Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] zem_event [flexible integrated event management]

No, I didn’t figure it out.

WebKat

#110 2007-02-10 15:39:49

squaredeye
Website

OpalCat,
The answer is right here. Its worth reading the thread first :)

#111 2007-02-11 00:08:19

nardo

ma_smith wrote:

Nardo, WOuld you still like me to add that as a feature suggestion or is it not needed now?

section attribute? worth considering, see what zem thinks …

congrats on k2

#112 2007-02-11 16:48:34

WebKat

You know, there is no need to be that way about it. This weekend is my 35th birthday, my boyfriend who lives a thousand miles away is in town, and it’s the local juggling festival (my boyfriend and I are avid jugglers and I’ve spent pretty much every waking hour down there). I have had only a very few minutes here and there to be online. Before I started posting in the thread last week, I DID read through it. I don’t have a photographic memory that lets me remember every detail I’ve read, though, and a lot of what I read I didn’t fully understand because it was php stuff or it referred to problems that I wasn’t having. I’m also doing things in other threads here and on textpattern.org as well and upgrading vbulletin and dealing with THEIR support forums. So I’m very sorry if I didn’t scrutinize every last word of the thread in the timely fashion that you deem acceptable, but you don’t need to scold me like a child unless you are intentionally trying to drive me away (in which case, just ask me to leave!). I was asked a question and while I haven’t had time to go back and read everything, but I at least wanted to answer the question. In the future I won’t bother.

WebKat

#113 2007-02-11 17:17:10

squaredeye
Website

OpalCat,
My appologies. I meant for the :) to communicate more care than being patronizing.
I hope in the future, you do bother. If you want to follow up more, send me an email, I’d be happy to dialog about it.
ps. happy Birthday.

#114 2007-02-13 15:36:45

decoderltd
Website

Hi,

Great plug-in, thanks – I’ve been looking for something like this for quite some time.

I’ve installed the plug-in but keep getting this Notice: Unable to save event in /httpdocs/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(512) : eval()'d code on line 1548& whenever I try to enter data on certain fields (eg Time, Contact Email), ay idea what’s going wrong?

Just on the usability front, could I suggest that perhaps events were accesssed much like the Advanced options (ie expandable title). I’ve let a few non-webby users on our site and it confused them to see it available for every article. This might avoid the other area of confusion – the apparent duplication of fields (dates and categories) between the Article and Event section.

Hope that helps!

#115 2007-02-13 15:58:57

squaredeye
Website

decoderltd,
I’ll point zem toward your error. On the “usability front”, I think a collapsable or hidden event div would be a great idea. Perhaps you can check with yura, who made the ied_hide_admin plugin to see if he would expand it to cover the event plugin? Or perhaps this is something you’d be willing to contribute for? :)

matthew

#116 2007-02-13 16:17:10

renobird
Website

decoderltd,

Show/hide event div is a great idea. I’ll keep up on the status and would be willing to contribute if someone with the skills is willing to make it happen. Yura seems like an excellent choice.

Matthew,
Congratulations on the new baby!

Tom

#117 2007-02-13 16:34:27

mrdale
Website

decoderltd wrote:

Just on the usability front, could I suggest that perhaps events were accesssed much like the Advanced options (ie expandable title). I’ve let a few non-webby users on our site and it confused them to see it available for every article. This might avoid the other area of confusion – the apparent duplication of fields (dates and categories) between the Article and Event section.

Why not just use the exact same method that all the other admin stuff uses? No extra JS, one simple hack (that we could talk the dev into rolling into an upcoming release).

I dont have a running copy, but a line of code outside the div you mention should do the trick.

<h3 class="plain"><a href="#file-tags" onclick="toggleDisplay('div-ID-you-want-to-hide'); return false;">Toggle Link Name</a>

Then just set the default display state of ‘’ to hidden…

Or am I mistaken?

#118 2007-02-13 16:41:03

WebKat

That sounds like something I would like to implement as well, since this is my mom’s site I’m using it on and the easier it is for her to use, the better… I’m just not sure what file it is that I’d be looking at editing to add that line?

WebKat

#119 2007-02-13 16:41:40

squaredeye
Website

Dale,
yep, that easy, good call. The only other bit, would be to accomplish hiding it for certain users, which could be accomplished through ied_hide_admin.

#120 2007-02-13 17:08:31

squaredeye
Website

OpalCat,
That’s in the admin/plugins (edit).
If you need help, throw me an email, we’ll workshop it together and throw a “patch” toward Zem.

Matthew

Board footer