Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2006-07-26 12:46:52

cbeyls
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Re: [plugin] [ORPHAN] cbs_live_search

Thanks for pointing this little bug, I had not noticed that because it was the latest piece of code I have changed before the release.

I’ll fix that today or tomorrow.

My plugins : cbs_live_search (improved) – cbs_category_list – cbs_navigation_menu – cbs_gravatar (updated) – cbs_article_index – cbs_maintenance_mode (new) – cbs_section_language (new)

#14 2006-07-26 14:27:48

Fredb7

Thanks cbeyls.

One more little thing:
When using the default break, the script line in the source includes <code>”<br />”</code> instead of <code>“br”</code>. This doesn’t change anything except the xhtml fails to validate. Giving a <code>break=“br”</code> argument fixes it.

As a side note, I had to change the livesearch_resetimage img to a div in livesearch.js to be able to change the image with css when style-switching.

Last edited by Fredb7 (2006-07-26 14:28:21)

#15 2006-07-26 18:14:58

cbeyls
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Okay, I have fixed both issues. As for the images, normally it is possible to style them individually (I did it successfully). If you want them to be displayed as a div, you can use <code>display: block;</code> in your CSS. I will post a message once the new release is online.

My plugins : cbs_live_search (improved) – cbs_category_list – cbs_navigation_menu – cbs_gravatar (updated) – cbs_article_index – cbs_maintenance_mode (new) – cbs_section_language (new)

#16 2006-07-27 00:13:20

cbeyls
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Plugin upgraded.

#17 2006-07-27 23:31:04

Fredb7

Thanks cbeyls. Working fine!

About the images. I meant “using a different image depending on the user selected style”. Maybe there is a trick I don’t know that can achieve that.. No big deal anyway.

BTW, I just notice we’re both belgian and speaking french;) . Encore merci.

#18 2006-07-31 14:39:09

cbeyls
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Ok now I understand your idea of using CSS to style the images instead of specifying it in the XHTML img src attribute. It’s not a bad one but it may seem more difficult for the user to configure these div’s so they align properly and have the right dimensions and less “natural” than a img tag that does this automatically.

Also, I have never tried to put an animated GIF as background image of a div with CSS. Is the GIF still animated in all browsers?

Et oui, petit bonjour de Belgique où le temps se rafraîchit ce qui permet d’être un peu plus actif :)

Last edited by cbeyls (2006-07-31 14:41:20)

#19 2006-07-31 17:23:29

Fredb7

It was just a side note, I don’t think you should change the img. I just have to change two lines in the js. No big deal.
I just use the close img, not a spinner, but I tried an animated as a div background and it’s working in Mozilla browsers at least.

Thanks again, I’ll post the address when the site is online.

#20 2006-08-07 14:32:19

Catalyst
Website

This looks like it may be just what I am after, but don’t you just know it, it is giving me a headache already and I haven’t even installed it yet.

I had a small problem recently, where my site acted very weirdly when I tried to write an article with the word ‘curl’ in it. It kept kicking me out and giving me all sorts of funny problems.

As I consequence, I do not use the word ‘curl’. However, when trying to install your plugin, I am getting these same problems appearing, so before attempting to going any further, I was hoping you could let me know if the plugin has the word ‘curl’ in it too?

If so, at least I know and can move on to the next step of trying to resolve this issue.

Edit: Resolved the problem by editing the .htaccess file. Thanks. Sorry to bother you.

Last edited by Catalyst (2006-08-07 21:07:45)

#21 2006-08-10 04:06:19

cbeyls
Archived Plugin Author
Website

No, this plugin does not use the PHP curl functions. And it does not use the word “curl” but I don’t understand why this would cause you problems. Anyway, if you fixed your problem then it’s okay.

#22 2006-08-13 12:08:14

Catalyst
Website

Now that I have it all sorted on one site, on another, it simply does not want to play nicely. I have checked and double-checked that all is in place and yet the java doesn’t appear to be active.

The site I am trying to implemt it on is http://thatictguy.com

Any ideas Christophe? Any help would be much appreciated.

#23 2006-08-14 03:50:15

rsilletti

I added a labeltag attribute to the cbs_live_search function and added this:

<code>
.’<div>’.($label ? ‘<label for=“livesearch_text”><’ .$labeltag. ‘>’.$label.’</’.$labeltag.’></label>’ : ‘’)
</code>

to the label definition. It behaves more like the rest of my textpattern tags that way, its working well for me. Its running at Textcastle

This is lovely!

#24 2006-08-16 10:51:10

cbeyls
Archived Plugin Author
Website

@ Catalyst:

At first guess I would say that it doesn’t work for two reasons. When I look at the HTML source of your website:
1) You include prototype.js AFTER you include moo.fx.js . The problem is that moo.fx relies on prototype, so you have to include prototype.js first, and moo.fx.js after, and finally livesearch.js.
2) You include the live search script twice. The first time in livesearch.js, the second time in cbs_live_search.js. Both scripts define the same class, so it’s not going to work.

Board footer