Go to main content

Textpattern CMS support forum

You are not logged in. Register | Login | Help

#13 2005-06-19 16:08:50

marios
Archived Plugin Author

Re: TXP Template Contest : Starting a Pledge ! Will you sign up ?

> sekhu wrote:

> please – PLEASE no Kubrick…that was one of the things that drove me away from “the otherside” – everything was Kubrick. EVERYTHING. Although Kubrick2 fixes all thsoe issues I believe no inline styles, no hardcode styles and everything is in the css

I’m voting for no more kubricks as well.

regards, marios

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#14 2005-06-19 16:11:00

marios
Archived Plugin Author

David, we need the rules, are there any limitations as mary suggested or gereral guidelines if you’d prefer.

regards, marios

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#15 2005-06-19 16:56:57

davidm

Well Marios, to be perfectly honest, I launched this out of an impulse, did not think about it yet… Oops

The idea to use only built in tags is probably a good one, as to rev number limitation, I don’t know… Never organized a contest, I should do some benchmarking unless someone has a few guidelines to offer ?

.: Retired :.

#16 2005-06-19 17:33:29

sekhu
Website

does someone want to setup a site just for this – rather than having a thread. It might make sense to that if you are to organise you set upa site so that users can perhaps submit their designs, the site owner then adds them and using some sort of style swticher can switch the designs page and all.

Or is this part not possible yet?

#17 2005-06-19 18:13:00

marios
Archived Plugin Author

> davidm wrote:

> Well Marios, to be perfectly honest, I launched this out of an impulse, did not think about it yet… Oops

The idea to use only built in tags is probably a good one, as to rev number limitation, I don’t know… Never organized a contest, I should do some benchmarking unless someone has a few guidelines to offer ?

Would it be allowed to offer templates that go in par with “unbuggy” plugins ?(Or may be just one of them providing of course the necessary files and instructions together with the packeged zip or tar file.)

(basically necessary to provide basic nav features just to get the users going on five basic main pages.)

regards, marios

Last edited by marios (2005-06-19 18:16:03)

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#18 2005-06-19 18:30:53

marios
Archived Plugin Author

> sekhu wrote:

> does someone want to setup a site just for this – rather than having a thread. It might make sense to that if you are to organise you set upa site so that users can perhaps submit their designs, the site owner then adds them and using some sort of style swticher can switch the designs page and all.

Or is this part not possible yet?

Sekhu, since you managed to to be in the top forum list I would consider you the appropriate candidate to set up this site, with all the enthusiasm you got.

regards, marios

⌃ ⇧ < ⌃ ⇧ >

#19 2005-06-19 18:44:33

davidm

Well anyone might contribute, or stepup

About the dedicated website that’s what I had in mind from the start, setup a website for this contest once we reach the 25… I have plenty of hosting space at TextDrive since my VCII account is underused at the time :) About the switcher thing, yeah, good idea but I don’t know if this can be made..

I also thought I might ask alicson if she felt like this would belong to textpattern.org, or alexandra to txpmagazine…

About the rules, please help me I am a little bit dry on this (too much sun this w-e maybe ;-p)

Last edited by davidm (2005-06-19 19:36:00)

#20 2005-06-19 19:14:35

bizartist
Website

Okey Dokey… that makes it 8.

As for guidlines, I say version should be limited to whatever revision can be downloaded from the front page. That way we can get the designers in who aren’t as comfortable with the whole SVN thing. Plus, this is the version that most end users are likely to install…

Beyond that, maybe get consensus on the plugin thing. The base system is pretty strong so I don’t thing we need plugins neccessarily. As long as there is a well thought out scheme for headers and such, most plugins like rss_suparchive should take to the look and feel pretty well if more advanced users decide to add them later.

After enduring years of Art School, mild mannered Owen Waring noticed some unusual changes… the constant bombardment of criticism, it seems, had altered his DNA. Half pixel pusher, half programmer, he had become…. THE BIZARTIST

#21 2005-06-19 19:45:03

Mary
Sock Enthusiast

Judging by the svn log and the date of the zip, that would be revision 335.

Only problem is that revision is partly broken in some key places, and we’re already up to 443 since then. Having rc3 available through deanload is fine, but it sucks if its not getting updated every once in a while with bug fixes. Makes me want to wait for 1.0, but when that’ll be is anyone’s guess, so that’s no good.

I also volunteer to help this effort in other ways (outside creating a template), if I’m needed anywhere.

#22 2005-06-19 20:48:23

davidm

Bizartist, Mary, glad to have you both on board :-))

Agree with you Mary, I had also checked, judging from the date it’s around rev330 which is indeed broken. We should setlle for the last available stable SVN and make it available on the contest website once it starts.

And I’ll certainly take up on that help offer :)

#23 2005-06-19 21:24:20

sekhu
Website

if i can help in some way, happy to assist though I’m short on time as I have exams for the next few 4-6 weeks – 1 a week, lucky me. not sure if i’m competent enough to build a theme from scratch but if I can help let me know.

#24 2005-06-19 23:54:40

thebombsite
Archived Plugin Author
Website

There’s an r360 available from my site which I believe was pretty stable and would work with all of the updated plug-ins too I think if they are allowed in the competition. I could make r416 available if you preferred as the “offset” has been sorted by then.

Stuart

In a Time of Universal Deceit
Telling the Truth is Revolutionary.

Board footer