Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#37 2007-02-06 15:57:52

carbon

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] cbs_live_search

Having recently picked up mooTools 1.0 for another project, I’ll see if I can’t take a look at the plugin source and find a fix.

I’ve also pinged Christophe about it.

#38 2007-02-06 18:22:53

cbeyls
Archived Plugin Author
Website

I’ll make the new release available very soon.

My plugins : cbs_live_search (improved) – cbs_category_list – cbs_navigation_menu – cbs_gravatar (updated) – cbs_article_index – cbs_maintenance_mode (new) – cbs_section_language (new)

#39 2007-02-20 08:31:00

heternova

Salut Christophe,
I’m having some problems with your plug-in. I’m not a js-guru, so I could tell you some stupid things :-)

I went on the mootools website, download section: I took a js with all the native scirpts plus all the addons. The problem here, is that I didn’t find the fx.js and ajax.js (actually the name of the addons are common dom hash color). I uploaded both, the mootools.js and the livesearch.js on my webserver.

I wrote two lines on the head :
<script type=“text/javascript” src=“http://www.e-crime.ch/laenggasse/js/mootools.js”></script>
<script type=“text/javascript” src=“http://www.e-crime.ch/laenggasse/js/livesearch.js”></script>

Than I uploaded the plug-in in txp and actived it.

Than I put this line in the article:
<txp:cbs_live_search defaultvalue=“Live suchen…” />

The problem is, the search engine work well, but I have no ajax effect. I have javascript enable.

When I click on the search field, the words “Live suchen…” didn’t disappear, the live search doesn’t work (I have to click enter to have the result).

Beacause I’m totally ignorant in javascript, I tried with the complete mootools (all the components), but nothing changed.

I don’t know if is it possible to give you the url (sorry mod if I didn’t respect the rules)

http://www.e-crime.ch/blog/

I need some help… :-)
Many thanks
Heter

P.S: I’m sorry, I posted before reading the thread. quel con! Excuse-moi Christophe de t’avoir envoyé aussi un email sur ton site perso, j’avais pas lu qu’avec le mootools 1.0 ton plugin ne marchait plus. Sorry, et merci beaucoup pour ton effort !

Last edited by heternova (2007-02-20 13:31:22)

#40 2007-02-28 19:58:18

jstubbs
Website

Hi Christophe, any luck yet with the new version of the plugin? Thanks for your efforts, its a great plugin.

#41 2007-03-05 12:55:22

swizzy

I am a total newbie, can anybody please explain how to incorporate this awesome plugin…

i have uploaded the mootools.83.js (ripped it off a working cbs_live_search site) and livesearch.js
i have called the scripts in all my files.

now how do i add i to my site, step by step instruction anybody please?

#42 2007-03-12 21:27:49

jstubbs
Website

swizzy, just follow the instructions, and let us know what does not work for you, then we can help if needed…

Christophe – any news on the latest version of cbs_live_search with Mootools 1.0?? Hope so, my live search is broken…!

#43 2007-03-13 05:31:28

swizzy

i just get a normal text box. no ajax nothing after calling the tag in my page

#44 2007-03-13 07:36:04

jstubbs
Website

swizzy, if you look at my previous posts above, you will see that live search is broken by the latest Mootools 1 version. We are waiting for Christophe to update live search to work with it. Live search does work fine with mootools 0.83 if I recall.

#45 2007-04-06 11:48:41

cbeyls
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Hi all, I’ve posted a new version of the plugin that is compatible with mootools 1.0. Sorry for the delay, the code was ready but I was just too lazy to update the docs and the plugin packaging since I was already busy working on mootools 1.0 itself on my spare time. The latest version is the same I’m currently using on my website.

My plugins : cbs_live_search (improved) – cbs_category_list – cbs_navigation_menu – cbs_gravatar (updated) – cbs_article_index – cbs_maintenance_mode (new) – cbs_section_language (new)

#46 2007-04-06 12:08:37

jstubbs
Website

Great news Christophe – thank you very much for updating this wonderful plugin!

#47 2007-04-20 14:15:13

ultramega

Hi! Excuse me if this have been asked earlier, I didn’t read all the posts :)

If I write character ‘ in the search box, the appearing result list shows very ugly mysql-warning. Is this a known issue?

Without that little annoyance, this is very, very sweet plugin. Thanks a lot!

EDIT

Aswering to myself. I found that I had the testing-mode switched on in the TXP settings. When swithcing to live-mode, the mysq-warning didn’t appear anymore. The other thing that I noticed, I have no “no results” text at all, no matter if I add or not noresults-text for the tag. Strange.

Last edited by ultramega (2007-04-24 08:17:18)

#48 2007-06-28 14:36:47

curiouz

Hello! Thanks for this plugin, it works great!

One little tiny thing though. My website is a static one and every content is stored in articles to keep the code as short as possible. When a search is performed I want only to appear the articles with the tea products, not the miscellaneous articles that have heading pictures and text for the sidecolumn. With txp:search_results this is very easy, I just filter the articles on the search results page by keyword. Is there some way this can be achieved with cbs_live_search?

Thanks again for the great plugin!

Board footer