I guess not. It’s whatever the original template was. I’ve not changed anything like that.

#6 2008-10-11 08:37:42

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

I need to look at the template first.

This is really in the wrong forum so if one of the moderators could oblige by moving this to the “Presentation/Packaged Designs” forum please.

Last edited by thebombsite (2008-10-11 09:50:44)

Stuart

#7 2008-10-11 09:50:56

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Just a quick look at the template shows me that the top nav is a part of the “header” form template which is using the <txp:section_list /> tag. The listing in your sidebar (“sidebar” form template) is using the <txp:category_list /> tag. What this tells me is that you have both sections and categories of the same name which in itself isn’t a problem, but the way that this template works it would appear to use different layouts dependent on what you are viewing which is probably why you get the different output when using the top or the sidebar links but I need a deeper look to see where the problem is located.

Stuart

#8 2008-10-11 10:03:51

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

OK. I think you need to reset your “media”, “hardware” and “gaming” sections to use the “default” page template. You then need to remove the categories of the same names and this will allow you to use different categories for each of these sections thus splitting them into smaller, more specific chunks, for example the gaming section could have categories like “rpg”, “shoot-em-up”, “puzzles” etc.

Stuart

#9 2008-10-11 15:33:31

MattD
Plugin Author
Website

I don’t think the template was meant to have additional sections.

I’m using the same template

My Plugins

Piwik Dashboard, Google Analytics Dashboard, Minibar, Article Image Colorpicker, Admin Datepicker, Admin Google Map, Admin Colorpicker

#10 2008-10-11 15:54:08

LordAnubis

So delete all of the catagories and make new ones? Will this delete all of the current articles?

I did look for a site for the glass template but couldn’t find one. Sorry about the wrong forum, didn’t really know where it would be best put.

Would it be easier to upload a new template to a different directory, so that there is still the site that is there now, but if it was say txp/test it showed the same site with a different theme and style etc?

#11 2008-10-11 22:14:48

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Matt: If you can’t add new sections it isn’t much of a theme is it? I’m pretty sure you can though.

LA: Change the page template for those sections first to make sure that the top links display the page correctly.

How many articles do you have in those categories?

Deleting the categories won’t delete the articles however I don’t think you can delete the categories if there are articles attached to them so you would need to go to each article and change the category to “blank” and re-save. Once the categories are empty you can delete them. Deleting the current categories isn’t a necessity but if you already have the articles segregated into sections it seems pointless putting them into categories of the same name when you can create new and more specific categories. It’s entirely up to you. I wouldn’t waste time creating another install.

Last edited by thebombsite (2008-10-11 22:22:13)

Stuart

Board footer