Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2004-06-17 12:15:15

santheo
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Re: [Archived] stw_category_tree

Damelon-

Benoit was encountering the same problem. The issue might be with the prune tag. Have you set it to true? Remove it. It’s not necessary here. Prune removes categories that aren’t relevant to the current cateogry; in your case, it seems you want all categories to appear at all times.

If that’s not it, post the syntax of your tags, and I’ll try to debug. It’s possible the tag doesn’t do exactly what you need, but if that’s the case, let me know how you’d like it to work, and I’ll try to upgrade it.

-S

#14 2004-06-17 12:56:57

Damelon
Website

Okay, that seems to work well enough. Thank you.

Now my next question is, how do I generate a link with this to display ‘all’ english posts or ‘all’ french posts? That is, a result that is all the subcategories of a language? Currently it looks as if the only way that would work is if I do exactly what I was doing before. Assigning both a descriptive category and one for language. Any thoughts on this?

#15 2004-06-17 14:24:58

santheo
Archived Plugin Author
Website

An issue many want to see resolved. I know of no way to do this other than the hack you’ve discovered. I may attempt to write a plug-in that solves this issue, though I don’t know how easy or feasible that’ll be. I’ll let you know what kind of progress I have.

#16 2004-06-17 18:00:29

Damelon
Website

> santheo wrote:
> An issue many want to see resolved. I know of no way to do this other than the hack you’ve discovered. I may attempt to write a plug-in that solves this issue, though I don’t know how easy or feasible that’ll be. I’ll let you know what kind of progress I have.

It’s all good. You still automated one particularly irritating aspect of this, which was the necessity to hardcode the links. I wish I had the knowledge to do this stuff. I guess the one other question I have now is : is it possible to change the connecter in multi-word categories links from ‘+’ to ‘-’ ?

Ah, and I did find one other issue. Part of the reason I was hardcoding my category urls was also to deal with funky characters in the links. Here’s an example of this still biting me :

My category name : R

Last edited by Damelon (2004-06-18 04:56:27)

#17 2004-06-19 02:53:51

Benoit
Website

Damelon, I’ll try and dig in the code this weekend. Back when I was on MT, I had ended up fixing the problem in there by creating a substitution table in the appropriate module as MT simply skipped any accented character. MT ended up integrating my fix in a subsequent release.

It’s simply a matter of finding out WHERE the conversion gets done and provide the substitution. After that, it could be done for just about any language using accented characters.

Last edited by Benoit (2004-06-19 02:54:35)

#18 2004-06-20 21:16:02

mrpunkin
Website

Is there any chance we can get section support for us with messy urls? When you use section=“something” it automatically assumes blog.blog.com/section/?c=category. I would like to be able to have it do blog.blog.com/?s=section&c=category.

BTW, if you do create a messy url way, make sure the & after the section is actually & so it validates.

Last edited by mrpunkin (2004-06-20 21:54:39)

Bryan
.:Mrpunkin.coM:.

#19 2004-06-23 03:53:20

santheo
Archived Plugin Author
Website

> I guess the one other question I have now is : is it possible to change the
> connecter in multi-word categories links from ‘+’ to ‘-’ ?

I could do this in the links I’m creating, but this would break the system, since TXP is expecting the connectors to be ‘+‘s not ‘-‘s. Why the desire to switch?

> I guess I think in the perfect world, accented characters in the url would work, but
> it’s not the perfect world. I think the display name should be : R

#20 2004-06-23 04:16:40

santheo
Archived Plugin Author
Website

mrpunkin wrote:
> Is there any chance we can get section support for us with messy urls? When you
> use section=“something” it automatically assumes blog.blog.com/section/? > c=category. I would like to be able to have it do blog.blog.com/? > s=section&c=category.

This is implemented. Download from the link above for version 0.3, which now supports both clean and messy URLs. I tested it out, but in case I missed something, please post any quirks you see.

#21 2004-06-25 00:05:33

mrpunkin
Website

Thanks much Santheo, works great!

Bryan
.:Mrpunkin.coM:.

#22 2004-07-06 13:52:08

Benoit
Website

Santheo, do you think there is a way for the user to add an ID to the UL tags?

Edited – Duh, never mind. Reading the instructions helps.

Last edited by Benoit (2004-07-06 14:34:13)

#23 2004-07-06 21:22:09

Rufnex
Archived Plugin Author

santheo .. great plug-in! i tried v0.3 but i can’t display the urls in /clean/ mode .. there always displayed ?messy … any ideas what went wrong?

#24 2004-07-06 21:39:32

santheo
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Rufnex-

Can you point me to an example?

Board footer