Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#37 2006-07-19 11:36:06

brain

Re: kml_flashembed: Kimili Flash Embed

hi
i can’t get the express install function to work
i v’è upped and included the expressinstall.as moved to second frame the content of the movie include in the tag in the article the attribute “expressinstall=“true” etc.
http://www.canaletto.demonweb.co.uk/artmedia/
the movie works but the updating feature no
some idea ?
thanks in advance

#38 2006-07-19 12:33:55

kimili
Plugin Author
Website

@Brain – In order for the express install to work, a visitor to the site needs at least the Flash Player version 6.0.65. Additionally, your flash movie needs to be published as version 7 or above. Should those 2 conditions be fulfilled, the express install will work. On your page, the flash is published as version 6 (which, by the way, has approximately a 97% penetration rate). If somebody comes to the site with a flash 5 player (or no flash player), they won’t get the express install functionality. So as you can see, the name “Express Install” is a little misleading – it’s really an “Express Upgrade”.

In any case, you should provide non-flash content in the form of html within the div (or whatever element) you’re writing the flash to. If the flash content can be displayed, it will overwrite any html you put within the target div.

Cheers!
Michael

#39 2006-08-25 14:22:00

sthmtc
Website

thanks for the plugin, i was just testing it a little bit, then changed something in my .swf file and now i cant get it to work anymore. (strange, i know). i’m trying this on a clean txp test install

in the article form i’m using:

<code> <txp:kml_flashembed movie=“http://dev.750frames.com/clean/files/untitled.swf” height=“200” width=“300” fvars=” title = $title ; excerpt = $excerpt “ /></code>

could someone give me a hint what i might be doing wrong concerning the flash file? i normally dont work with flash, therefore i’m a real newbie at these things.

i was so happy that it worked once, but what the heck is going on now?

i’d be more than happy to get a little help from you guys or maybe an example .fla (the one from geoff stearns site wont open here (flash mx2004))

#40 2006-08-30 17:38:48

alexandra

hi sthmc,
would you mind sending the plugin over to me (post[a]kbbu.de) ? i will have a go with it. right now there is not download possible from the authors site :(

#41 2006-11-08 10:00:27

bartekk

I have a problem with an update from version 0.4 to 1.1

I tried to update the plugin on txp 4.0.3 and get this error:
Parse error: parse error, expecting `’,’‘ or `’)’‘ in /home/httpd/vhosts/mydomain.com/httpdocs/entextpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(459) : eval()’d code(286) : eval()’d code on line 1

the usage is as follows:
<txp:kml_flashembed movie=“http://www.mydomain.com/swf/my.swf” height=“191” width=“780” target=“headerimage” fversion=“7.0” menu=“false” bgcolor=”#f6f6da” wmode=“opaque” quality=“best” fvars=” section = $s; category = $c; site_url = $siteurl; path_url = /images/content/; image_url = header.jpg “/>

Last edited by bartekk (2006-11-08 10:01:43)

#42 2006-11-08 15:51:23

teaboy

Has been a while since I’ve developed in textpattern, and am having a problem with this tag on a site I’m working on.

I have got it working when hardcoding what’s in the movie field, but I’d like to use custom fields to store the URL of the movie (either the absolute URL or just a filename). I’m using <txp:kml_flashembed movie="<txp:custom_field name="video" />" height="405" width="622" /> but that isn’t working.

Anyone have any ideas?

#43 2006-11-08 15:57:55

sthmtc
Website

teaboy wrote:

Anyone have any ideas?

seems that you’re running into the “tag in tag” problem. might help to take a look at this

#44 2006-11-08 16:00:07

teaboy

Now that was fast. Thanks!

Edit: worked like a charm. Ideally I’ll be using one SWF and passing the URL for the video using flashvars, but I’m not sure how to do that at the moment, and the site needs to be live so this is a good stopgap until then

Last edited by teaboy (2006-11-08 16:06:24)

#45 2007-02-05 00:46:05

fuls
Website

Hi,

I’m using slideshow pro for my portfolio projects and I’ve dynamically assigned XML file and using just one .swf file.
I’m using this method but wondering if there are any alternatives:

I put kimili plugin code in my articles and each article has differrent: fvars=” xmlfile = absolute/path/to/file.xml ”

I’d like to know is there another solution that can put the plugin code out of the article?

Another approach (but then again I don’t know if that’s possible) would be to create a .swf for every project, create a custom field “slideshow” and then call the id of uploaded .swf file inside the article + put the plugin code inside the form and use fvars with custom field…

Any solutions are welcome.

Thanks!

#46 2007-02-06 21:33:28

kimili
Plugin Author
Website

Hi Everyone –

Just a post to let you know that I’ve just released an updated version of KFE. The major improvements are:

• Proper posting of your SWFs in RSS and Atom feeds.
  • Improved fvars parsing that now allows you to pass in a URL with a query string or a JSON object as a parameter value.
  • A new attribute – targetclass – which applies a class name to the target <div> element in which your SWF renders.
  • Javascript updated to the latest version of SWFObject

You can grab it now: Kimili Flash Embed for Textpattern v1.2

Cheers!
Michael

#47 2007-02-07 16:26:36

nejra
Website

When I install your new plug-in, my flash files won’t work in IE7. It still works in ie6/firefox pc and safari/firefox mac.

It displays a text “we’re currently in a site”. When I copy the phpcode from version 1.1 it works like a charm. Can’t seem to figure out why it doesn’t work, but I thought I just let you know.

#48 2007-02-09 12:54:38

kimili
Plugin Author
Website

Thanks, Nejra – You found a bit of my debug code that was hidden deep in the file. It’s been removed and the download has been updated.

As for IE7, it seem to be exhibiting a bizarre behaivor where the Javascript breaks when its being read in from the php file. The same JS, though, read in from a plain .JS file works fine.

It’s going to take some more investigation to get to the bottom of that one…

Thanks,
Michael

Board footer