You are not logged in.
Firstly, I use my default template for my Thoughts section. However if I add the redirect, the thing will redirect me to http://relativemind.net/default which is not a section at all, but merely the page template name.
Next, if I create a template called Thoughts and add the redirect, the thing exceeds redirection limits everytime I try to access the individual article.
Well, I do have a redirect that redirects all who access http://www.relativemind.net to http://relativemind.net. Is this the thing which causes it not to work?
Throk, the plugin will redirect if the domain name doesn’t match the one set in your Textpattern configuration.
If the Textpattern domain is configured as http://www.relativemind.net, and you have a redirect set up to http://relativemind.net, the plugin will redirect back to www.relativemind.net. That could be why you’re seeing a circular redirect. Changing the web domain in the textpattern config to http://relativemind.net should fix that. Let me know if it doesn’t.
I’ll look into the /default/ problem.
Last edited by zem (2004-07-07 00:04:57)
There’s a new version up:
I think it fixes the “default” issue – can someone confirm?
It also adds a “test” attribute, to help debug circular redirects:
<txp:zem_redirect test=1 />
When set, the plugin won’t force a redirect; instead it will output a HTML comment showing the actual URL used to access the page, and the URL it would redirect to.
One thing that would be neat and fits into the scope of your redirect plugin would be to check whether the /section corresponded correctly to the entry id.
If I enter station11.net/read/[random number within the limit of my posted articles], the article will show up regardless of whether it is really in the read section. Not a big deal, but if zem_redirect could check and fix that as well as the title it would be cool.
I am still getting circular redirects, however this may be due to my blog having imported entries from b2. I guess this won’t happen if you only have entries made with textpattern.
An example can be seen here:
There are some “funny characters” in the url, anyway I have test-mode activated and I always get this:
<code>requested URL: http://www.sencer.de/article/50/openbook----freie-b%EF%BF%BDcher redirect to: http://www.sencer.de/article/50/openbook----freie-b�cher</code>
Last edited by Sencer (2004-07-08 10:19:12)
The domain name in the “requested URL:” output comes from the SERVER_NAME variable. That’s supposed to be the current vhost name, but it’s not necessarily clear whether that’s always the case – for example after a 302 redirect, which is what you’re using in addition to the plugin.
I’ll add an option to the next version to ignore the domain name portion of the URL. Hopefully that’ll solve the problem for you.
There’s a new version up: