Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2007-03-03 17:02:26

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

Re: wet_quicklink: Quick internal link builder

jstubbs wrote:

1. Can we use stm_javascript with your plugin, rather than creating another JS folder on the server?

No. stm_javascript stores Javascript content to make it available as a front end tag. wet_quicklink uses jQuery for the back end, so it doesn’t quite fit. jQuery’s location as wet_quicklink expects it is the one where jQuery is also located in the Textpattern development code branch

2. Any issues with using mootools and jquery at the same time?

Depends on your definition of “the same time”. wet_quicklink is only active while the “content > edit” screen is visible. mootools would only be active if ther was a second plugin enhancing this screen which uses mootools. As both libraries implement a function or object named $, they will probably collide in such instances.

3. Any reason for using jquery over mootolols?

I am just following vague hints about the future “standard” Textpattern JS library from Alex Shiels as visible in the crockery branch. No technical pros/cons.

A propos: You might have fun with a recent discussion at Wolfgang Bartelme’s blog on the topic of JS libraries. Nate Cavanaugh has some good points in the comments there, I think, especially when you consider industry adoption.

Last edited by wet (2007-03-03 17:02:42)

#26 2007-04-06 07:09:32

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

wet_quicklink v0.3 loads jQuery from the public location hosted by Amazon S3 as advised by John Resig’s post Google Groups and Amazon S3. wet_quicklink has also been modified to use the most up-to-date version of jQuery whenever it becomes available, with high hopes that John won’t break anything on new releases ;-)

Additionally to the benefits John mentions in his post, this also simplifies deployment of wet_quicklink on the user’s site. Caveat for the paranoid: Your site will appear as a referrer in Amazon’s logs.

btw: The accompanying wet_peex is unaltered. Do not re-install wet_peex.

#27 2007-04-17 07:36:23

tarislav

Please could you tell my this plugin doesn’t work with hak_tinymce plugin (wet_ doesn’t switch at all). Works well with mic_tinymce plugin but when I save information it removes all <txp: /> tags.

Maybe somebody knows how make it function well?

#28 2007-04-21 04:58:09

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

Updated a helper plugin to wet_quicklink, wet_peex, to version 0.2 to make it work with multi-byte-challenged installations of PHP (hat tip: Ruud).

• No functional changes
  • Update is recommended, if you cannot see any article text but just an ellipsis (…) while poking for links.

Last edited by wet (2007-04-21 04:58:41)

#29 2007-04-25 23:28:23

nardo

wet man – when selecting precisely a word or phrase and wet-linking it, I get a space after the closing permlink tag… is this my install/setup, or a feature?

#30 2007-04-26 04:12:23

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

I added the trailing space on purpose, but now I’m not sure if I still consider this a feature or rather changed this behaviour… Let me think about it for a moment.

#31 2007-04-26 16:35:51

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

v0.4.1, no more trailing space after the link text

#32 2007-05-10 13:34:41

Logoleptic
Plugin Author

Would it be possible for wet_quicklink to to grab individual links that have been added using the Links tab? Right now you can only output those links in a linklist, which really limits Txp’s link management abilities. Being able to get them into an article would be all kinds of awesome.

#33 2007-05-10 13:39:23

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

Please elaborate.

Would you like a list similar to the present list of articles, but containing all links w/ details, and upon hitting one of them the link would be inserted as what? inside one of the article’s input areas?

#34 2007-05-10 14:49:57

Logoleptic
Plugin Author

I suppose it could be a wrapping tag or a single tag, similar to the way zem_link and <txp:permlink /> both function. I’m thinking “upm_image / upm_image_popper for links,” which is kind of what you’ve got going here anyway.

A more thorough description of what I have in mind is given here. Is such a thing possible?

I may be able to get the client in question to contribute money toward the effort, but they seem to be on a pretty tight budget.

#35 2007-05-10 19:45:50

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

So there’s two parts to this request: One plugin to read and output a link’s properties, plus a second one to inject this first plugin’s tag into an article. The first one is satisfyable with wet_linkinfo. This is fresh from the press, so please give it a spin and report back whether it suits your needs.

The second part, which would either require an extension to wet_quicklink, or a similar plugin just for the purpose of composing the article text, is a larger endeavour. I will think about it…

#36 2007-05-16 15:13:22

wolle
Website

Hi, thanks for this plugin, works great on one of my sites.
But I tried it now on an other installation/server (0.2 / 0.42) and there the linklist is empty all the time. The popup is displayed correct with a correct page-counter (for exampel 1/14) and the link-table-headers. But no links. So I tried to get the XML-output vom wet_peex with

http://mysite.tld/textpattern?wet_peex=article

an get the following output:

<textpattern>
− <pre>
Ein Fehler trat auf beim Laden des Plugins:
<b>wet_peex</b> ->
− <b>
User_Warning: You have an error in your SQL syntax near ‘offset 0’ at line 1
select * from textpattern where 1=1 order by Posted asc limit 20 offset 0 on line 84
</b>
</pre>
<articles count=“135” offset=“0” limit=“20”>
</articles>
</textpattern>

It says there is an error by loading the plugin wet_peex and/or in the SQL syntax.
I don’t know what to do, what is wrong!? Can someone help me?

Board footer