Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#85 2007-02-06 03:33:17

WebKat

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] zem_event [flexible integrated event management]

Will I have to do that every time? Or is it a one-time fix?

WebKat

#86 2007-02-06 03:53:09

nardo

one-time hopefully

#87 2007-02-06 04:43:57

squaredeye
Website

egyarnetsky wrote:

My question… How do I display one-time future events?

Egyarnetsky, to be honest, I have no idea :) Essentially, future events are what most users want from a calendar like this and that’s what I have going. What sorts of dates are you putting into your fields? Can you list the data for each field next to its label? What do you have set for the date posted for the article?

#88 2007-02-06 05:56:05

rsilletti

Matt – For the sake of giving folks just getting their first look at zem_event a starting point, this may
help Textbook zem_event

Any feedback for improvements would be welcome as well.

#89 2007-02-06 11:14:15

jj23

ma_smith wrote:

Some of you have written about fields being autocompleted. Alex and I are both reluctant to believe that this is due to the plugin, though anything is possible, and would suggest you do several things as we try to track this down.

In my case the fields were autocompleted only after publishing an article without a title. Maybe this helps in finding the bug…

best,
jj

#90 2007-02-06 11:24:10

jj23

I need help again.

Don’t know what’s wrong but my mini calendar does not display events that should appear in the first (sometimes second) week of every month (row of calendar table). Other past and comming events are being showed.

zem_event_list displays all of them.

Any help would be appreciated

best,
jj

#91 2007-02-06 14:30:01

squaredeye
Website

jj23,
Thanks for the heads up about the bug and the article title left blank. We are looking at the minicalendar issue. Until that is resolved you may want to avoid using the minicalendar.

Rsilletti,
You have outdone yourself. Thank you for taking the time to do that. That’s a real contribution to the plugin, I’ll add the link to the initial post. Bravo!

#92 2007-02-06 16:41:34

egyarnetsky
Website

Matthew,

I think I found the problem of the future events not showing up on the calendar— the article time stamp.

As I noted, I use the time attributes on my events article list:

< txp:article form=“Events” time=“future” sortby=“Posted” sortdir=“asc” / >

To make this work I use a future time stamp on my articles. Thus when the event time becomes past, it automatically drops off the upcoming list.

I just did an experiment where I used the current time stamp, but a future date in the events section. Lo and behold, the event showed up on the calendar (but not on my upcoming list). The problem was the time stamp.

Is there any way around this or should I just bite the bullet and re-do my pages to accommodate the new events plugin :)

Thanks!

#93 2007-02-06 23:56:45

squaredeye
Website

the events are removed from zem_event_list when they become out dated.
If you are just using the events plugin and not a traditional article list, then there’s no need to use any time attribute at all, just use your zem_event_list as your “article list” tag and when the dates have past they will not be visible.

Matthew

#94 2007-02-08 17:17:36

Zanza
Plugin Author
Website

Is there a way to let user subscribe to events? Maybe a (modified?) comment function?

It would be great to add this capability for at least two scenarios:

1. Live events like conferences or courses, where the room seats are limited and you want to be sure do assign seats to registered users first.
  2. If events are used for exams, students may subscribe to exam by commenting.

Does it make sense? Bye

Z-

Last edited by Zanza (2007-02-08 17:24:33)

#95 2007-02-08 18:49:26

WebKat

It’s becoming tempting to uninstall this plugin and give up. I just can’t follow the documentation, and there are such strange behaviors that I can’t explain… like on the calendar, for the navigation, the way I set up the tag was like this: <txp:zem_event_calendar_nav prev="&larr; Previous Month | " next=" | Next Month &rarr;" labeltag="strong" /> thinking that what I would get would be like this: ← Previous Month | February | Next Month → but instead what I get is | Next Month → February ← Previous Month | which makes no sense to me at all, and I can’t figure out why it does that. It also repeats the month name right below that at the top of the calendar, which I can’t figure out how to remove (I either want it removed from the nav or removed from the calendar… it looks bad to have it twice). I also can’t figure out how to format the date to say, for example, 7:30pm I can get it to say 07:30:00 and that’s about as close as I can get. I don’t want the leading zero, I need to remove the seconds, and I need to add am/pm. How do I do that?

WebKat

#96 2007-02-08 18:56:03

renobird
Website

OpalCat,

Hang in there.

Here’s some help on the date formatting:
<txp:zem_event_date format=”%I %p” />

The formating is based on strftime()
http://us3.php.net/strftime

Tom