Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#37 2007-01-29 16:03:41

squaredeye
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] zem_event [flexible integrated event management]

naoj77,
You can get the rss feed the way you would any other feed, by grabbing it from your “events” section for instance then use something like bit_rss plugin (sorry no time to find link :) to pull it into another txp install.

M

#38 2007-01-29 16:08:54

naoj77

ma_smith dijo:

naoj77,
You can get the rss feed the way you would any other feed, by grabbing it from your “events” section for instance then use something like bit_rss plugin (sorry no time to find link :) to pull it into another txp install.

M

Yes, but the feed rss shows the information by order of the date of publication and not for the date of the event, which is the one that I want..

the example is in http://www.webmusicae.com/acm/txp/agenda

thanks a lot

#39 2007-01-29 16:12:05

squaredeye
Website

naoj77,
I’d guess this is added functionality, I will ask TeamTextpattern, but if you are truly in need of it, email me and let me know how much you’re willing to pay for the functionality and I’ll check with Team Textpattern about adding it.

#40 2007-01-30 21:41:02

zem
Developer Emeritus

2b: you could create a special section for your event articles (called, say, ‘event’), and turn off all the search/feed/on front page settings for that section. Use a special template for that section with the appropriate zem_event tags, and just leave out most of the article title/excerpt/body tags.

Alex

#41 2007-01-31 14:03:15

squaredeye
Website

Some of you have written about fields being autocompleted. Alex and I are both reluctant to believe that this is due to the plugin, though anything is possible, and would suggest you do several things as we try to track this down.

1) please tell us the browser/build you are using
2) look at the extensions / add ons for the browser you are using
3) look at your overall system preferences in terms of auto-completion and assess if you have anything of that nature turned on
4) observe other types of forms that might keep their data.
5) let us know which specific fields retain their data (is it all of them?, just the event fields?)
6) which host/type of server PHP/MYSQL set up are you running.
7) and anything else you can think of that might mess with this.

Thx.

Matthew

#42 2007-01-31 19:18:10

jstubbs
Website

Thanks for this plugin. It takes a while to get the hang of, but seems like a great addition!

One quick question: How does one get the mini-calendar to work properly? The example tags on your link page:
http://txp.squaredeye.com/zem_event_examples/mini-calendar
only outputs the calendar, but not a next/prev arrow like on your example page. How to get that outputted?

#43 2007-01-31 20:16:21

squaredeye
Website

jstubbs,
:) thanks for pointing that out.

the <txp:zem_event_calendar_nav class="minical_nav"/> works on both large and small calendars as well as the event list.

Matthew

#44 2007-01-31 20:31:30

jstubbs
Website

Eh thanks Mathew! The plugin is clearly really good but its not very clear how to do things, and all the available tags are not listed…..Alex’s site does not give much detail either. The TextBook entries are very helpful. Will the help text in the plugin be added, or is this a question of a donation to develop the plugin further?

Back to my previous post – I have this now in a sidebar:

<div class=“small box”>
<h2>mini calendar</h2>
<txp:zem_event_calendar_nav class=“minical_nav”/>
<txp:zem_event_mini_calendar />
</div>

The next/prev arrow works fine to go through the months, but my event does not show up on the date in question (5 Feb) in the calendar itself. On your example the date of the event is bold/blue with a grey BG. I missed something??

#45 2007-01-31 20:37:56

squaredeye
Website

jstubbs wrote:

The plugin is clearly really good but its not very clear how to do things, and all the available tags are not listed…..Alex’s site does not give much detail either. The TextBook entries are very helpful. Will the help text in the plugin be added, or is this a question of a donation to develop the plugin further?

I’m sure Alex would write some great documentation if folks were willing to pay for it. There were several LARGE donors for this project who put up $300-1000 each. Those of us who already donated are kinda spent, so we won’t be able to add more. If you’d like to see some documentation and examples, I’m sure it could be done for about $100-200? (assuming similar rates for documentation as coding?)

I missed something??

Probably. Have you used my styling from that page? The plugin only gives you the hooks for you to style it. Check your source code and go from there.

#46 2007-01-31 21:43:38

jstubbs
Website

jstubbs wrote:

The next/prev arrow works fine to go through the months, but my event does not show up on the date in question (5 Feb) in the calendar itself. On your example the date of the event is bold/blue with a grey BG. I missed something??

Its not a styling issue, the event does not display in the mini calendar. For example, in yours, you have:
<td class=“full”><a class=”“ href=“http://txp.squaredeye.com/zem_event_examples/?date=2007-01-23”>23</a></td>

In mine:
<td>5</td>

In other words, the event does not show (although it shows fine in the large calendar) and in addition, a class of “full” or “empty” is not defined.

#47 2007-01-31 23:19:52

nardo

don’t have time right now to give u good troubleshooting feedback but on my test install – an event would show up on the main calendar but not on the mini calendar … suspect it’s something similar to jstubbs’ prob … also autocompletion happening here on PC FF 1.5.0.9 … server is Textdrive

promise to provide more complete feedback in near future

#48 2007-02-01 02:41:52

squaredeye
Website

jstubbs and nardo,
Good feedback, thanks.

Are either of you supplying the minicalendar with a section attribute? Curious.

For the autocompletion, we’ll need more to work with :) (as Nardo, you’ve realized :)

Board footer