Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#25 2006-04-03 11:39:26

kimili
Plugin Author
Website

Re: kml_flashembed: Kimili Flash Embed

jebni – You should be able to pass any parameter to the flashObject code using the fvars attribute of the kml_flashembed tag. In this case, you would use something like:

<txp:kml_flashembed movie="whatever.swf" width="100" height="100" fvars=" base = . " />

The other option, particularily with something like SlideShowPro or any flash movie that references external files – XML or otherwise, is to make sure all the paths you use to reference those files are absolute.

#26 2006-04-03 12:49:25

jebni

Kimili, I tried setting a “base” parameter using “fvars”, but that produced an “addVariable” call instead of an “addParam”. Manually adding “addParam” when your plugin writes everything out seemed to make all the difference. Yep, my paths are absolute.

Last edited by jebni (2006-04-03 13:27:11)

#27 2006-04-03 17:16:44

kimili
Plugin Author
Website

Your timing couldn’t be better, jebni. I was just wrapping up an update to the plugin when you posted this question. Consequently, I was able to slip the answer in there. The Kimili Flash Embed (version 1.1) now has a base attribute, used for just this purpose.

Give it a try and let me know how it goes.

#28 2006-04-04 07:20:53

jebni

You’re unreal! I’ll let you know how it goes…

Updated: works great.

One other thing: when specifying an “fvar”, is it possible to concatenate strings with TXP internal variables and pass the result to Flash? For example, with my SlideShowPro swf, I want to pass it a variable called “initialURL” in order to jump to a certain album in the SSP gallery. Now, I just want to use the category syntax for TXP URLs to stand in for that variable, i.e. a URL like

<pre><code>domain.com/gallery/?c=albumname</code></pre>

would generate this FlashObject call:

<pre><code>addVariable(“initialURL”,”#id=albumname”);</code></pre>

The plugin can pass <code>$c</code> as an <code>fvar</code>, but how would I specify a concatenation like <code>”#id=”.$c</code>? Again, at the moment (as a non-PHP person) I’m hardcoding this into your plugin by sending that addVariable call to every Flash movie, but that’s a bit brute force…

Last edited by jebni (2006-04-04 08:18:38)

#29 2006-04-04 20:51:05

kimili
Plugin Author
Website

jebni – Currently, there’s no way to mix static with dynamic values in one variable, unless of course you take the brute force approach. I’m not sure how I could build it in a way that would be handled reliably, but that’s definitely something to look into for the next update.

#30 2006-05-12 08:01:02

brain

hi
i’m using this plugin but i have a problem in ie (latest version) the flash movie doesn’t appear in this page: http://www.canaletto.demonweb.co.uk/artmedia/index.php?s=portfolio&c=booth
but appear normally in this page: http://www.canaletto.demonweb.co.uk/artmedia/
the code is the same for the two pages, someone has had the same issue ?
thanks a lot in advance

#31 2006-05-12 16:44:28

kimili
Plugin Author
Website

Brain – You seem to be using a really old version of the plugin. Try updating it and see if you still have the problem.

Kimili Flash Embed Home

Cheers!

#32 2006-05-13 14:38:21

brain

i’ll try and let you know
thank you very much kimili

#33 2006-05-18 13:20:52

brain

hi
updated the plugin and resolved the problems in ie, but i have still problems in opera and mac (probably problems with gecko browsers?) compare the animation in ff/ii and in opera (or safari) http://www.canaletto.demonweb.co.uk/artmedia/
in the latters the text on the right and one of the cover of the animation are missing
all suggestions are welcome
thanks in advance

#34 2006-05-27 17:33:30

fuls
Website

Hi, I think I have the same problem. Flash menu shows up in page sections (subpages) but not when viewing articles (movie not loaded). Please help! Thanks.

#35 2006-06-20 06:34:10

Benvolio
Website

Hey there guys,

great plugin! I’m just having two issues:

1. I want to manage the flash files through the “files” tab – how can I do this?
2. Can you post examples of how to use each variable? For example: I’m not sure how to use the base variable. As I’m trying to manage the flash files through the file management tab I want to be able to point to the siteurl/files/ folder. How do I do this?

Thanks again for a great plugin,
Benvolio

#36 2006-06-26 21:45:16

maniqui
Website

Hi,

I’m having problems with IE: the movie isn’t displayed. If I look at the source, all the plug-in output is there, but the movie isn’t displayed.
Of course, I have no problem in FF.

Anyone knows what could be happening?

La música ideas portará y siempre continuará

TXP Builders – finely-crafted code, design and txp

Board footer