Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#49 2006-10-20 09:06:08

jelle

Re: [archived] gbp_l10n - Multilingual Publishing

greame (or anyone else) do you have gbp_admin_library version 0.1 for me, I can’t seem to get this running. Before (2 weeks ago) it worked like a charm. Now all I get is a corrupt textpattern installation throwing errors (see prev post)

Last edited by jelle (2006-10-20 09:07:07)

#50 2006-10-20 15:40:52

graeme
Plugin Author
Website

jelle wrote:

greame (or anyone else) do you have gbp_admin_library version 0.1 for me, I can’t seem to get this running. Before (2 weeks ago) it worked like a charm. Now all I get is a corrupt textpattern installation throwing errors (see prev post)

Sorry I missed your last post – you can get v0.1 of my admin library from here

#51 2006-10-28 08:27:44

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

All

This plugin has been under active development for the past few months and has now entered testing with the individuals who initiated this phase of the development.

We hope to make an announcement soon regarding how we intend to release this. We’ll probably be starting a new thread soon as the plugin has been renamed to a much simpler ‘l10n’ and we have started calling it an MLP Pack (for M ulti – L ingual P ublishing).

Here are a few screenshots to help you see what we have now. (Click on the images to enlarge)

A picture of the MLP article summary
Looking at a site summary. This screen can be filtered and used to delete translations/articles or clone published work for translation to other languages.

Editing a plugin's strings via the admin interface
Here I am editing the strings for the zem_contact_reborn language helper plugin. Yes, now you can edit plugin strings via the admin interface—providing the plugin meets certain standards for registering it’s strings. (The MLP Pack includes a replacement version of the Zem_contact_reborn language helper that registers its strings with l10n.)

Editing the l10n preferences
Editing the l10n preferences.

Editing snippets from the list of forms

Selecting snippets to be exported
Working with ‘snippets’.

Ok, that’s enough for now.

Regards,

Last edited by net-carver (2006-10-31 13:45:16)

Steve

#52 2006-10-30 09:14:41

vifort
Website

Hello,

This is AMAZING, STUNNING, BREATHTAKING (if my english is sort of correct way to express my feeling about this job).
Thanks all of you, this is a tremendous step forward for all of us working in a bi or tri-lingual country.

Thank you (again, sorry, U deserve it).

Cheers.

Vince.

#53 2006-10-30 11:37:52

fpradignac
Plugin Author
Website

Magnifique !!!

françois

#54 2006-10-30 19:50:59

jelle

Wow great! And this community is amazing. Everything I can think of is already developed or in development.

#55 2006-10-31 09:43:53

Pat64
Plugin Author
GitHub Twitter

… In French : Wow!
… In Deutch : Wow!
… In Arabic : Wow!
… etc… :)

Finaly : Great wok!

Patrick.

Github | CodePen | Codier | Simplr theme | Wait Me: a maintenance theme | [\a mi.ni.ma]: a “Low Tech” simple Blog theme.

#56 2006-11-01 22:08:30

beztak
Website

It looks absolutly beautifull… I need it, I want it. I’m looking forward for your update… THX.

#57 2006-11-13 18:54:35

marios
Archived Plugin Author

Terrific Work.

regards, marios

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#58 2006-11-15 11:18:57

jelle

Is there a ETA for the release of this plugin?

#59 2006-11-16 20:46:07

Destry
Website

jelle wrote:

Is there a ETA for the release of this plugin?

Don’t mean to speak for Steve and Graeme, but repeating what I’ve seen around…the plugin is under “sponsor” review (play and feedback period). After that is the tweaking period, I suppose. Then the ransom…er…donation…period which should be the largest one the community has seen yet, AFAIC.

#60 2006-12-15 09:50:49

net-carver
Archived Plugin Author

All

it’s been a while since I updated the forum on the progress of the MLP Pack so I guess it’s time for a post about it.

The pack is basically done now and the functionality has expanded somewhat since the previous post with the screenshots. I have finished working on optimisations now and already have a basic demo site online on top of TxP 4.0.4 and the MLP Pack. I’ll start a thread in “Let’s See Yours, Then” (probably on Monday now) when I’ve localised the section/category/link/file/image strings.

Admin Side Features…

• Each TxP user can choose their own admin language — and switch between admin languages at will.
  • Support for localisation of plugin strings via the admin interface (at last, no editing of source files!)
  • Ability to search for, and edit, any TxP language string by name or by content — in any of the languages supported by the site.
    • Also allows quick location of strings with missing renditions in any language.
  • Support for ‘snippets’ to simplify page/form editing and writing. Snippets are similar to the txp:text tag in that they reference localised strings from the txp_lang table. However, snippets can be used as attributes to other tags — allowing you to localise any string attribute.
  • Snippets can be entered in RTL or LTR mode (JS to toggle between the two.)
  • Write tab now allows title/body/excerpt and preview in RTL as well as LTR mode.
  • Import/export of your plugin strings or snippets so you can upload to live sites or share with others.
  • Export of TxP strings using the TxP language file format for distribution to other/devs.
  • Support for articles as groups of renditions.
  • Support for cloning of renditions and their translation into other languages using the existing write tab.
  • Email notifications sent to translators when articles are cloned or have their author changed.
  • Extra filtering of the list of renditions by language.
  • No hijacking of existing fields (sections/categories/custom fields) to store language information, so you are free to use the section/categories/custom fields in your application.
  • Full localisation of the following fields…
    • Category titles
    • Section titles
    • Image alt text and captions
    • Link descriptions
    • File descriptions
  • Setup and Cleanup wizards.

Public side Features…

• Detection of the language the user wants to view a site in via the url or browser headers.
  • URLs re-written so that browser caches know the difference between the renditions of articles in different languages.
  • Automatic selection of the correct renditions of snippets in pages and forms.
  • Fully functional search/commenting/feeds for each language the site supports.
  • Localised (and direction adjusted) feeds.
  • Localised categories, sections, file & link descriptions, image alt text & captions.
  • 404 support for finding renditions that are not available in the requested language.
  • A tag to list all available renditions of a given article and allow switching between them.
  • Tags for accessing language codes and direction information.
  • Conditional tag for testing the visitor’s language or the directionality of the language.

Last edited by net-carver (2006-12-19 08:20:59)

Steve

Board footer