Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#37 2006-03-13 15:39:16

gdtroiano
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Re: tru_tags: A tagging plugin for textpattern

Do you mean how tags with more than one word are shown as tag%20name in the url?

#38 2006-03-13 17:15:47

truist
Plugin Author
Website

I had to replace the x % x % with an actual ampersand(&) like so

Grrrr…. I spent 40 minutes trying to get those rules to render correctly, because of Textpattern / Textile finding new and creative ways to interpret it. I missed that bit. You’re right – it is supposed to be an ampersand. I fixed it on my site.

How i can customize the output of /tag/tagname pages (i.e. tag search)?

I’ve never tested it, but you should just be able to set the default “page” for your “tag” section to whatever you want it to be. You don’t have to leave it set to “default”. (Note that I solved that problem by using my normal form, but putting a <code>txp:if_section name=“tag”</code> in my default form.) See the instructions, in steps 1 and 2.

#39 2006-03-14 21:46:51

pospel
Website

I meant not a page, but a form which outputs article list in tag search. It uses form named “default”, but I want to specify which form to use.

#40 2006-03-15 02:56:13

truist
Plugin Author
Website

I meant not a page, but a form which outputs article list in tag search. It uses form named “default”, but I want to specify which form to use.

Change your tru_tags_handler call to add a <code>form=“yourform”</code> attribute. It works just like txp:article.

#41 2006-03-15 05:54:21

OIZee
Website

gdtroiano wrote:

RewriteRule ^tag/(.+)/$ ?s=tag&t=$1

…and if you are using lighttpd server, you’ll need the following two lines (notice the starting ‘/’):

url.rewrite-once = ( “^/tag/(.+)/$” => “/index.php?s=tag&t=$1” )
server.error-handler-404 = “/index.php”

That is if you have named your tag section “tag” and textpattern is at the root of your website.

Regards
Brian

#42 2006-03-15 09:33:08

pospel
Website

truist wrote:

Change your tru_tags_handler call to add a <code>form=“yourform”</code> attribute. It works just like txp:article.

Thanks, you should add this to plugin documentation :)
Also, it will be great if tru_tags_from_article can return a just plain tags list, not only list of tag search links.

And it will be really nice if it was possible to specify not only font sizes for tru_tags_cloud but also styling css classes, for flexible cloud output – for example, i prefer tags in tag cloud to differ not only by size, but also by color – this improves usability.

Anyway thanks for great thing, you plugin totally rocks.

#43 2006-03-15 12:04:05

sthmtc
Website

gdtroiano wrote:

Do you mean how tags with more than one word are shown as tag%20name in the url?

this would be important for me too. would it be possible to change

<code>/tag/foo%20bar/</code> to <code>/tag/foobar/</code> or <code>/tag/foo-bar/</code>

?

Last edited by sthmtc (2006-03-15 12:05:14)

#44 2006-03-16 14:10:09

truist
Plugin Author
Website

Thanks, you should add this to plugin documentation :)

It is, sort of. It mentions that tru_tags_handler supports all the txp:article attributes.

Also, it will be great if tru_tags_from_article can return a just plain tags list, not only list of tag search links.

Do you mean where they were literally not links? You could get that appearance with a wraptag and a class and some stylesheet work. But it could also be done in code – can you just confirm that that’s what you want?

for example, i prefer tags in tag cloud to differ not only by size, but also by color

I like that idea, but I’m not sure I’ve ever seen such a cloud – can you show me an example? I’m not sure how to implement it.

this would be important for me too. would it be possible to change /tag/foo%20bar/ to /tag/foobar/ or /tag/foo-bar/

Ahhh, now I understand. I’ll start working on this :)

#45 2006-03-16 16:09:01

pospel
Website

Do you mean where they were literally not links? You could get that appearance with a wraptag and a class and some stylesheet work. But it could also be done in code – can you just confirm that that’s what you want?

Yes, I meant just plain list like without any html tags. Something like switching tag output adding attribute generatelinks=“off/on”.

As for advanced styling the tag cloud, instead of font-size: 100%-200% you can add to every tag class definitions like: class=“tagStyle01”, class=“tagStyle02”, class=“tagStyle03” and so on – as much as you have steps for differing the tags in a cloud.

#46 2006-03-17 17:41:15

truist
Plugin Author
Website

Just a warning – I’m really busy all through this weekend, so it will be mid next week before I can get to any of this stuff.

you can add to every tag class definitions like: class=”tagStyle01”, class=”tagStyle02”, class=”tagStyle03” and so on

Now that you describe this feature, I’m thinking about using it myself, but I’m thinking that if I used “tagStyle01” styles like you suggested, I couldn’t do what I wanted. Specifically, I imagine that I’d probably want 3 colors (at least): one for the smallest tags, one for the largest tag(s), and one for the rest. If I just sequentially numbered the tags (based on sort order or on usage count) then I wouldn’t ever know which one was the largest. So instead, what if I used styles like “tagStyleSmallest” and “tagStyleLargest” and “tagStyleMedium”? Would that do what you want? (If necessary, I could add both sorts of styles to each tag.)

(By the way, a good example can be found on tagcloud.com)

I’m also thinking of adding feature whereby the smallest tags (e.g. those with only 1 use) could be hidden. Then you could make an “on every page” cloud with just the most popular tags, and have a link to a complete tag cloud somewhere else. Anyone else interested in such a thing?

#47 2006-03-17 23:35:32

sthmtc
Website

truist wrote: I’m also thinking of adding feature whereby the smallest tags (e.g. those with only 1 use) could be hidden. Then you could make an “on every page” cloud with just the most popular tags, and have a link to a complete tag cloud somewhere else. Anyone else interested in such a thing?

yes, that would be perfect! just wanted to ask for this functionality :)

#48 2006-03-23 15:00:06

bluearc21
Website

sthmtc wrote:

truist wrote: I’m also thinking of adding feature whereby the smallest tags (e.g. those with only 1 use) could be hidden. Then you could make an “on every page” cloud with just the most popular tags, and have a link to a complete tag cloud somewhere else. Anyone else interested in such a thing?

yes, that would be perfect! just wanted to ask for this functionality :)

Ditto. thanks for the great plugin!

“If you build it, they will come.”

Board footer