Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#49 2007-11-15 12:31:38

ragger
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] ike_slideshow

alfette wrote:

2. is it possible to bring the prev/next-link above the picture or maybe even right beside of it?

That’s what I would really love too. I’ve been looking inside the code, but it doesn’t seem that easy to accomplish.
Could this option be implemented please?

BTW thanks for this simple yet beautiful plugin.

#50 2007-11-16 16:27:04

ikebowen
Archived Plugin Author
Website

On the list – thank you for your input.

A question for those of you who use this plugin: how would you feel about having it ported to jQuery, the javascript library packaged in with Textpattern? (As far as you the user are concerned, this would merely involve an additional script reference to call in the library.) I don’t have any immediate plans to do this, but I might as scope out the possibility.

Cheers -

Last edited by ikebowen (2007-11-16 16:27:18)

#51 2007-11-18 07:57:23

colak
Admin
Website GitHub Mastodon Twitter

ikebowen wrote:

A question for those of you who use this plugin: how would you feel about having it ported to jQuery, the javascript library packaged in with Textpattern? (As far as you the user are concerned, this would merely involve an additional script reference to call in the library.) I don’t have any immediate plans to do this, but I might as scope out the possibility.

This is a great Idea! It will as save some bandwidth for some.

Last edited by colak (2007-11-18 07:58:49)

Yiannis
——————————
NeMe | hblack.art | EMAP | A Sea change | Toolkit of Care
I do my best editing after I click on the submit button.

#52 2007-11-18 08:45:16

jstubbs
Website

ikebowen wrote:

how would you feel about having it ported to jQuery, the javascript library packaged in with Textpattern?

Sounds like a good idea. Any idea when your new version is coming out? Your new site is interesting, by the way.

#53 2007-11-18 09:30:07

iblastoff
Plugin Author
Website

another yes for jquery port! currently my site uses mootools solely because smd_slimbox hasn’t been ported for jquery yet :P personally i think the more ‘natively’ supported plugins the better.

#54 2007-12-07 20:42:43

jstubbs
Website

Hi Ike, any latest happenings with ike_slideshow? Wondering apart from porting it to jquery, is it also possible to remove the navigation completely and have the slideshow fade in all the images, like aro_slideshow?

Thing is, aro_slideshow runs on mootools, and its not very easy to have mootools and jquery work together. Maybe its easy if one knows javascript, but I don’t :-(

#55 2008-05-03 02:54:54

ploinkr

Hello there,
Looking for some last-minute help with ike_slideshow – really don’t know how to fix that :-P
Here’s the situation: after working locally on new sections for our site, I imported the database with phpMyAdmin and I’m now getting the following error message in the few sections where there are slideshows

Tag error: <txp:ike_slideshow category="2006-connologique" loop="1" show="caption,pagination" /> -> Notice: Undefined variable: clean_ids on line 67 (...)

Any idea of what’s wrong here?
Thanks in advance,

EDIT: found the culprit!! Site was running in debugging mode! So glad I saw that thread !
Ahhh. Will sleep well tonight ;-)

Ben

Last edited by ploinkr (2008-05-03 04:32:56)

#56 2008-08-07 10:40:25

firefox

when l used blow script to bulid a gallery suffer a problem.
<div id=“content” style=“width:520px;margin:auto; cursor:pointer; border:1px dashed #4E6973;padding: 3px;margin:auto; overflow:hidden”>
<txp:ike_slideshow category=”<txp:category/>” loop=“1” show=“pagination,category,caption” thumbnails=“0” link=“image”/> </div>
the error messages was:
No valid image IDs given/found.” loop=“1” show=“pagination,category,caption” thumbnails=“0” link=“image”/>

i guess txp:ike_slideshow does not support nesting or hava other way to solution this problem?

Thanks very much!

#57 2008-08-07 10:46:10

els

Thank you for posting in the right thread :) Still, I answered your question here.

#58 2008-08-07 21:23:48

masa

<txp:ike_slideshow category="<txp:category/>"

You can’t use a Txp tag as the attribute value for another Txp tag – the upcoming 4.0.7 will change that.

In the meantime you could give asy_wondertag a try.

Alternatively, have you considered using a custom field to store the category name?

#59 2008-09-09 14:57:18

ndrwtrvrs
Website

Just to add to the well-earned congratulations and thanks for this plugin – exactly what I was looking for, good clear instructions for use and it works really nicely.

The ability to specify an image category, in particular, is genius – and means that the site editor can easily manage the images used in the gallery on an on-going basis.

A small feature request – unless I’ve overlooked it, I haven’t seen a means of specifying that the slideshow loads images randomly so that it shows a different image each time the visitor lands on it.

Thanks again

#60 2008-12-16 18:40:46

eggnog
Website

First, I’d like to say how beautiful this plugin is. I love the simplicity of implementation and use.

I do however, have a question about positioning. How would I go about moving the pagination from below the image? Say for instance I wanted to place it above the image, or perhaps in another div adjacent to the image?

Any insight is appreciated. Thanks.

Board footer