Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#1 2005-07-30 18:36:04

msteinruck

Collapsable Section List

I have a site that I’m doing that has a long list of Sections. The more I add, the more I have to scroll to find what I’m looking for to make edits.

In the past I’ve used a little piece of javascript and CSS to hide and show a DIV. I thought it would be cool if somebody who knows how to edit the backend of the Sections include could make the list collapsable. So Section titles would be links that, when clicked on, would expand the options under them. It would make long lists of sections much easier to manage.

#2 2005-07-31 00:32:21

LeeStewart
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Re: Collapsable Section List

It’s not too difficult to take an existing JavaScript/CSS page and get it to work with Textpattern – I did it as a test earlier this week.

If you have a link to the page that has the collapsing sections, I’ll guide you through the work.

[Lee]

Monkeys could have written a better post..

#3 2005-07-31 00:40:12

msteinruck

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I can make things on my actual site collapsable. What I want is the list under the Sections tab in the Textpattern control panel to be collapsable. So when I click the Sections tab, all I see are a collapsed list of all my sections. When I click on one of those, it opens to reveal the options for that section. Is that a better explanation?

Thanks!

#4 2005-07-31 20:51:21

LeeStewart
Archived Plugin Author
Website

Er, um. sigh

Sorry, I thought you meant for your site, not for the admin interface. Sorry about that.

[Lee]

Monkeys could have written a better post..

#5 2006-01-11 19:56:02

msteinruck

I asked this question quite a long time ago, but thought I’d bring it back to the top as I’m working on a site that require a lot of sections. I know that there must be one of your genius plugin writers out there who can solve this for me.

For large sites, I really dislike how sections are listed in the Admin screen. I would love to be able to click the name of the section and have it expand and collapse. A few snippets of javascript on a normal website would make this work, but I don’t know how to create a plugin for the TXP interface. Would anyone be able to help?

Let me know if you have questions about what I mean, but I think it’s pretty straight forward.

Board footer