Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#37 2006-11-10 20:37:43

lee

Re: Ebl_batchupload

I have exactly the same problem as Michael.

#38 2006-11-10 20:41:40

saccade
Plugin Author

@lee
crosspost :-) (referred problem in post #34)
This problem was solved by soulship.
Do you have also the same problem as in post #36?

#39 2006-11-10 21:17:34

saccade
Plugin Author

After fiddling around a while with big files I can specify the following:
The first image will be uploaded completely, message “uploading files …” and the progress bar is working (I tested with a 1,7 MB image) and THEN the HTTP 404 Error message appears. The rest of files seem to be ignored (of course due to the message).

#40 2006-11-10 21:22:22

soulship
Website

I have it working well here. This sounds goofy, but are you sure that the batchupload folder is CHMOD 777? (Mine works 755 as well) Is this in the top level installation?

Also how about smaller files are they working? Is the system ram on your server/db server limited?

Last edited by soulship (2006-11-10 21:23:47)

#41 2006-11-10 21:25:58

saccade
Plugin Author

I seem to have found and solved the problem:

I first created a directory “batchupload” as mentioned in the installing instructions 1.
But the PluginCode specifies the used directory in line 1 (or 2) as “batchUploads”.

Creating a new directory (I think renaming will work as well) “batchUploads” (also of course set to 777) solved the problem!

Didn’t check yet whether a “batchupload” is needed as well.

@soulship
I began with very small files. Settings to 777 were correct all the time. Limits didn’t play a role. But it is quite right to ask. Thank you for helping.

Last edited by saccade (2006-11-10 21:39:47)

#42 2006-11-10 21:50:34

saccade
Plugin Author

Wow, it is working pretty well!

Now I also verified for the subdirectory installation.
Indeed it has nothing to do with top/subdirectory, it was the correct directory name.

This time I tried renaming batchupload -> batchUploads and it worked.
(There is no “batchupload”-directory any more.)

And of course soulships solution is essential: upload.swf in the textpattern-directory
(not in the “batchupload/batchUploads”. I tried the later, but it brings back the first problem).

Last edited by saccade (2006-11-10 21:51:47)

#43 2006-11-10 21:52:50

hakjoon
Website

I was having the same problem. Renaming batchupload to batchUploads did the trick.

Shoving is the answer – pusher robot

#44 2006-11-11 05:06:25

TheEric
Plugin Author

Ok. Sorry, I’ve been away from the computer for a bit today (and tomorrow as well)

• Yes, a version that will load language paremeters is in the works (as soon as I get back to work on Monday)
  • The upload.swf must be in the actual textpattern directory (for example: yourdomain.com/textpattern/ – In the same directory as you find the publish/include/lib/ directories.
  • If after uploading the image, you get a 404 erorr, then the batchUpload directory is not setup correctly. This directory must also reside in the textpattern directory and be chmod 777’d
  • Use debug if you get ERR notices following image processing.
  • In isolated instances, there may be a memory issue with the processing of images (due to hosts that set REALLY low mem limits), if you encounter these, let me know. I have a revision with a neat couple of phpini tricks that should solve anything of that sort
  • If you get an error 403, then the processing directory does not have the proper permissions.
  • If you’re getting a error 404, then the processing (batchUpload) folder cannot be found.

The processing directory can be changed (by changing the name batchUpload from below), if you desire, but it still must reside within the textpattern directory.

/** Temporary Location to process uploaded images. MUST be writable. **/
$GLOBALS[‘upload_dir’] = “batchUpload”;

Also note, the directory needs to be batchUpload – Sorry for the intercap. I’ll fix this in the upload tomorrow.

Last edited by TheEric (2006-11-11 05:15:16)

#45 2006-11-11 21:03:40

fpradignac
Plugin Author
Website

Try your plugin and it works fine with TXP 4.0.4.
But have no chance with TXP 4.0.3 : no categories in the list and no error message.

françois

#46 2006-11-13 16:40:58

hakjoon
Website

This works great. I had couple ideas for small future features.

1. it would be nice to set defaults for resizing and thumb sizes. That way we wouldn’t have to remember what we used before if we have stabdard sizes.
    1. Along those lines it would be nice to be able to hide those controls from less priviledged authors. Although I think having defaults makes this not as necessary
  2. the only real annoyance is having to refresh the images tab to see the images that got uploaded. I don’t know if this is possible to do from actionscript but maybe refresh the opening window when the uploads complete? Another option could be to simply add a Close window button that will refresh teh opener. I quickly hacked this together and it seems to work fairly well.

I simply added this to ebl_showUploadSWF before the closing </div>

'<p style="text-align:center">'.
'<input type="button" value="Close Window" onclick="window.opener.location.reload();window.close();" />'.
'</p>'.

seems to work. Ideally it’d be nice to not have to require clicking the specific button but it’s a quick fix for not having to remember to hit refresh.

Last edited by hakjoon (2006-11-13 16:48:58)

Shoving is the answer – pusher robot

#47 2006-11-13 17:41:12

TheEric
Plugin Author

fpradignac wrote:

Try your plugin and it works fine with TXP 4.0.4. But have no chance with TXP 4.0.3 : no categories in the list and no error message.

What exactly is it doing? Is it just not showing any categories, or is it doing something more? I’ve tested this plugin with both versions and it’s worked well. Are you sure upload.swf is placed within your textpattern directory?

- Eric

#48 2006-11-13 17:51:29

TheEric
Plugin Author

hakjoon wrote:

1. it would be nice to set defaults for resizing and thumb sizes. That way we wouldn’t have to remember what we used before if we have stabdard sizes.

It does have default sizes if nothing is entered into the width/size fields for each option. Resizing defaults to 640×480, and thumbnailing defaults to 100×100

1. Along those lines it would be nice to be able to hide those controls from less priviledged authors. Although I think having defaults makes this not as necessary

Good Idea, although it can be a bit difficult to implement. I’ll look into this and see if I can have this working for the next revision.

1. the only real annoyance is having to refresh the images tab to see the images that got uploaded. I don’t know if this is possible to do from actionscript but maybe refresh the opening window when the uploads complete? Another option could be to simply add a Close window button that will refresh teh opener. I quickly hacked this together and it seems to work fairly well.

This is something that bugged me and I haven’t really come up with a decent solution yet. I’m thinking that in the next release, there will no longer be a popup window and that the flash file will be integrated into the images page directly, and replace the existing upload option.

This should make refreshing easier upon a successful upload. Of course, I’m a really bad javascript programmer, so that might take a while.

Last edited by TheEric (2006-11-13 17:54:56)

Board footer