Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2007-08-05 05:52:44

danwoodward
Website

Re: Hack: only list your own articles/images/files

Hey Pat, Thanks for the tips, I think I have it running fine on 4.0.5, changes were made manually without too much pain.
I do however have one issue, not sure if its a result of this or something else. When I click on the help (?) button next to elements like “keywords” the help popup box appears with the appropriate help info, then at the bottom of that window this code is displayed.

any ideas?

$title"; $result = preg_replace("/>\s* <",stripslashes($html)); $result = strip_tags($html); if (preg_match_all("/\s.{0,50}".$query.".{0,50}\s/i",$result,$concat) >= 1) { $concat = implode(" ... ",$concat[0]); $concat = preg_replace("/($query)/i","$1",$concat); $output = " $h3

$concat
"; print $output; } } ?>

#14 2007-08-05 06:36:21

iblastoff
Plugin Author
Website

i believe there are issues with the rpc server right now. i get the same code being spat out on a non-modified txp install

#15 2007-09-20 03:12:18

fbox

Thanks Jamie – just achieved a safe mod on 4.0.5 r.2466 using manual update like Pat64 (predictably, several failed hunks if you try auto patching). Some tiny confusions due to different line numbers and some patches already being included in the file code but generally pretty straightforward, and now seemingly working fine. Encouraging for those who might be low on confidence but are wanting to give it a go. =)

Luvly.

– L.

#16 2007-09-20 04:15:09

iblastoff
Plugin Author
Website

very interesting mod. has anyone had issues using it alongside various plugins? or could this be turned into a plugin somehow? i’m pretty sure more multi-author type features are generally the most requested items to go into TXP.

#17 2007-09-20 04:34:04

fbox

No issues apparent while using with the following plugins on 4.0.5:
  • asy_sitemap 0.7
  • dtj_obfuscated_email 0.3
  • glx_admin_image 2007.1
  • hak_tinymce 0.73
  • ied_hide_in_admin 0.1.6
  • ob1_title 4.0b
  • pap_contact_cleaner 0.1
  • rdt_dynamenus 0.9
  • rss_admin_show_adv_opts 0.3
  • rss_auto_excerpt 0.5
  • rss_if_search_results 0.1
  • smd_lib 0.21d
  • smd_slimbox 0.28
  • srh_file_icon 0.1
  • stw_category_tree 1.0.1
  • tame_enduser_docs 0.4
  • tame_privs 0.1
  • tcm_crumbs 0.2
  • tru_podcast 1.1
  • upm_pending_notify 0.1.2
  • zem_contact_lang 4.0.3.6
  • zem_contact_reborn 4.0.3.20
  • zem_event 0.3.5

#18 2007-12-17 23:47:40

iblastoff
Plugin Author
Website

good to know fbox. thanks

#19 2007-12-20 01:11:07

_n

Hi, this is a very, very noob question.

But, how do you actually do a manual update? I am unsure of Pat64’s advice post as I’ve never done this before. Thanks, and again sorry if this question is painfully obvious.

cheers

Nadine.

#20 2007-12-20 09:07:15

jakob
Admin
Website

Nadine, this is all tinkering with the innards. The patch file contains references to line + column numbers to let a diff-program/some code editors know where to automatically insert/make the relevant changes to the code in a file. This, of course, works only so long as the file to be patched hasn’t changed in the meantime, for instance through a version update, because the position may have then shifted.

In many cases, the code that needs patching hasn’t changed, it’s just shifted position. Manual “update” as mentioned above (its patching really) means finding the relevant section and swapping the relevant sections of code by hand in a text-editor. It’s not very difficult but can seem daunting if you never deal with code. You just have to be exact about it, really.

Maybe someone above is kind enough to make you a new patch file against the most recent txp version.

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#21 2007-12-20 09:17:53

iblastoff
Plugin Author
Website

wondering…could this possibly just be included in core??

something like this would definitely bring txp to a new level. since the patch is already written and there are definitely a few ppl willing to test it while running multiple plugins alongside with no issues thus far, how would something like this make it into core?

Last edited by iblastoff (2007-12-20 09:19:23)

#22 2007-12-20 16:58:15

jakob
Admin
Website

I submitted a patch (inexpertly) a long while back, jamie did too (expertly). I think there were two reasons why it wasn’t taken on board, the first being that it changed the existing behaviour of txp – it changes an existing role, but it could equally well be applied to a new role; the second was that the user/author permissions were due for a more fundamental revision, which has as yet not happened. The latter route, when coupled with some more permissions (for instance to restrict image and file deleting to one’s images/files), may in fact be better in the long run.

running multiple plugins alongside with no issues thus far

Most of it just restricts what is displayed in the various tabs so has no effect on functionality of other plug-ins. The only real change to existing functions concerns the addition of file ownership (at present there is none whatsoever), which are analogue to those already implemented for author-handling of images.

At the time, there was not much response but in the last half year or so, the number of requests for this kind of setup have increased considerably…

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

#23 2008-01-12 18:33:21

iblastoff
Plugin Author
Website

just tested this on latest svn and seems to be working fine. since core doesn’t seem to be interested in this, i wonder if it could be rolled into a plugin of some sort?

#24 2008-01-13 09:48:32

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

Ibla and others, I repeat my later request :

Do you think it will be possible to show only article’s comments authors? Cause all comments are shown and are’nt filtered by author.

Patrick.

Github | CodePen | Codier | Simplr theme | Wait Me: a maintenance theme | [\a mi.ni.ma]: a “Low Tech” simple Blog theme.

Board footer