Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#109 2006-09-19 18:41:15

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] rss_admin_db_manager - database backups and more

This might be a combination of several effects, just like the ones I experienced back then. Try following Sencer’s suggestion and remove/rename your .htaccess file while trying to do the backup.

You might spot server error messages which are otherwise hidden by a 404 error induced by a missing error document for the originating error.

#110 2006-09-22 03:25:31

deronsizemore

Robert,

Where is the .htaccess file at? In the root directory, or are their more elsewhere? I don’t want to choose the wrong one and really mess something up.

Here is another thread I started because I hadn’t got any replies in this one for a while http://forum.textpattern.com/viewtopic.php?id=18693

Kinda gives an idea of what I’ve tried. I guess I can just use phpmyadmin on my cpanel, but it’s a little confusing for me. I can follow the tuturial for it that someone wrote in the txp wiki (I think that’s where it’s at) but I don’t really understand a lot of what’s happening and why I’m doing what I’m doing. Having this plugin would be much easier as I don’t really need to learn anything, lol.

I just got your email today Robert, I’ll contact you tomorrow with a login…thanks again!

#111 2006-09-22 05:00:40

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

.htaccess is at the root of your Textpattern installation, which is the folder containg a file named ‘index.php’ plus a subfolder named ‘textpattern’. This is probably also the root of your webspace if you haven’t installed Textpattern into a subfolder.

If you haven’t modified .htaccess, its contents look like this

#112 2006-09-22 12:35:20

deronsizemore

So I will need to rename both the .htaccess’? The one in the root directory plus the .htaccess in textpattern subfolder?

Sorry I just want to be clear so I don’t completely mess something up (if that’s even possible doing what I’m going to do?)

Thanks.

#113 2006-09-24 23:44:14

KB

Hi,

How can I correct

BACKUP FAILED. ERROR NO: 127”
and
“No such file or directory in /usr/local/ … path …/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(459) : eval()’d code on line 82”

Many thanks

#114 2006-10-17 09:35:30

mwillse
Website

Hello, I’m getting a error when trying to restore from a db backup. it simply reports: unable to restore: 1

In debug mode, it shows: mysql -hXXX.XXX.XXX.XX -uXXXXX -pXXXXX thirdwav < /path/web/files/1161076480-thirdwave.sql

This backup is from another host following these instructions from GraphicPush for moving an install from one host to another. I’ve used this method before without any trouble.

On the new host, I tested that the plugin is working with a local backup. Using dummy content, the restore succeeds and reports the same thing: mysql -hXXX.XXX.XXX.XX -uXXXXX -pXXXXX thirdwav < /path/web/files/1161076924-thirdwav.sql

Any suggestions? thanks in advance. More details below…

new host is running MySQL v4.1.20-standard
old host is running MySQL v4.1.20-log

content of the new host’s bkup file begins:
<pre>— MySQL dump 8.23

— Host: XXX.XXX.XXX.XX Database: thirdwav
————————————————————————————-
— Server version 4.1.20-standard

— Table structure for table `textpattern`
—</pre>

old host bkup file begins differently:
<pre>— MySQL dump 10.9

— Host: localhost Database: thirdwave
— ———————————————————————————
— Server version 4.1.20-log

/*!40101 SET OLD_CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT=@CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT */;
/*!40101 SET OLD_CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS=@CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS */;
/*!40101 SET OLD_COLLATION_CONNECTION=@COLLATION_CONNECTION */;
/*!40101 SET NAMES utf8 */;
/*!40014 SET OLD_UNIQUE_CHECKS=@UNIQUE_CHECKS, UNIQUE_CHECKS=0 */;
/*!40014 SET OLD_FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=@FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS, FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=0 */;
/*!40101 SET OLD_SQL_MODE=@SQL_MODE, SQL_MODE=‘NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO’ */;
/*!40111 SET OLD_SQL_NOTES=@SQL_NOTES, SQL_NOTES=0 */;
</pre>

Can I manually alter the old host’s backup to get this to work?

thanks again…

(thnx Wet. been a late nite and long week!)

Last edited by mwillse (2006-10-17 10:02:26)

#115 2006-10-17 09:52:19

wet
Developer Emeritus
Website Mastodon

You are disclosing usernames and passwords here: -pXXXXXXXXX

#116 2006-10-18 18:08:44

mwillse
Website

Using phpmyadmin to import the tables manually, I found that that the problem was with LOCK TABLES `textpattern` WRITE;. I didn’t have easy access to new bkups, so I commented out all the lines that would lock and unlock. It didn’t seem to matter whether rss_admin_db_manager was set to lock or not for the restore. I’m not sure if it was the plugin or mysql. Either way, for anyone out there similarly stuck, dropping those lines for each table did the trick.

#117 2006-10-18 18:12:44

wilshire
Plugin Author
Website

I would guess that the issue was caused by the fact that your old host uses MySQL dump 8.23 and your new host uses MySQL dump 10.9. Maybe the MySQL dump documentation will indicate how to restore a database that was backed up using an older version of MySQL dump.

#118 2006-10-21 01:17:20

deronsizemore

Ok I’m back again in this thread with still the same problems as before. I’ve done everything that everyone has told me to do but nothing works. I renamed the .htaccess file and tried the backup and got this:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@kentuckygolfing.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

So does anyone have any ideas what the problem is by looking at that?

#119 2006-11-19 19:21:25

RedFox
Website

I have the same error 127 as @KB … some help, please!

ERROR 127
Warning: unlink(/home/httpd/vhosts/dagmarbaumann.nl/httpdocs/txp/files/1163964181-txp.sql): Onbekend bestand of map in /home/httpd/vhosts/dagmarbaumann.nl/httpdocs/txp/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(459) : eval()’d code on line 82

[edit]
In this case I know now that the FAQ of www.webreus.nl (provider) says that connecting to MySQL via an external app is not allowed. And that gives the error!

[edit]
The same with www.pxextreme.nl and www.digitalus.nl … securityproblems. Is there a provider in the Netherlands that does give that service?

Last edited by RedFox (2007-01-08 08:40:09)

#120 2006-11-23 13:46:57

merz1
Website

FYI: Textpattern Database Manager Plugin Updates

A small update to the rss_admin_db_manager has been published. The updates include a couple of new features:

• The ability to repair all tables at one table rather than having to repair them individually
  • The ability to backup a single table rather than your entire database.
  • Quote table names to fix a potential bug (thanks Steve)

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

Board footer