#505 2007-12-27 11:34:56

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

Re: MLP - The Multi-Lingual Publishing Pack

net-carver wrote:

Patrick
One question before I give an answer…
Do you want to run a tri-lingual site with the MLP pack or are you wanting three mono-lingual translations of the ZCR strings for three mono-lingual sites?

First of all, Tks for your reply Steve.

Yes, I’m trying to use ZCR within a tri-lingual website with your [very best] MLP pack. I’d changed all the ZCR strings for that, but I can’t render the corresponding labels into the 3 translations (i.e. Name, Phone and so on…).

Cheers,

Last edited by Pat64 (2007-12-27 11:35:33)

Patrick.

Github | CodePen | Codier | Simplr theme | Wait Me: a maintenance theme | [\a mi.ni.ma]: a “Low Tech” simple Blog theme.

#506 2007-12-27 11:41:45

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Patrick

You’ll probably need to use the snippet feature on your form that has the zem_contact tags in it.

Could you post your form here and I’ll take a look.

Steve

#507 2007-12-27 11:51:17

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

Oops, Steve! I don’t use a form for my contact mailer : I’d put it directly into a page :(

BTW, here is the content :

<div id="contact">
<h1><txp:text item="Contact_H1" /></h1>
  <txp:zem_contact to="contact@mysite.com">
  <p>&nbsp;&nbsp;<txp:text item="Votre" /> <txp:zem_contact_text break="" required="0" label="Nom" /></p>
  <p><span class="hot">*</span> <txp:text item="Votre" /> <txp:zem_contact_email label="E-mail" break="" /></p>
  <p>&nbsp;&nbsp;<txp:text item="Votre" /> <txp:zem_contact_text label="Téléphone" min=7 max=15 break="" /></p>
  <p><span class="hot">*</span> <txp:text item="Votre" /> <txp:zem_contact_textarea label="Message" required="1" break="br" /></p>
  <p id="anti-spam"><span class="hot">*</span> <txp:text item="Anti-spam" /><br /><txp:zem_contact_checkbox label="Je suis un être humain" /><br />
<span id="info-spam"><txp:text item="Check" /></span></p>
  <p><txp:zem_contact_submit label="Envoyer" /></p>
<p><span class="hot">*</span> <txp:text item="Obligatoire" /></p>
</txp:zem_contact>
</div> <!-- /contact -->

Patrick.

Github | CodePen | Codier | Simplr theme | Wait Me: a maintenance theme | [\a mi.ni.ma]: a “Low Tech” simple Blog theme.

#508 2007-12-27 11:54:12

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Patrick

We can sort this out quite easily using the ##snippet## format. It’s time for me to put my daughter to bed so I’ll have to delay posting a reply for an hour or so.

Steve

#509 2007-12-27 11:56:49

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

Ok. Don’t forget to kiss your daughter. And wish her some good dreams :)

Tks lot, Steve.

Best regards,

Patrick.

#510 2007-12-27 12:33:36

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

Patrick

This should do the trick…

1. Make sure you have Content > MLP > Preferences > Inline editing of pages and forms set to “Yes”. If not, set it to yes and save the preferences (Don’t miss that bit!)
  2. Navigate to Content > MLP > Snippets > Pages and click on the page that has your ZCR tags in it.
  3. Look at the middle column. The second link down should read “Edit Page: your_page »” — click that link and your page will appear in a textarea in the right-hand column.
  4. Change all the label="blahblah" (etc) over to label="##a_snippet_id##" — note each snippet id (the string within the ##...## block) should be different. When you save this page you will create new strings in the txp_lang table using those names.
  5. You should probably give your new strings meaningful names based on your primary language: French. (ie. Change <txp:zem_contact_text break="" required="0" label="Nom" /> to <txp:zem_contact_text break="" required="0" label="##zcr_label_nom##" />)
  6. Change the rest of the labels using whatever scheme you come up with above.
  7. Save the form.

Saving the form will cause all the new zcr_label_ strings to appear as “snippets” in the middle column.

Now you can click on each snippet in turn to edit each rendition.

Should be easy.

Steve

#511 2007-12-27 12:56:13

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

Steve : it’s amazing!

I think I’ll send you a donation in few days for your great plugin (and effort).

Have a good end of year.

Tks lot,

Patrick.

#512 2007-12-27 14:54:29

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

All, especially Patrick

If you haven’t seen this post you might be able to help me out.

Steve

#513 2007-12-28 12:57:54

beatfreak

net-carver

The blank line has nothing to do with the compressed plugin. I tried installing the previous version from the 0.7.636 pack.
The site is on a public server but is protected with .htaccess so only I and some friends can visit it before we launch it to the public.

#514 2007-12-28 13:03:22

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

beatfreak

Yes, understood. I’d still like to collect a little data from this if possible — perhaps you can do the collection in a way that preserves your pre-launch secrecy. If you are ok with this, could you do a wget on the index page (or whatever page is exhibiting the problem) , then truncate the file just after the headers and then email it to me?

Steve

#515 2007-12-28 15:54:13

beatfreak

net-carver

I have done a wget on the index file and have in on my desktop. If you pm me your e-mail addres I will send you the file.

#516 2007-12-28 16:01:17

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

beatfreak

you (should) have email.

Steve

Board footer