Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2007-09-19 15:44:13

Rigel
Website

Re: stm_article_order: Arbitrary sort order for your articles

Logoleptic, no problem. Thank for you help.

:)

#14 2007-10-04 07:42:36

sthmtc
Website

hi stanislav, is it possible to generate a link to the next article that reflects the order from the menu? currently, when i insert <txp:link_to_next /> it gives me the link to the next article chronologically, not based on the order i’ve set up with your plugin.

EDIT: i just had a look at jk_neighbour which allows to add a “sortby” attribute to link_to_next but somehow this is giving me very strange results. all articles, except the first, are pointing to the second one.

Last edited by sthmtc (2007-10-04 12:23:36)

#15 2007-10-29 12:32:39

ihatemornings
Website

Great plugin. I’ve used it successfully on one site, but on the second it caused some real problems when section names contained underscores.

After positioning a few articles and saving the changes, I found that articles in (for example) the ‘contact_us’ section had been put into a non-existent ‘contact’ section, and the same had happened to all articles.

I assume this is a relatively simple issue, and for now I am using hyphens in section names, but it’s worth fixing because it gives the appearance of making all the articles disappear from the site, and might scare people!

If I get time I will try to post a fix.

#16 2007-11-19 12:45:10

cube48
Website

Great plugin, thanks!

I have one question. Could it be somehow possible to make the plugin accesible for ‘Staff writter’ privilege? At the moment user has to have at least ‘Managing editor’ privilege.
I’ve tried to look into the plugin code but didn’t find any part which can specify this (though I’m not PHP programmer at all).

Thanks again ;)

#17 2007-11-19 18:56:45

iblastoff
Plugin Author
Website

cube48 wrote:

Great plugin, thanks!

I have one question. Could it be somehow possible to make the plugin accesible for ‘Staff writter’ privilege? At the moment user has to have at least ‘Managing editor’ privilege.
I’ve tried to look into the plugin code but didn’t find any part which can specify this (though I’m not PHP programmer at all).

Thanks again ;)

adjust the priv numbers like on the 3rd line in. i don’t remember exactly what number corresponds to staff writer but its in the textbook somewhere.

Last edited by iblastoff (2007-11-19 18:57:42)

#18 2007-11-20 21:34:26

cube48
Website

iblastoff wrote:

adjust the priv numbers like on the 3rd line in. i don’t remember exactly what number corresponds to staff writer but its in the textbook somewhere.

Brilliant! Big kudos for fast and accurate response. Works like charm. I’ve also moved the plugin to a different tab which is accessible by Staff writter at default.

T H A N K S i b l a s t o f f ! ! !

Privilege numbers are:

Publisher: 1
Managing editor: 2
Copy editor: 3
Staff writer: 4
Freelancer: 5
Designer: 6

Last edited by cube48 (2007-11-20 21:38:05)

#19 2008-01-06 14:47:18

beztak
Website

Its possible to add some SQL query to add the same position in another tables with identical ID of article? On almost every site I need to use MLP plugin and the translation of each language is stored in separated table, e.g. l10n_txp_en_gb, l10n_txp_cs_cz, l10n_txp_de_de …

#20 2008-02-13 12:34:49

pieman
Website

this is just the ticket!
thanks Stanislav

#21 2008-03-07 11:46:07

gluteus

I can’t move the articles in IE6/WIN! In FF/WIN it works without problems. Is it a js-problem?

thanks for helping.

dave

#22 2008-03-30 18:29:39

conspirator
Website

A client of mine wants a dynamic site that gives them the option to sort articles in a given section — they even used the phrase “drag and drop.”

I figured that this plugin was perfect for this application, but I’m having some serious problems. What am I doing wrong?

My section names are quite long and when I tried to rearrange some articles in a give section, it renamed my section (it changed automatically from ‘virtualizaiton_stories’ to ‘virtualization.’)

I then went and renamed the section to ‘virtualization’ (on the off chance that it was the _), and it actually worked…..ONCE.

What is going on? I read of people in the forum that use it with success, but what am I doing wrong?

#23 2008-04-24 22:10:20

FireFusion

I get the following error….

Plugin decompression is not supported by your server. Contact the plugin author for an uncompressed version.

#24 2008-06-24 15:42:55

RedFox
Website

sthmtc wrote:

hi stanislav, is it possible to generate a link to the next article that reflects the order from the menu? currently, when i insert <txp:link_to_next /> it gives me the link to the next article chronologically, not based on the order i’ve set up with your plugin.

And the solution to this ‘problem’ is the following plugin: jra_links … :)

Board footer