2. » Plugin support
  3. » smd_slimbox

#277 2007-09-25 17:19:00

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Re: smd_slimbox

evergreenthompson wrote:

with the sample CSS. I found it worked much better for me to rewrite the styles in tag.style form.

That’s cool. You mean the sample CSS I supplied in the help file or the slimbox.css file? If it’s my bit and you’ve got any suggestions for how it can be improved that may benefit others, let me know.

And I know it’s a no-no to change the CSS for Slimbox, but I couldn’t resist. :D

Hehehe, that’s why I love open source: it’s your call :-) You’ll only make a tiny bit of work for yourself if Christophe updates Slimbox and does something differently with the layout. But I think it’s pretty stable now so the chances of him changing the CSS are quite slim. Hack away!

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

Txp Builders – finely-crafted code, design and Txp

#278 2007-09-25 21:43:55

iblastoff
Plugin Author
Website

why is it a no no to change the css for slimbox?? never heard of that stigma.

#279 2007-09-26 19:20:00

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

iblastoff wrote:

why is it a no no to change the css for slimbox?

It’s not really. It’s just a minor hassle for you if Christophe updates slimbox.css ‘cos you’ve got to go through and make the same changes again when you upgrade. I don’t mind one way or the other! Hence the “it’s your call” comment.

I’m sure evergreenthompson had good reason to do it, and might even have found out something that may have benefited us (or specifically Joel and progre55 if they’re still having CSS nightmares).

My stance is: if you want to change anything, be my guest. And if you find anything cool in the process, post it back to me.

The smd plugin menagerie — for when you need one more gribble of power from Textpattern. Bleeding-edge code available on GitHub.

#280 2007-09-29 11:35:50

Mr. Smith

I’m sorry if this has been answered already, but reading all 28 pages in this thread will take all day, and my searches didn’t help me.

When smd_slimbox outputs the paths to the relevant images – using category=“some-category” – it outputs the path to my localhost (e.g. http://website.localhost/images/8.jpg), which complicates things when I upload the site to a remote server, as it still outputs the paths to localhost even on another server.

The plugin works perfectly otherwise.

Any ideas?

Textpattern n00b

#281 2007-09-29 18:28:58

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

Mr. Smith wrote:

When smd_slimbox outputs the paths to the relevant images – using category=“some-category” – it outputs the path to my localhost (e.g. http://website.localhost/images/8.jpg), which complicates things when I upload the site to a remote server, as it still outputs the paths to localhost even on another server.

Hmm, think that’s a first: no wonder the searches came up blank. I’m really not sure on that one.

As far as I can assure, smd_slimbox does not have any hard-coded paths so it should read all values from the stuff in your admin screens. Under the hood, it makes up the path to the images using two internal variables; one called “hu” (a constant which seems to be the one containing the domain; I just used it because zem (or maybe wet/ruud, I don’t remember) had used it and I figured it was therefore the right thing to do) and a conventional global variable called $img_dir which is normally associated with the “images” directory on your server.

My guess is that, for some reason, the ‘hu’ variable is being incorrectly assigned in your setup and contains localhost. When you upload the site to the remote server, do you change any of the admin settings to reflect the new home?

Perhaps I shouldn’t be using ‘hu’ and should instead be using the site_url() call instead? Any devs out there wish to chip in and let me know the “official” procedure for making up image/thumbnail paths?

Sorry if that’s a bit over your head; not sure on your programming prowess. But if anyone has anything to say on this matter to either correct my (probably false) assumptions on TXPs variable/constant use, or any pearls of wisdom that may help Mr. Smith, then please speak up.

Cheers.

Last edited by Bloke (2007-09-29 18:32:21)

#282 2007-09-30 12:16:52

Mr. Smith

Thanks for your input! I haven’t made any changes to the admin setting after uploading to the remote server. I’ll try reinstalling the plugin, and I will of course let you know how it goes in a day or two.

Textpattern n00b

#283 2007-10-01 20:19:27

fuls
Website

Hi again;)

Since I’ve installed this plugin I think I have a problem with loading my site inside internet explorer (both 6 & 7). I got this error and it seems like page cannot be loaded completely:

“Internet explorer cannot open the internet site. operation aborted”

I can also see that page is trying to load closelabel.gif (it says: downloading the picture http://mysite.com/css/closelabel.gif)

When I refresh the site it loads ok.

Can this be plugin related?

Thanks!

Last edited by fuls (2007-10-01 20:20:24)

#284 2007-10-01 20:34:43

Bloke
Developer
Website GitHub

fuls wrote:

“Internet explorer cannot open the internet site. operation aborted”

I’ve seen this before a looong time ago when wouaren brought it to my attention. We discussed it and tried bug fixes for a while chatting over instant messaging but it was such a specific thing with his site that I didn’t think to post the fix in the thread here for all to see. D’oh!

From memory I think it was to do with using the <embed> tag on the same page as slimbox/mootools rather than the standards-compliant (* cough * ish) <object> tag. Do you have any video/embedded content on the same page? Maybe the swfobject.js library? Perhaps try slimbox without the embed/object/swfobject loaded and see if it makes a difference?

If it’s not that, you could try asking wouaren directly – he’s a helpful guy and he may remember what we did to fix it.

Last edited by Bloke (2007-10-01 20:35:56)

#285 2007-10-01 20:38:38

fuls
Website

Yes, that’s it probably! I have a swfobject installed. I’ll contact wouaren, thanks again for helping me out:)!

Last edited by fuls (2007-10-01 20:39:21)

#286 2007-10-02 22:36:29

robin746
Website

Thanks for a great plugin!

I had one problem with some elements of my page not being dimmed. Comment XL from the discussion on the original Slimbox page worked for me. Just thought I’d mention it in case others have the same issue.

robin

#287 2007-10-03 00:24:50

Thom1965
Website

I’m new here and this is probably something simple (I can hope). I’ve installed smd_slimbox on my site. It works except for one little thing … the lightbox image pops up under the rest of my page. I’ve looked at the site css and there’s nothing there refering to a z-index which was my first thought.

I’m using the roowhaline theme.

Any help in figuring out where to look for the problem would be really appriciated!

Thanks!

- Thom

Edit: Ok, I’ve found the z-index use in the Theme template, it’s been one of those days. Where can I control smd_slimbox’s z-index? I’ll keep looking on my own though.

Last edited by Thom1965 (2007-10-03 00:43:31)

#288 2007-10-03 00:46:25

robin746
Website

Hey Alpha!

My post immediately above yours answers that question!

robin

1. Index
  2. » Plugin support
  3. » smd_slimbox

Board footer