You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

1. Index
  2. » Plugin support
  3. » smd_slimbox

#349 2007-11-28 00:04:18

colin99

Re: smd_slimbox

vittorio wrote:
- Try disabling the plugin hak_textile_tags. I had the same problem sometime ago (go back some posts on this thread and you’ll find it).

It worked!
Hmmmm – any idea why this happens?
What exactly does hak_textile_tags do?

On the World Wide Web since Day 1 – Editor/Creator – Coffeecrew.comCoffee.bc.ca
Twitter – Twitter.Com/CoffeeCrew -

#350 2007-11-28 00:09:55

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Another interim release to fix the warnings that karl.spencer found. However, during the bug fix I spotted something staring me in the face that I could leverage to add a pretty cool feature that’s been long requested by decoderltd. You can now split a gallery into sub-galleries and add a heading each time something changes (e.g. category).

The docs explain more about thumbtext’s new onchange feature and the example gives some usage ideas. With judicial use of CSS, this feature can hopefully be (ab)used to create galleries that look like they were generated by multiple slimbox calls. Many thanks to karl.spencer for spotting the bug that led me to this enhancement!

Enjoy v0.211 and note that it requires the new smd_lib v0.31

@vittorio: thanks for reminding me about hak_textile_tags. My memory, eh? It was only two pages ago.

@colin99: this explains

Last edited by Bloke (2007-11-28 00:12:26)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#351 2007-12-04 21:51:34

medmisfit

Just checked my site in Firefox 2.0.0.11 (after an upgrade?) and now my smd_slimbox gallery no longer works? Works fine in IE6 and IE7 but in Firefox, the thumbnails don’t even register as links? Any ideas?

Great plug-in! Thanks!

#352 2007-12-04 22:24:12

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

medmisfit wrote:

Just checked my site in Firefox 2.0.0.11 (after an upgrade?) and now my smd_slimbox gallery no longer works?

Freaky, my test site works ok in my 2.0.0.11. Got a page I can look at? What does your slimbox tag look like? Anything weird show up in debug mode or in your tag trace? Is an add-on getting in the way?

Last edited by Bloke (2007-12-04 22:25:02)

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#353 2007-12-05 00:52:38

Soukyan

I just started using the smd_slimbox plugin and it works fairly well with one exception. If I change to the mootools.js that uses transitions, the Fx.Transitions.Sine.easeInOut does not appear to work. I believe this should smoothly transition both the horizontal and vertical at the same time, but the lightbox continues to resize vertical and then horizontal before displaying the picture. Is there something I can do to troubleshoot this further? I have the proper includes and am using the tag properly (I think). Thanks in advance for any feedback you can offer.

#354 2007-12-05 01:37:24

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Soukyan wrote:

the Fx.Transitions.Sine.easeInOut… should smoothly transition both the horizontal and vertical at the same time

Unfortunately no. Changing the transition will only change the manner in which the x and y axes resize, one after the other. This is a feature of the way slimbox.js is written. Depending on how good you are with javascript you can see how he does it from line 135. It runs through a sequence of steps, case 1 first then case 2, and so on. Each of those does part of the animation I think (display lightbox, load image, change height, change width, animate caption etc)

Maybe you could try moving chunks of the code about to try and get it to do the height and width resize in one step? I’ve not tried it so I don’t know if it’s as simple as that, sorry. If you have no luck, try searching/posting on Christophe’s forum

And if you find an answer, please post it here. I’d like to know how to do that effect :-)

#355 2007-12-07 16:20:14

medmisfit

Bloke wrote:

medmisfit wrote:

Just checked my site in Firefox 2.0.0.11 (after an upgrade?) and now my smd_slimbox gallery no longer works?

Freaky, my test site works ok in my 2.0.0.11. Got a page I can look at? What does your slimbox tag look like? Anything weird show up in debug mode or in your tag trace? Is an add-on getting in the way?

upon further review…my CSS was mashugana! All is good. Thanks for your time.

#356 2007-12-21 08:08:47

tye
Website

Is it possible to use this plugin with ‘Article image’ (well Article image’s really).

I was using the following:

<txp:smd_slimbox limit=“6” showpagelinks=“0” imageid=”!?id” /> – displays all images of all articles

<txp:smd_slimbox limit=“6” showpagelinks=“0” imageid=”?id” /> – displays 1 image (the first) of the comma separated list of article images

#357 2007-12-21 08:15:38

tye
Website

Doh! – Don’t worry, I’ve fixed it, you use:

<txp:smd_slimbox limit=“6” showpagelinks=“0” imageid=”?article_image” />

I love this plugin :)

Thank you

#358 2008-01-19 17:30:19

jodeci
Website

Wow. I love what this does:

<txp:smd_slimbox thumbtext=“onchange: &lt;h4&gt; ?category &lt;/h4&gt;” groupname=”?c” />

but is there a way to strip out the <span>s? Ideally the output should be:

<h4>category name</h4>

instead of:

<span><h4>category name</h4></span>

I have a thing with polluted tags so I’ve resorted to:

onchange: ?category &lt;br /&gt;@

Nothing a little CSS can’t fix! However, an option to turn on thumbnail width/height would be nice. It’s not required but good practice :)

One last question: when clicking on thumbnails, for images that are associated with articles (set as article_image), is it possible to link to the article instead of the full size image? This would be really powerful and useful for photologs. Thanks for the nice plugin!

#359 2008-01-19 18:25:42

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

jodeci wrote:

is there a way to strip out the <span>s?

Ah, hmm, oops, no. In that order. A bit of stupidity on my part: I hard-coded the spans in so the thumbtext was always contained by something for validation reasons, then added the onchange ability in the next revision and forgot to offer the ability to remove the spans. I guess <span><h4></h4</span> won’t even validate because headers are block elements. Rats.

I think the next plugin I revisit will be this one, after my recent sidelines, so let me look at this and try and work in a fix for you. Sorry about that.

an option to turn on thumbnail width/height would be nice.

Does the thumbsize option fit your needs?

when clicking on thumbnails, for images that are associated with articles… is it possible to link to the article instead of the full size image?

Currently no. The plugin is only for displaying lightbox-style image galleries. However, when the long-awaited next revision hits the streets sometime this millennia it’ll have thickbox ability. Now I think that allows hunks of HTML to be displayed instead of an image, possibly paving the way for a hyperlink off the fullsize image to your article. Can’t promise anything because I’ve not really delved into it in detail yet, but if it can be done I will find a way of offering it in the plugin!

Note that this is not the same as having the plugin link a thumbnail directly to an article. The plugin is only designed for lightbox galleries, so to potentially have some images display a lightbox image and some take you to articles is confusing for visitors. If all you want is a gallery of images that are hyperlinked to articles, look at the built-in image / image_display / image_index tags and perhaps if_different to display the headings. Or the wet_for_each_image plugin. They might be more suited to your needs.

Hope that helps.

#360 2008-01-19 19:30:52

jodeci
Website

Bloke wrote:

I think the next plugin I revisit will be this one, after my recent sidelines, so let me look at this and try and work in a fix for you. Sorry about that.

Hey, no problem.

Does the thumbsize option fit your needs?

Oh yes it does! I’ve been reading way too much documentations these nights to have missed that… My bad.

If all you want is a gallery of images that are hyperlinked to articles, look at the built-in image / image_display / image_index tags and perhaps if_different to display the headings. Or the wet_for_each_image plugin. They might be more suited to your needs.

Thanks for the detailed reply! I’ll be checking the other options as well :)

1. Index
  2. » Plugin support
  3. » smd_slimbox

Board footer