Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2006-02-07 00:43:35

benbruce
Plugin Author
Website

[archived] bab_eop : Email-on-Post for Textpattern

UPDATE Nov. 1, 2006

Notice: The successor to the EOP plugin can be found here.

Thanks,

– Ben

———————————————————————-

Get the plugin: http://www.benbruce.com/txp/bab_eop_v_0.2.txt

The Email-on-Post [EOP] plugin allows you to have your new posts emailed to your subscriber list. It adds a tab to your Textpattern admin interface, under the Extensions tab, that let’s you turn on and off the function, enter an admin email, enter an unsubscribe address, enter a custom subject line for your messages, and enter the name of a form [if you want to replace the default message form], where you can use several new tags to create a template.

EOP currently uses the Newsletter Manager [NM] plugin’s subscribe and unsubscribe functions. If you don’t have the NM installed, do so now.

See the help documentation for more information.

UPDATED 2/20:

• Added the ability to choose which database table to use [from either the Newsletter Manager’s “txp_subscribers,” ign_password_protect’s “ign_users,” or Textpattern’s own “txp_users”]
  • Added the ability to select a single section from which to EOP, if you wish.

Last edited by benbruce (2006-11-02 01:16:29)

#2 2006-02-07 01:03:08

RenJonsin
Website

Re: [archived] bab_eop : Email-on-Post for Textpattern

I’m getting this error on the admin side when I have this plugin activated —

Notice: unserialize(): Argument is not a string in /home/frontst/public_html/textpattern/lib/txplib_misc.php(459) : eval()’d code on line 120

Also I’m not seeing anything mailed yet.

Ren

#3 2006-02-07 04:57:39

benbruce
Plugin Author
Website

RenJonsin,

I think — based on what you’ve entered above — that you haven’t installed the preferences table. This was not made clear in the help or in the post above — I will update the help text to mention this first step. That warning shouldn’t appear, either — I’ll remove that with the next version as well, and make it more clear [ie, only show the “Install Table” link, if you haven’t installed the table].

In any case, surf to the eop admin page, and look just above where that warning is appearing, in the center. You should see an “Install Tables” link. Click that to install the table the script uses to remember your preferences.

Other possible reasons:

• Do you have “Email-on-post or no?” set to Yes?
  • Have you entered an admin email?
  • Do you have the Newsletter Manager installed?

Let me know how it goes.

– Ben

Last edited by benbruce (2006-02-07 21:29:13)

#4 2006-02-15 18:17:37

squaredeye
Website

Ben,
For the Email on Post plugin, is there a way to specify subscription and email on post?

In other words: What if someone wants to subscribe to your newsletter (newsletter section), but not to your news section or vice versa?

Does that makes sense?

Matthew

#5 2006-02-16 07:19:08

neomatrix

Does the form have to be an article form or it doesn’t matter?

#6 2006-02-20 20:37:43

benbruce
Plugin Author
Website

I’ve posted an update to EOP.

ma_smith, as of right now, there is no way to select choose one or the other from within the NM subscriber table — however, you may now use other tables as well. So you could use mem_self_register and have folks sign up there [that uses either the built-in textpattern table or “ign_users,” which is from the plugin ign_password_protect] and set EOP to use that table instead of the NM table. Then the newsletters would be using one table, and EOP would be using another. Ideally, you could set up some radio buttons or something on bab_subscribe that would let a user set some preferences. I’ve added a field in txp_subscribers which can hold subscriber preferences — so the next step would be to implement radio buttons and the rest, which i think is just a matter of grabbing them from zem_contact_reborn [which is how i got the bab_subscribe function in the first place].

neo_matrix, I don’t think there’s any limit on what type of form you use. Let me know if you run into trouble.

Last edited by benbruce (2006-02-21 21:49:52)

#7 2006-03-22 12:32:05

-jw-

Ben,

I found that EOP also emails an article when it has a status of draft. Would it be possible to only send the article when it has a status of published?

Maybe the EOP setting Email-on-post or no? could be moved to the article-tab?

textile deletes my identity

#8 2006-03-22 21:13:36

benbruce
Plugin Author
Website

Hmmm … I thought I had tested for emailing-on-draft but I guess not. I’ll look into it as soon as I can. As for adding the email-on-post button to the article page … that’s something to think about. Seems like it would be a really great way to do it but might be a lot more complicated as well. If I poke around and it looks like something that can be done with a limited amount of fuss, I’ll do it as soon as I can.

– Ben

#9 2006-04-10 06:59:41

M_i

Hi-

This is a wonderful plugin, thank you so much!

One question though: is it possible to select more than one section to email-on-post? It is possible to specify one section to email-on-post, or all, but I have two or three sections that I’d like to include.
I tried a comma separated list, but that resulted in no emails being sent at all.
What is the right syntax?

Thanks again-

Iris

#10 2006-11-02 01:16:42

benbruce
Plugin Author
Website

UPDATE Nov. 10, 2006

The successor to the EOP plugin can be found here. It has been updated to include an option to send HTML emails.

Thanks,

– Ben

Last edited by benbruce (2006-11-10 22:53:04)

Board footer