Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#73 2006-04-28 23:42:28

Rachel Rachel

Re: tru_tags: A tagging plugin for textpattern

ok. this sounds stupid. but. i’m trying to install this plugin, and i keep getting a 403 forbidden error after copy-and-pasting the text and then hitting Upload.

now, before you run me off with shouts of ‘stfu n00b!’, i have tried uploading other plugins and they work fine, so i think something’s up with this one… any ideas? (i’m trying to install the copy found here)

edited to add:
if this helps, i tried installing earlier versions of the plugins… 0.9-1.1 installed okay, but 1.2 and later gave me the 403.

Last edited by Rachel Rachel (2006-04-29 00:01:55)

#74 2006-05-01 21:06:33

titox

Hello everybody,

I’ve been playing with this plugin for a while and I realised that it has no support for special and international characters.

If you look to this site, you’ll notice that in the top tag cloud some characters look broken, like diseÑo grÁfico, rÓtulos, so the links to those tags don´t work too. I’ve tried to solve this entering the special chars in the tags in their HEX values directly in the Keywords Input Box, it seems to work but then I get a url like this http://trinamita.es/?s=tag&t=música , wich doesn’t work at all.

I’ve read in this thread that some swedish guys were having similar problems with the special chars when writting swedish tags and using this plugin.

Does anybody know a solution for this? Will the plugin author add “international support” for this plugin?

Thanks in advance and looking foward a solution

- If anybody wonders, my database, my server and my charset are set to utf-8

Last edited by titox (2006-05-01 21:09:06)

#75 2006-05-03 15:27:01

kusor
Website

The problem with locales different from english can be fixed using mb_strtolower instead of strtolower due to the last one does string comparission based on the current active locale, which will be es_ES.UTF8 for spanish and en_GB.UTF8 for english.

Since Textpattern uses UTF-8, you can call mb_strtolower($rs[$tags_field],"UTF-8") instead of strtolower($row[$tags_field]) and everything will be OK. Indeed, it should be desirable to use multibyte strings when they’re available, instead of the traditional ones.

#76 2006-05-03 19:00:18

truist
Plugin Author
Website

Just a quick note to everybody – I know I’ve been silent for a while, and I apologize for that. I’ll be working on updates/fixes tonight and this weekend, so we should be able to fix most of this stuff.

nicklas – can you post or email the code changes you made?

rachel rachel – can you give any more detail? I assume that you’re not copying the instructional text at the top, right? What’s the URL that gives the 403 error? Can you email a screenshot to me? I don’t have any great guesses about what your problem is, so I’m just grasping for more info.

#77 2006-05-04 14:13:02

merz1
Website

Ooops, I have just posted a comment on your page about the leading dash issue. Good that I have found that active thread here now :-) Looking forward to see a fix in the future.

Thanks for the plugin!!! Site navigation and intuitive research on the site is boosted with tru_tags – awesome!

Another question:

I am not getting the keywords to show up in meta description. Could some kind soul post an example of the header code to be implemented? I have also tried with <b>txp:keywords</b> but the tag is ignored. Do I have to escape parts of the code?

Last edited by merz1 (2006-05-04 14:13:55)

Get all online mentions of Textpattern via OPML subscription: TXP Info Sources: Textpattern RSS feeds as dynamic OPML

#78 2006-05-04 16:05:25

Rachel Rachel

nathan,

thanks for the reply (and for your e-mail). my problem is that, after copying and pasting the plugin code (only the hex gibberish, not the commented-out stuff) into the ‘Install plugin’ textbox and hitting Upload, i’m sent to a plain old ’403: forbidden’ error page (just the default page for my server, not anything Txp-related like a ‘Badly-formed code’ error message or whatever).

i tried uploading some of the earlier versions of the plugin, and they worked fine up to 1.1, then for 1.2 and up i got the same error.

i sort of fixed it in a ghetto way, meaning i ran the hex code for version 1.5 into a hex to ascii conversion thingy and then copied and pasted that into the ‘Edit plugin’ for version 1.1 that was running okay. but still, it’d be nice to have the ‘real’ version 1.5.

#79 2006-05-04 23:15:10

truist
Plugin Author
Website

Any chance there’s another plugin causing this problem? I’ll do a diff on the 1.1 -> 1.2 code and see if that gives me any ideas.

#80 2006-05-04 23:20:56

truist
Plugin Author
Website

1.2 was when clean url support was added, so that vaguely sounds like it might be related, but I can’t see anything in the code that would cause the problem. Can you check the server logs – maybe they have more detail?

#81 2006-05-05 00:10:36

Rachel Rachel

Any chance there’s another plugin causing this problem?

i don’t think so… i tried disabling all the other plugins and then uploading tru_tags, but i get the same error page.

Can you check the server logs – maybe they have more detail?

how do i access the server logs?

#82 2006-05-05 00:14:20

truist
Plugin Author
Website

how do i access the server logs?

Depends on where/how you host your site. That’s a tough question to answer, in general. Do you use a hosting service?

#83 2006-05-05 00:34:02

truist
Plugin Author
Website

I’ve released v1.6, which includes:

any tag that’s not the last (or only) one for any given entry is prefixed with ”-”

Fixed.

it appears that tru_tags doesn’t use the override form that I have specified with some articles

Fixed. It will automatically use the override form now. I took a gamble and this fix is not backwards compatible – the override form will always be used, if one is set.

it has no support for special and international characters

I made the fix suggested by kusor – hopefully that does it.

Also:

I added support for <code>rel=“nofollow”</code>, at the request of a user. It’s off by default. See the usage instructions for details.

I’ve had a few requests for a “related articles” feature. It looks like chh_related_articles will work with tru_tags, and it’s got lots ‘o features. If somebody tries it, please post and say if it worked.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to say nice things :)

Last edited by truist (2008-07-03 12:06:10)

#84 2006-05-05 00:51:04

Rachel Rachel

Depends on where/how you host your site. That’s a tough question to answer, in general. Do you use a hosting service?

i found some error logs in cPanel, but there isn’t anything related to the plugin.

Board footer